ten

( chapter )ten

( chapter )
ten

NO-ONE KNEW THAT CASSIOPEIA Black cried Halloween night, and she wasn't exactly going to tell anyone.

The next day she acted as if nothing had happened, like she always did.

She also got another detention in Defence Against the Dark Arts, but if you asked the dark-haired girl, she would just say that Professor Smith has been putting her in detention ever since she had decided to hang Martin Davis in the air by his ankle.

Cassopiea and Nova were currently sitting besides the Black Lake, the two of them taking in the little sun that they had been gifted with before it disappeared for the winter.

The sun was warm on their skin, but not strong enough to make them feel it over the cold breeze that was constantly emitted from the lake.

It was currently two days before Cassie and Sirius' birthdays and the next day was a Hogsmeade day, but Cassie had another tutoring session with James, and Nova was going to get the girls present.

The two were just sitting in silence as the listened to the soft waves from the lake. They were both rather tired as they hadn't gone to bed until late the previous night, and Cassie was even more tired and she had stayed up even later.

"I wonder what they do with the leftover sweets?" Nova wondered out loud breaking the silence, Cassie looked up from where she was pulling grass out of the ground and sent the blond-haired girl a confused glance.

"They probably feed it to the portrait of the Fat Lady." Cassie replied, looking down at the small pile of grass she had picked.

"Don't want her moving too far and exploding all of our ear drums."

Nova let out a small snort, and glanced behind her at the girl, who still wasn't really paying attention to everything around her. Nova then stood up and moved so that she was besides Cassie, she then lay down on the grass, placing her head in Cassies lap as she tightened the green and black scarf that was around her neck.

"Do you think that the paintings ever go to the toilet?" Nova wondered out loud. Cassie looked down at the girl, and tilted her head to the side.

"What in Salazars name goes on in your head?" Nova let out a giggle, and shook her head. "

You can't say anything," The blonde girl replied, "You were the one who asked Potter for a spell to turn Dumbledore into a frog, so that you could force your brother to kiss him."

Cassie scrunched up her face, nodding, as she looked up from the girl and towards the lake, the sound if the soft waves still filling her ears.

"Touché, touché." Nova giggled yet again, and then shook her head.