Chapter Sixty Three

Yuma frowned as he watched his Mistress pant, desperately trying to regain her breath.

The rain came down heavily and the cold night wind blew hard, risking anyone out in the elements a chance of getting hypothermia.

Everyone except Yuma and Y/n, both being kept toasty warm thanks to Y/n's powers. Though the only reason Yuma wasn't drenched in rain like his Mistress was because he held an umbrella that sheltered him from the harsh elements.

"Hurry up Mistress, the lightning storm will hit soon and we are not returning home until you've complete this task."

Y/n glared at her butler, pissed he was making her go through this. She wanted to be home, in bed, comforting her lover before the upcoming storm. Instead she was pulled out of bed as soon as he fell asleep and dragged off to the magical field Yuma liked to make her train in.

"Bastard," Y/n sneered when Yuma smiled snuggly at her after sensing her thoughts.

Yuma wanted her to dry herself. With her powers. In the rain. Then keep herself dry. Simple right?

No.

Because for whatever god forsaken reason her powers decided they no longer wanted to be well behaved, and refused to bend to her will past the point of keeping herself and Yuma warm.

Lightning flashed across the sky and thunder was heard a few seconds after.

Great.

Y/n seethed in rage and glared up at the sky. The raindrops that hit her bare skin immediately evaporated due to the intense heat her body was generating.

"Breathe deeply M'lady, start on drying your face." Yuma instructed, unfazed by the sudden flash of lightning.

"I thought we were past this type of training," Even as she complained, Y/n breathed deeply, channeling her rage.

"Unfortunately not, this trivia training is important for all magic you may learn in the future."

"Oh?" Y/n hummed, her nose slowly drying even with the rain continuously hitting it, "like what?"

"Well, Lady Avery could turn me into any animal she pleased at will."

"And how will me keeping myself dry help teach me how to turn you into a rat?" Y/n sighed, relaxing, coaxing her powers from where they were hiding, the dampness on her face slowly disappearing.

Yuma scoffed, clearly offended that his Mistress thought Avery would turn him into something as disgusting as a rat.

"For the record, Lady Avery never turned me into a rat, she turned me into a fox. But she could do that because she knew how to channel her power and project it away from herself to me. Much like how you're keeping me warm. Avery told me she envisioned me as a fox while projecting and a fox I became. It may be different for you so you will have to find your own style."

Y/n nodded and smiled softly. Avery must have been extremely talented. It makes her proud to know that her mother was amazing.

"And how am I supposed to find my own style? Also my face is dry."

Yuma laughed softly.

"Wonderful Mistress, such a fast learner. Work on drying your hair. Also it will be easier to find your style once you know what you are."

"And what exactly am I?" Y/n asked, focusing on drying her hair, being careful to keep her face dry. Yuma smirked.

"Nice try, as I said you will find out soon. I suppose I should probably prepare you a bit more for your birthday."