Chaos Between the Old and the New

LISA's POV

"All ready now Love?" Chaeyoung asked smiling the moment we parked our car near the buidling where we're working. She turned the engine off and fixed our things before getting off.

"Are you excited Lili? It's been months now since you last set foot here. Our friends will be surprised to see you here for sure"

"Eomma Shin will be happy that we paid them a visit today." Chaeyoung uttered beaming still wearing that excited smile. Chaeyoung has been in a really great mood since last night when I told her that we could go visit our friends at work first before we head on to our scheduled appointment for my therapy.

Her mood clearly shows how badly she had missed her  work and our friends here which somehow pours a guilt feeling in my heart.

Eversince I woke up from my coma, Chaeyoung had been nothing but the most supportive and caring partner to her. She could have returned to her work and continued doing her usual routine, but instead she extended her leave so she could take care of me and my needs.

She would always put me first before anything else which both makes me happy yet sad at the same time.

For weeks that we've been living together with me having no memories of her, I have never seen Chaeyoung complained nor get frustrated even once.

And lately it pained me seeing that look on her face everytime she would get excited over something only to get a confused reaction from me, or when she unconsciously wrap me in a hug or steal a kiss from me only to see me flinch or be startled for a moment before responding to it.

I know it hurts her a little. But despite all of that, she would still flash that happy and grateful smile.

That's how pure Chaeyoung is..

And I know, she badly misses the old Lisa and their old life together.

I knew that well, cause I always hear her speak my name everynight in her sleep.

And it scares me.

I love her so much to the extent that everything about us frightens me.

What if I never have my memories back?

Will she still love me the same?

Or will she be caught up with the past?

Will she love the new Lisa like she did with the old one?

I was never a religous person. But every night I always do pray to God to give my memories back.

Cause all I ever wanted is for Chaeyoung to have her normal life back.

And it's driving me crazy.

Cause as much as I wanted to have my memories back, a part of my heart fears a lot about that same thought.

What If I have my memories back?

What will happen to the new Lisa if the old Lisa has returned?

Will I still remember these new memories with her that I have right now?

Or will these memories die along with the new self when the old one had returned?

"Babe, what's wrong?" I heard Chaeyoung asked worriedly which brought me to my senses. I was not aware that I completely zoned out from her.

"It's nothing Chaeng-Ah." I answered her with a faint smile. Chaeyoung then leaned closer to me and rested her chin in my shoulder. She then wrap her arms around my waist a little tighter than her usual hugs.