nineteen

( chapter )nineteen

( chapter )
nineteen

CASSIOPEIA BLACK LET OUT A breath she didn't know she was holding as she collapsed against she seats of the compartment on the train, however, she winced in pain as the sest slammed against her latest bruise from only two nights before.

Walburga and Orion had found the present Sirius had gotten her, and it hadn't ended well. She didn't even get a chance to open it before the set it alight, and punished her some more for hanging around with a "Blood-traitor."

She didn't know how much longer she could put up with her parents, but she knew she had to, for Regulus. She couldn't leave him and put the weight on his shoulders. Cassie shook her head, a frown playing on her lips. She loved her brother, and she couldn't leave him, no matter how hard it got.

The dark-haired girl let out a sigh as she used her finger and her thumb to rub her temples, hoping to stop the upcoming headache. Cassie sat like that for a few minutes, until the train began to move, the red Steam Train hooting loudly, she let out another sigh as she sat up more, careful not to hit her back yet again.

She pulled her legs up to the compartment seats and rested her head on the cold window, closing her eyes.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie had no idea how long she had been asleep when the door to her compartment flung open, so quickly that it caused her to jump and bash her head harshly on the window, something that really didn't help her headache.

She opened her eyes to see Sirius leaning against the door of her compartment, the rest of the Marauders behined him. Cassie let out a small groan as she sat up and rubbed her eye.

"The fuck do you four want." Sirius let out a small chuckle as he walked into the compartment and sat down across from the girl. James now leaning against the door frame. Remus and Peter shared a look before shrugging and entering the compartment aswell, sitting down.

"Make yourself at home why don't you." She muttered, running her hand through her now tatty hair.

Sirius shook his head and knit his eyebrows together, looking at his sister intently.

The dark-haired girl looked at her brother, he seemed happier than he had ever seemed before, his smile actually reaching his eyes, instead of being forced.

Sadly, Sirius couldn't say the same about Cassie.

She looked exhausted, her skin looked even paler than it had before Christmas, and she had massive bags under her eyes. Everytime she moved, she winced slightly, it was almost unrecognisable, but James saw it.