𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Of course not, Sirius can realise things sometimes, but most of the time he's as oblivious as a doorstop."

James let out a small chuckle, nodding in relief.

"Good, I know what he gave Cass for her birthday, but he was drunk." Remus shrugs slightly.

"He was going to give that to her anyways, drunk or not." James looked at him, raised his eyebrows before nodding.

"That's Padfoot for you." Remus nodded in agreement.

James looked around the corner once again, letting out a small sigh when he realised that it was only Dumbledore walking towards the two of them.

James looked back and Remus and smiled a little more.

"It was. . , amazing. Literally."

Dumbledores footsteps got closer and closer before they stopped.

James peered around the corner and jumped when he saw Dumbledores face already close to his, his blue eyes twinkling as he looked at the boy in front of him.

Dumbledore copied James' actions and jumped back himself, his eyes widening and his beard swaying ever so slightly.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir." James said, sending a glare towards Remus who was laughing behined him.

"Mr Potter." Dumbledore replied, his eyes quickly darted to the bruise on James neck and he shook his head slowly.

James quickly pulled his scarf around his neck.

"Make sure you use protection, Mr Potter." Dumbledore said as he began to walk away.

"We don't need little Potters running around anytime soon."

James went bright red as Remus sat down on the floor while he laughed, his head in his hands as he shook his head slowly.

"By Dumbles." James muttered as the man walked away, waving at Remus and James as he did so.

"I hate to say it, but you have to love Dumbledore." Remus said when he had finally stopped laughing and he stood up. James glared at him.

"No, you really don't have to-"

James was cut off when Remus quickly placed his hand over the other boys mouth, a small smirk making its way onto his face as he looked around the corner.

James eyes widened slightly as he too looked around the corner, looking at the Slytherin that was walking towards the two of them, shaking his head softly as he walked.

"Do you think it worked?" James asked hurriedly, turning to face Remus, who shrugged.

"We'll have to wait and see."

James pouted impatiently, before nodding. The two of them stepped away from the corner to make it seem as if they were walking towards the Slytherin common rooms, and stopping themselves from looking so suspicious.

The Slytherin walked over to them and they realised that it was Evan Rosier. James rolled his eyes, but smiled as Rosier walked past.

"Oi, Rosier." James called, the boy looked over in surprise, before a look of disgust made its way onto his face.