A Trip Down on Memory Lane

LISA's POV

"Lili...Where exactly are we going? Why are we taking the stairs? It's exhausting" Chaeng complained, laughing and panting as we walk our way up to the roof deck of the building we are working in. I convinced her earlier that we could stay in her office for a while since I was really planning on bringing her here tonight. Good thing it's late now and there are no other employees left.

I chuckled, recalling how I kept on convincing and pestering Jennie this morning to help me out with the plan. It's not really a fancy dinner. I just want it to be a simple and comfortable place to hang out.

"Close your eyes Chaeng... And no peeking." I chuckled as I cover her eyes with my hand and guide her into the roof deck.

"What is this Lisa-Yah"
"Are you planning on killing me here and dispose my body in a deserted place?" Chaeyoung whined laughing.

"What?! No!."I responded laughing at her antic.
I swear Chaeyoung has this out of this world humor that would either make you just shake your head or laugh hard at it.

"Okay Chaeyoung-Ah, you can open your eyes now."

Chaeyoung slowly opened her eyes and gasped in wonder as she scanned her surroundings. She's been working here for a year now and it was the first time she'd been in this place.

It was not the fancy rooftop date settings that you usually see in the movies but the simplicity of it makes it more beautiful and sincere.

There, laid a thick blanket and a couple of pillows and a guitar. There's a basket and a bottle of juice at the side. Our spot was surrounded by a lot of LED candles that lit the roofdeck up.

"It's not that fancy but its......" I was not able to finish my sentence when Chaeng suddenly wraps me in her arms and pecked me on the lips which caught me off guard. It only lasted for just a second but I swear, I felt that my world suddenly stopped there.

"It was perfect, Love."
She whispered still staring straight into my eyes. I was not able to respond at her for I was still too whipped and flusttered at her kiss.

"Oh sorry.. I got carried away.. I didn't know what I did there, it's just like my body acted on it's own." Chaeyoung uttered quite embarassed when she suddenly realized what she just did.

I smiled at her then lean closer to her ear, close enough that my lips almost touch her skin.

"It's okay."I whispered with a chuckle.

" But please, next time that you would do that, inform me first so I can kiss you back..longer.." I whispered which earned me a pinch on my side from her. She was about to shot back when I lifted her chin and kissed her lovingly in her lips. I let the kiss lingered a little bit more, savoring the warmth and softness of her lips as it touches mine.

There's something about Chaeyoung's kiss and touch. It's not the typical romantic kiss that makes your heart flutters and beat erratically. In contrast, it gives you a sense of tranquility and peace.
It makes you feel secured. A kind of feeling that will instantly ease all of your burden, your pain and your fear, telling that no one can harm you as long as Chaeyoung is here..And somehow you choose to accept and believe that. You start to accept the possibility of exposing yourself for another trauma and heartache again.

And it's not a bad thing.

Because for the first time, you finally found the courage to accept and acknowledge all of that.

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and fix her gaze at me.. I swear, I don't need the stars for me to look at. Her eyes are even more beautiful than the galaxy itself and I would enjoy staring at it forever.