Chapter Thirteen

Alois grinned. One in the same.

Y/n sat next to him, enjoying the dinner that Claude had prepared, Yuma standing behind his Mistress obediently. Alois couldn't help but admire her as she ate.

"Is there something you need Alois?" Y/n questioned, not even looking up as she continued to eat the delicious food.

"Oh nothing," Alois grinned, loving how Y/n focused her attention on him.

"Then why were you staring?"

"Well," Alois said, a smirk slowly playing on his lips. "Most people usually stop to admire something that is beautiful."

Y/n looked away and covered her mouth, closing her eyes as she felt her cheeks heat up.

Was he always going to be this upfront with her? If so she is in for a world of embarrassment.

"That was a compliment," Alois said narrowing his eyes at the young maiden.

"Yes," Y/n turned back to him. "I know. Thank you."

Alois frowned. "You stopped blushing." He complained, a whine evident in his voice.

Y/n's eyes widened by a fraction, she hadn't realised he had noticed.

"Of course I noticed," Alois said, grinning from ear to ear much like the cheshire cat.

"Are you reading my mind now?" Y/n questioned, staring at Alois accusingly.

He laughed. "You said that aloud, darling."

Again with the darling.

"You know," Alois said thoughtfully, leaning in closer to her. "I quite like this side of you. Much more loose."

Alois stared into her eyes, getting lost in the grey specks that scattered across the (e\c) irises. "Perhaps you're falling in love?"

Y/n pressed a finger to his nose and pushed him back. "Not just yet," She replied, turning back to her unfinished good.

Alois frowned once again. "Why push me away? I know you know that you have some feelings for me, you are not stupid Y/n."

Y/n didn't reply, she just continued to fork the food into her mouth. Alois grabbed her wrist, halting her movement. Y/n glanced up and made eye contact with Alois icy blue eyes.

"Don't ignore me."

Another mood shift. This guy has some serious bipolorism going on. But who was she to judge someone elses flaws? No one. She has flaws of her own and so far he has excepted every single one of them. It is only fair she does the same in return.

"I wasn't."

"You were."

They continued to stare into each other's eyes, neither of them backing down.

"Just because I don't respond doesn't mean that I was not listening."

"That is exactly what it means!"

Y/n narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't yell at me."

Alois snarled and let go of her wrist, turning back to his food. Y/n ignored that Alois was even sitting next to her and continued to eat her food, acting as if the whole conversation hadn't even happened.

Yuma held back a sigh. 'Troubke in paradise,' he thought to himself. It seems as if both the young adults were to stubborn for their own good. Honestly, he knows that his Mistress enjoys the Earls company, why is she being so tough and playing hard to get?

'Because she is afraid, that's why.' Yuma fought off a grimace.

Finishing her food, Y/n wiped her mouth with the napkin.

"Claude, show Lady Carter to her room." Alois ordered, not even looking up from the food that he was picking at with his fork.

'Lady Carter? How childish.'  Y/n thought as she stood up from her seat. After all, he was the one who insisted the address each other without the formalities.

Y/n and Yuma quickly followed Claude down the halls and to what she assumed to be her room for the night. Claude opened the door and bowed. "This is your room, My Lady. I'll show your butler to his room." He said before turing and walking down the hall.

Yuma smiled at his Mistress and smoothed down her hair. "Just call if you need me, My Lady. I'll be right there." After that he quickly followed after the golden eyed butler.

Y/n closed the door with a huff. She wanted to go home. Walking over to a bookshelf that was in the room, she scanned the shelves for anything that caught her interest. Grabbing a book, she sat in the chair and began to read.

She had lost track of time as she got lost in the pages of the book. If only she could escape this world and live a life like her favorite fantasy characters.

A gentle knock sounded at the door.
Y/n looked up from the book, her face as neutral as the day Alois had met her.

"Come in."

A woman opened the door, keeping her gaze averted. She has a tanned complection and long lavender colored hair. She held what seemed to be a purple, satin night gown.

"I have your change of clothes, Mistress."

"Oh," Y/n gently placed her book down, making sure to mark where she was at.

"I am Hannah," she introduced herself, gently shutting the door behind her. "If you like I can prepare a bath for you."

Y/n thought for a second before decided. "That would be wonderful, thank you."

Hannah nodded before walking into the bathroom that was attached to the room. She set the dress on the counter before kneeling down beside the tub and turning the water on. She made sure it was at a comfortable temperature before returning to Y/n.

"If I may," Hannah said, gesturing towards Y/n's dress. Instead of answering, she just turned so that her back was facing her.

Hannah made quick work of the outter and inner layers of her dress, the fabric hitting the ground with a gentle thud. Hannah loosened the strands of the corset so that it slid to the ground. Y/n took off her own underwear and made her way to the bathroom.

Hannah tied up her hair before Y/n got into the tub. She sighed as she sunk into the warm water, letting it soothe her muscles.

Hannah averted her gaze to the ground once more.

"I know it isn't my place, but his Highness means well."

Y/n looked up to the lavender haired maid, her expression not changing.

"He's had terrible mood swings since he was a child, but in all honesty it is way better now then it was then. Though it may not seem like it, he has matured a lot since his younger teen years."

"He acts like a child." Y/n said, closing her eyes and sinking deeper into the tub.

"Yes," Hannah agrees quietly. "But he just wants your attention. Think on that, Mistress. Now let's wash you up."

Hannah smiled before grabbing some scented bath oils. Y/n just relaxed and let Hannah wash her, not really caring. If Yuma can't do it, she rather Hannah then that golden eyed butler.

Hannah stood from her kneeling position and grabbed a towel for the young maiden. Y/n sighed and stood up, stepping out of the tub.

She grabbed the towel from Hannah and dried herself off. Hannah slipped the purple knight gown over her head and smiled.

"Sleep well, Mistress." With that she bowed and quietly left the room. Y/n walked back into the room and looked at the now darkened sky.

"I wonder when it started to rain..."

Another knock sounded at the door. Not looking away from the window,
Y/n called out and told whoever it was to enter.

Sorry that it took so long to get an update out. Hope you guys enjoy!