Chapter Forty One

Commence day three of Alois' best birthday present in the history of birthdays!

"Ouu, I really like this one!" Alois clapped his hands together as Y/n stepped out of the changing room she was in.

"I don't see how getting clothes for me is a present to you," Y/n said, holding eye contact with the blond Earl.

"Because I get to see you in all these wonderful dresses of course! I like how this one shows off your legs."

"It's cold outside Alois and I am wearing a summer dress."

"Doesn't matter! Hand her the next one!" Alois ordered, glancing at one of the two butlers behind him. Yuma stepped forward and smiled at his Mistress.

"Here you are, M'Lady." He said, handing the dress to the young maiden.

Y/n frowned at Yuma, knowing he was enjoying this just as much as Alois was, possibly more. She turned on her heel and entered the changing room to swap out of her dress and into the new.

"My Lord, might I suggest this dress next? This particular shade of red will compliment her skin tone extremely well."

Y/n glared at the closed door. Damn that Yuma.

"Yes, you can! I trust your taste Yuma." Alois and Yuma shared cunning grins. Claude rolled his eyes and pushed his glasses up. Before he had the chance to offer a quiet, snide remark to Yuma, Y/n walked back out of the changing room.

"You look wonderful, Mistress." Claude complimented after taking in the dress she wore. Y/n offered him an appreciating gaze in return.

"We're getting this one!" Alois exclaimed, cheeks tinted pink in a soft blush. Y/n shook her head and rolled her eyes, though she couldn't help the small smile that crept up on to her lips.

"If that is what you wish, Lord Alois," Y/n hummed, lifting the skirt of her dress in a playful curtsy. Alois scowled and stood up, marching over to the young maiden.

"You know I don't like it when you are formal with me."

"Which is precisely why I do it. Come now Alois, I was just having a bit of fun. No need to get upset."

Alois huffed as he watched Y/n turn to his demon butler and take the dress he offered her. She really managed test his patience at the most random of moments. He didn't understand why she found amusement in riling him up. Most were afraid when they pissed off the Lord. They were afraid to do anything they thought would upset him.

Alois' scowl softened at the thought. That was one of the reasons why he likes her so much. She didn't fear him. She showed genuine care for him. She comforted him in his most vulnerable moments.

He will take her as his bride.

She will be his.

He needed her to be his.

Alois snapped out of his thoughts when Y/n walked out in a new dress.

Absolutely beautiful.

It amazes him how beautiful and enchanting this one woman was. No one has ever charmed him like she does everytime he lays his eyes on her. She was special. She was different. She was unique. And she chose him.

"Marvelous! We're getting this one as well."

The small smile she gave him made his heart do somersults. She smiled at him more now. She showed more emotions around him. She was comfortable in his precense. She didn't have to fake her feelings with him. And he loved that he could pull her emotions out of her.

Y/n had changed back into her original dress now. Alois turned to Claude who held the dresses that they planned on purchasing. Claude noticed his masters gaze and dipped his head in a bow before turning and walking off at the silent order.

Y/n grabbed Alois' arm and his gaze shifted in her direction. He beamed at her, noticing she had took his arm without him having to offer it to her.

"Let's go darling." Alois led the way out of the dress shop.

"What of the dresses?" Y/n questioned, subconsciously pressing closer to the blond when a cold breeze blew against them.

His smile widened. "Claude is taking care of it."

Y/n nodded her head, regulating her body temperature out of habit. Yuma trailed behind the couple, noting Claude silently fall into step beside him.

"Can we stop by one of the bakery's I like? I'm in the mood for a blueberry tart."

"Of course darling! Anything you like~" Alois giggled happily, pouncing on the opportunity to spoil his love even more than he already has.

Y/n leaned her head on his arm in gratitude, happy that she gets to eat her favorite treat after changing in and out of all those dresses.

She could used to being spoiled like this. Y/n was actually starting to enjoy the attention she received from the blond Lord. Not that she would ever let him know that. She didn't even love him yet.

No, but she certainly did like him.

Hello my lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed the update. Vote and comment if you please, I really love the feedback and it helps motivate me to make and update chapters quicker. Anyways, see you in the next update.

Ciao!~