Chapter Forty Five

Commence day seven of Alois' best birthday presents in the history of birthdays!

"Happy birthday Alois," Y/n greeted him that morning with a soft smile. Reaching up she pressed a kiss to his cheek. "How does it feel to be nineteen?"

Alois grinned down at her and slipped his arms around her waist.

"It feels amazing, but that's only because you're here by my side."

Y/n rose a brow at his words, letting her arms drape loosely over his shoulders.

"You wouldn't feel like this if I wasn't here?"

I wouldn't even be alive if you weren't here, Alois' smile slipped. There had been many points in his life where he thought of ending it all. Y/n had truly saved him from the hell that was his own mind.

Alois shook his head at her question, deciding its best not to answer verbally.

"Are you excited for the ball tonight?"

"Yes! I'd be even more exited if I could present you as my fiancee but sadly you haven't said yes yet." Alois giggled, his mood lifting once more.

"You haven't asked me," Y/n mumbled, a small blush brightening her cheeks.

Although the couple haven't even shared their first kiss yet Y/n felt a connection with Alois. She knew that he loved her and she was slowly learning how to love him back. And her dreaded birthday was three months away. Y/n couldn't see herself marrying anyone but Alois. So if he were to ask her now ahe would accept it readily.

Alois' eyes widened as he stared down at the blushing maiden. Her gray speckled gaze avoided meeting his icy blue ones. Was she embarrassed? It didn't matter. Alois' heart was pounding wildly in his chest at the possibility of making this relationship official.

"Will...will you marry me then?" Y/n finally met his gaze. She smiled softly, cheeks darkening.

"Of course.."

Alois squealed with glee, lifting Y/n up off the floor. He hugged her body tight against his, twirling around. Y/n laughed, holding on to Alois tightly. She didn't think she could ever feel this happy. She felt free.

Alois finally set her down, arms staying wrapped around her. He was grinning so wide it looked as if his face was about to split.

"I'm so happy.." He whispered, resting his forehead against hers, their noses barely brushing.

"Y/n Trancy.. That sounds so much better than Y/n Carter."

Y/n giggled softly, silently agreeing. She rubbed their noses together causing the older blond to open his eyes. He gazed at her lovingly, not registering that she was looking at him with the same emotion.

Alois leaned in closer to her, his gaze dropping down to her lips. Her tongue peaked out, wetting them in nervousness. Y/n stood up straighter, bringing their lips that much closer together.

"Y/n Trancy? My my, is there something that you need to tell me Mistress?"

Hearing Yuma's voice made Y/n jump back in surprise, breaking all contact with her fiance. Her look was kin to a small child who got caught doing something she was not supposed to be doing.

Looking over she saw her smirking butler enter Alois' room. Alois scowled and didn't even move his gaze away from the smaller maiden as he spoke.

"You're supposed to knock before you come into my room."

Yuma's smug smirk never left his face.

"Apologies, Master. I was just here to inform you that breakfast was ready when I heard something very interesting. Has my Mistress finally settled down?"

Y/n glared at her smug butler, wanting to throw something at him.

"You are so annoying Yuma!" She fumed, marching over to the tall black haired male. "So nosy! I would've told you! You didn't have to go and interrupt us! Bad!"

"Oh, was I interrupting something?" Yuma questioned, closing his eye in a smile.

"Wha... What?! No! You're hearing things!" Y/n's face got ten times redder. She hated when Yuma did this. She quickly stormed passed him, leaving the conversation.

"I'm getting breakfast!"

Alois stared after the embarrassed and rightly aggravated (brunette, blond, ect). His eyes slowly trailed over to her smirking butler.

Alois huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, also upset over the fact that Yuma had interrupted them.

"Go tell my other servants that Y/n is officially my fiancee and to make preparations for me to announce that tonight at my ball." He ordered, walking out of the room. Yuma bowed as he passed him.

"As you wish, Master."

Go ahead, yell at me. I regret nothing XD Alois' birthday ball will be in the next chapter. I don't like my chapters being over 1000 words because it gets to long and if I were to add the ball it probably would've neared 2000. Anyways don't forget to comment and vote! See you in the next update!

Ciao!~