Chapter Fifty One

Alois stared off into space, wanting to grab the first thing he sees and chuck it at his uncle's head. The Viscount sat to his left, making overly polite comments to Y/n. His fiancee hid her emotions well, her face as neutral as the first day she met him.

Alois liked to call it her people mask. She seems to slip into that state whenever they're around people so it was a fitting title.

Though there was one tell Alois knew about, one thing that let him know that Y/n was uncomfortable, nervous, or both.

She was clutching her dress.

And Alois wanted to clutch his fingers around Arnold's neck until his face turned purple.

"You're fiancee is very beautiful Alois, I can see why you fancy her." Arnold complimented, his greedy eyes raking over Y/n's body.

Y/n gripped the skirts of her dress tightly, resisting the urge to stand up and leave. This man was related to Alois?

Alois glared at Arnold, wishing he hadn't set up this meeting. His darling fiancee was uncomfortable and he couldn't think of anything to do that would help her. Besides shoving a knife into his eyes.

Yes, Alois thought, imagining just that. That would certainly solve the current problem. It would be quite the funny sight too.

"Thank you uncle Arnold," Alois forced a smile, pressing his foot against Y/n's beneath the table in an attempt to comfort her. She presses back against him, thankful for the contact.

"When will the wedding be?" Arnold asked, finally taking his gaze off the poor maiden.

"We haven't started our planning yet," Alois said, picking at the food on his plate. Claude had made one of his uncle's favorite dishes. A dish that he absolutely hated.

While Claude was preparing dinner Alois had half a thought of ordering Claude to slip something into Arnold's plate but had decided against it.

Now he wished he hadn't

His icy blue eyes gazed at his uncle in boredom, not bothering to hide the look on his face. He wanted him to leave. He didn't want to tell his uncle anything about Y/n or their wedding plans.

Control yourself.

"That's not a surprise," Arnold chuckled, taking a bite of his food. "You always have been horrible with plans. Are you going to make it Claudes job to prepare the wedding? That sounds like something you would do."

Alois grit his teeth, fighting the urge to go off. It was beginning to be hard. He hoped his self control would hold out til the end of the meeting.

Y/n gazed at Alois, noticing the tightening of his jaw. He was upset. Y/n looked back at the Viscount, her gaze hardening into a glare.

He was the reason Alois was on edge today and Y/n finally understood why. Alois did not like his uncle, she guessed the only reason this meeting was happening right now was because Arnold wanted to meet her and Alois could not refuse.

The way his eyes had raked over her had made her want to vomit. He was disgusting, lusting after a woman who was engaged to his nephew.

Y/n calmed when Yuma walked behind her, subtly touching her back. Though the harsh warning did not go unnoticed.

Calm down Mistress, your powers are stirring.

"I was thinking we could get married after my birthday," Y/n said, offering Alois an out on the conversation.

"That's a womderful idea! We could get married in the spring," Alois exclaimed, Y/n's montone voice calming him instantly. It had been a while since she used that tone with him but he didn't mind.

"Spring weddings are beautiful," Arnold agreed, worming his way back into the conversation much to Alois and Y/n's disdain.

"When is your birthday, my dear? I'll be sure to send you a present."

Over my dead body, Alois seethed silently.

"February Twenty-Thrid." Y/n answered, refusing to show how his gaze made her uncomfortable.

Arnold nodded, smiling at her. Y/n couldn't help but think he had a horrible smile.

"Uncle Arnold, didn't you want to dicuss some things after dinner?" Alois asked, taking the attention off of you.

"Yes, I did. Shall we go to your study?"

Alois nodded and stood, leaning down to press a kiss to Y/n's forehead.

"I'll deal with this bastard then I'll come and find you," Alois murmured into her ear before standing straight.

He flashed her a cunning smile before turning to leave, snapping at the Viscount when he tried to take your hand.

Arnold frowned, but turned to follow. Not before flashing Y/n another one of his ugly smiles.

It was a funny sight, seeing the blond be so protective of her. A funny sight that made her heart melt.

When they were gone Yuma walked over, smiling his usual smile.

"I'm not sure I like him," Yuma said, glaring at the door the Viscount left out of. Y/n sighed and rubbed her arms.

"I don't like him either. Come Yuma, I need a change of clothes."

At her words Yuma wanted to snap the old blonds neck. That disgusting bastard had disturbed his Mistress to the point where she felt she needed to change.

But like the loyal butler her was he didn't leave the room, instead he calmly smiled at his Mistress.

"As you wish."

I'm back, lol. I'm really bored rn so why not post another chapter. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, see ya in the next update!

Ciao!~