Chapter Sixty Four

February twenty third. The much anticipated, and dreaded, seventeenth birthday.

It had started off as a fairly normal day.

That morning Alois woke Y/n up with an excited grin on his face, immediately smothering her in kisses and wishing her a happy birthday.

Y/n had smiled and snuggled into the blond, kissing his lips with a soft, tender smile as she thanked him.

"So," Alois giggled, holding Y/n tightly against his body, enjoying her warmth, "how does it feel to be a year older?"

"Honestly it doesn't feel that much different," Y/n mused, playing with Alois' mussed hair.

"You already look different though! You're beauty just quadrupled!" Alois exclaimed playfully, brushing his nose against hers in an eskimo kiss.

Y/n giggled but stopped when she realised Alois was staring intensely at her. She rose a brow, wondering what the strange look was for.

"Alois?"

Alois' narrowed his eyes, his gaze intensifying, "You-"

The sound of the door opening interrupted the blond and he scowled as Yuma walked in, followed by Cluade, his signature smile on his face.

"Good morning Master and happy birthday Mistress!" Yuma greeted happily as he opened the curtains. Y/n sat up, pulling away from Alois who was still scowling, refusing to sit up.

"Happy birthday Mistress," Claude dipped his head towards Y/n before he walked off to Alois' drawer to get his clothes.

"Thank you," Y/n smiled, her nerves raising. Seeing Yuma reminded her what was to come later on.

Alois sat up and glared at Yuma who merely grinned and went about picking out Y/n's dress, making faces at the ones he disapproved of.

"How many times must I tell you to knock?" Alois snapped, extremely moody because Yuma had cut his morning cuddle short.

Yuma didn't even spare the angry blond a glance as he held up a deep violet dress with black lace designs, a plunging back, and a low neckline, inspecting it.

"Always one more time my Lord. What do you think of this?" Yuma turned and presented the dress to Alois, who's eyes immediately sparkled, his annoyance forgotten.

"Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! The perfect dress for the perfect birthday girl!" Alois sat up and clapped his hands in approval.

Y/n rolled her eyes at the two very 'fashionable' men in her life, not even thinking to argue against wearing the slightly revealing dress. Hearing Yuma go on a rampage while he attempts to find a dress that his mistress wouldn't mind wearing while also fitting his and her fiance's standards didn't seem worth it.

So, with a silent sigh the birthday girl stood from the bed, accepting her fate.

After that the two nobles had Y/n's favorite breakfast, Hannah and the triplets wishing her a happy birthday as she enjoyed her meal.

Things began to go downhill from there.

"Darling? Are you alright?" Alois asked, his brows knit in concern. This was the fifth time Y/n had suddenly stopped eating to put a hand to her head, wincing from the pain.

Alois' frown deepened when Y/n looked up to meet his gaze, her eyes flashing grey multiple times before they settled to pure (e/c), the grey specks completely gone.

He didn't react to the very strange incident, his face not changing from his look of concern. He'd seen plenty of similar occurrences before.

Alois wasn't stupid, he knew Y/n was hiding something from him. There had been plenty of times throughout their relationship where he felt something amiss or Claude had stiffened, looking ready to fight off something to keep his master safe.