Chapter Forty Eight

Y/n opened her eyes and looked around, immediately recognizing that she was in her strange dream. She wondered who she was going to visit, what she was going to see.

Y/n gasped as arms wrapped around her waist. Turning her head, she saw a crying Alois. His eyes were dull, no longer fun and full of life. Tears streamed down his face and dripped on to her shoulder. His nose was red and stuffy.

"Alois?"

"Why did you leave me?"

Uneasiness crept up on Y/n. The interactions terrified her. He shouldn't be able to see or hear her. Much less hold her in his arms.

"You promised me.." His grip on her tightened to a painful level, his eyes filled to the brim with anger.

"I hate you!"

Y/n flinched and broke out of his grasp, eyes watering at his harsh words. She watched as Alois collapsed to the ground, not sure what was going on. Her chest hurt. It seemed like he was in pain. Why? What's wrong?

"Don't worry my little kit, everything will be alright."

Y/n turned around at the soft cooing. In the distance she could see her mother comforting a smaller, younger her. Except the younger Y/n looked like she just went through some type of torture.

What was going on? These weren't memories. Maybe this was just an actual nightmare that had nothing to do with her powers?

"I wish I never met you!!"

"Please stop!" Y/n screamed, pressing her hands over her ears. She couldn't stand to hear Alois' hateful words.

"Mommy!" Younger Y/n yelped, both watching as her father pulled her mother away from her. Why was he doing that?

Avery collapsed into Emmits arms, the male glaring at the small child as he held his dead wife.

Why?

Y/n fell to her knees, overwhelmed. The confusion. The hurt. The pain. It was all so unbearable.

Alois was yelling cold words at her, his voice laced with venom. Her mother was dead and her father would not let her younger self anywhere near her. And younger Y/n looked as if she had been beaten half to death. This was all wrong.

Everything was wrong.

Y/n sat up with a start, her breathing heavy and ragged. She could feel her powers swirling around her. Tears streamed down her face as she curled up and cried. Tremors wrecked her body.

She barely recognized the room around her, her vision dazed. As if she was still in her dream.

Even though she was fully conscious Y/n could only relive the dream. Something wasn't right. Why.

She didn't notice Yuma roughly grab her shoulders, trying to shake her back into reality. She didn't notice her powers trying to push him away, cutting him, hurting him. She didn't notice when he left. Didn't notice when he returned with a very worried Lord.

"What's wrong with her?" Alois asked, immediately making his way towards her bed. He didn't notice her raw magic swirling around the room.

"Mistress sometimes experiences very terrible nightmares. I am usually able to bring her out of them but it is not working."

Alois crawled on the bed and wrapped his arms around the shaking maiden, comforting her. He pulled her on to his lap, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

Yuma watched on, noting that her powers were lulled into their dormat state, no longer causing a ruckus.

Y/n blinked, her gaze no longer hazed over. No longer seeing her strange dream. No longer confused, her chest no longer hurting. The pain gone.

She looked into icy blue eyes, flinching. She half expected them to be filled with hate. But they weren't. They were filled with love, concern, and worry.

"Alois?"

Alois smiled softly at her, pulling her tighter against him.

"There you go darling, everything's okay now."

Y/n let out a shaky sigh and rested her head against his chest, listening to the calming rhythm of his heartbeat. Alive. Not dead. He was here with her, he wasn't yelling at her, he didn't hate her.

"Will you... will you stay with me?"

Alois chuckled at her question, kissing the top of her head. He was so happy. She was relying on him. She trusted him with her problems, her fears. She needed him.

"Of course my love, I'll stay here for the rest of the night if need be."

Y/n fully relaxed against him. Letting him lay them both down and slip the covers over them. Letting him cuddle her into his chest. Enjoying the warmth he provided her. Letting him be her safe haven.

"Alois?" Y/n hummed tiredly, eyes beginning to droop shut.

"Hmm?"

"I... think I..." Alois stared at the sleeping maiden, wondering what she was attempting to say. She thought she what? She definitely wasn't about to say 'thank you.' That would've been a weird way to word it. Then again jer tired mind might not have even known what she was trying to say.

Alois played with his girls hair, deep in thought. This whole situation was actually really strange. Alois saw fear in Yuma's eyes when he had woke him up. Why was he scared if Y/n was only experiencing a nightmare? Was it really that serious?

Alois soon fell into a peaceful sleep. A smile rested on his face as he cuddled with the one woman he loved. Dreaming about what the future might bring him.

Hello my darling readers! Hope you enjoyed the update and I'll see you in the next one!

Ciao!~