Chapter Nine

Y/n stared at Alois and he stared back. Not once did their eyes leave each other's.

"I'm not dressed for a date." She finally said. Alois just smiled.

"I'll buy you a dress."

"That would be a waist of money."

"I've got plenty to spare."

Yuma almost chuckled as Y/n stared at Alois who showed no signs of backing down. He found it amusing to watch the wheels turn in her head.

Finally after what felt like a few minutes she said, "Why do you try so hard?"

"Why that's easy," Alois said while stepping closer to the young maiden. Starring deep into her grey speckled (e/c) eyes he continued. "Its because I want to win your heart of course. We established that on our first date."

"What if I said that I'm only here because you had piqued my interest?" She questioned.

"Then I would have said that I've done what most haven't been able to do."

"So you would take it as a win?"

"Most certainly. And I would try to accomplish more." This sentence made her curious.

"Accomplish more? How so?" Alois smirked at her question.

"By winning your heart of course. That is my main goal after all."

Indeed he had said that. The memory was still fresh in her mind.

"Come, I saw this lovely dress and automatically thought of you! We can go get it and you can swap out of those clothes your wearing!"

Alois seemed way to excited, Y/n thought. But maybe it was just his nature? Who knows.

"Fine My Lord-"

"-Alois."

"Right." Y/n sighed after Alois corrected her. Why did he insist on her calling him by his first name? Not even the most desperate of suitors tried to make her call them by name.

But there was a big difference between them and Alois. Alois didn't seem desperate at all. She couldn't really tell how he didn't, he tried just as hard as the others, maybe more so. It all just didn't add up. But she would have to worry about that later.

Right now she had a date with the blonde Earl.

"I will accompany you on a date." Alois smiled brightly at her words, happy that she had agreed.

"Wonderful! Come now, let's go swap out your clothes." Alois pulled her along, Yuma and Claude following closely behind.

Claude looked displeased at the fact that he had to follow his master around while Yuma seemed happy. Their moods contrasted as if night and day.

Alois led Y/n to a dress shop that seemed to be popular among the ladies. All kinds of dresses were sold here, most of them keeping up with the latest fashion trends.

Y/n wondered how any of these dresses could've reminded the blond earl of herself. Then she wondered what he was doing in a shop like this in the first place.

Alois guided her deeper into the shop, both butler's following behind, and stopped in front of a dress.

Being to distracted with eyeing the dresses (with much distaste) she hadn't noticed Alois calling over an attendant. He whispered a few things to her before she grabbed a dress.

"Please follow me Miss," Y/n looked over only to see the attendant already walking, being sure not to let her see the dress. Y/n's neutral face turned into a scowl.

Rude, she thought to herself before following behind the woman, Yuma at her heel.

She led them into a changing room, gave the dress to Yuma, then left.

"Some attandent she is." Y/n said in a snarky tone. Yuma chuckles and held out the dress. "Lord Alois has a good sense of what you like to wear. He does not even know you that well yet." Yuma said, a smirk slipping on to his face. "Do I hear wedding bells ringing?"

Y/n threw him a glare. "Wipe that smirk off your face Yuma. I swear for a grown man you sure do act like a teenage fangirl."

All Yuma did was laugh. A deep delightful sound that could make any woman melt. Any woman except Y/n, that is.

Y/n decided it was best to ignore him and instead chose to inspect the dress. Well, Yuma had been right about one thing. It was a dress she could see herself wearing.

It was a deep, dark red color. The neckline dipped down a bit, and the sleeves flared out, stopping just below the elbows. The skirt had a few layers making it puff out more, but not to much, and it ended just a bit below her knees.

Even though it was the end of summer, the leaves darkening into shades of reds and oranges and yellows to prove it, it was still quite warm out.

Y/n looked at Yuma with a glare once more, hating the fact that he was right. She was met with another smug smirk.

"Hurry along Mistress," Yuma said, stepping closer to her. "We mustn't keep the Young Lord waiting."

Alois sighed as he looked around the dress shop. He was doing his best to be patient and wait for her, but that was easier said then done. He wasn't a very patient man to begin with.

"What on earth is taking her so long?" Alois grumbled out loud. "It shouldn't take this long to change into a simple dress."

The attendant had long since returned, and his temper was beginning to rise. Alois had already purchased the dress just so he could leave as soon as you were done.

And you were taking forever.

Alois was starting to debate going in there and getting you himself. The only downside he saw in that plan was you getting upset with him, and he did not want that.

He wanted you to be his, but in order for that to happen he had to keep your interest.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Y/n approaching with a very smug looking Yuma behind her, who was carrying a bag of what he asumed were the clothes she had changed out of.

Alois eyed her up and down, proud of himself. The dress fit like a glove, complimenting the curves of her body. The dark shade of red complimented her (s/t) skin well. Alois' eyes lingered on her legs before they traveled back up to meet her own (e/c) hues.

Her face was still neutral.

"You look lovely." Alois complimented, offering his arm to her. Y/n gently took hold of his arm, flashing him a false smile. "Thank you Alois."

Alois grinned and led her out the shop.