𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

( chapter )fifty-six

( chapter )
fifty-six

JAMES POTTER WATCHED FROM THE side of the room as Cassie danced with Lily, Marlene and Alice. The four girls yelling the words to the song as they laughed loudly, trying their hardest not to hit anyone near by as they flung their arms around, swaying their hips to the rhythm of the beat.

He let out a laugh as he watched Cassie bump into Marlene, the two of them falling to the ground, but they were laughing even harder within seconds. Alice and Lily staring down at the two of them with amused expressions on their faces as they continue to dance.

He smiled again as Cassie got up off the ground, before bowing low, asking Marlene for the next dance. The two girls slow dancing to a fast beat song, but not caring if anyone was judging them as they were having fun.

"Er, Prongs?" A voice snapped James out of his daze and he turned to see Remus standing infront of him, a soft smile on his face.

James eyebrows furrowed as he looked around the room, before he turned back to Remus.

"When did you come over here?"

"Forget you were talking to me, did you?" Remus asked, but the smile on his face showed James that he didn't mean anything by it.

James rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, feeling heat rising to his cheeks slightly.

"Sorry Moony, I got distracted." Remus let out a laugh as he shook his head slowly.

"You really love her, don't you?" Remus asked as he turned to look at Cassie, who was now trying to start a conga, however Marlene was the only person joining in.

James smiled once again as he looked over at the girl, waving as he caught her eye. She blew him a kiss, before returning to the two person conga line she was in.

He nodded in response to Remus question.

"I do, I really do."

Remus' smile grew, it wasn't hard to see that James loved the girl, but he was happy that he had admitted it.

James did love her, and he didn't know why, but telling someone that he loved her, made it feel all the more real.

He loved everything about her, from the way that she got cuddly when she was tired, not letting him go until she had fallen asleep with him on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room, or until she was forced to go up to her own dorms. To the way that she would always ask him for help with Transfiguration homework even if it meant waiting until midnight to do it seeing as he had Quidditch practice. He loved the way she would run her hands through his hair, even if they got tangled in his dark locks half way through.

He loved everything about the girl, even the things she did love, he adored.

"I think her birthday may be the best day to tell her Prongs." Remus said, causing the boy to look up at him again.