Jamie Kim

LISA's POV

"Few more steps Love. We're almost there." I whispered at Chaeyoung who was silently panting and almost out of breath while she clings to my hand for support as we walk along the hospital corridors. Chaeyoung paused for a moment, heaved a deep breath and continued making small steps, giving herself some time to rest from the long walk.

It's been a month already since my wife was diagnosed with a rare heart condition and in that span of time, her condition only continued to worsen.

And it was heartbreaking, watching the only person you love slowly succumbs to her condition, as her weak heart starts to deteriorate.

She's been giving all of her body's nutrients uand strength to our growing baby to the point that there's nothing much left for herself which only worsen her heart's condition. And on that span of time, there were couple of times that she did lost consciousness and was rushed to the hospital.

It was a horror. Watching your pregnant wife in that state.

"Love?"

"Are you alright? You looked all worried. Is there something bothering you?" I heard Chaeyoung asked worriedly which snapped me back to reality. She stopped for a moment and stared at me worriedly, waiting for my answer.

The only thing I am grateful about this situation we were currently in is that Chaeng and I learned to be really sensitive and mindful with each other's feelings and thoughts. This struggle thought us to communicate well and not to keep our burdens to ourselves.

I stared at Chaeyoung who was still looking at me with much concern as she wait expectantly for my answer.

"Nothing Chaeng-Ah. I just thought that we should have opted in using a wheelchair for you on our way here to save you the hassle." I said truthfully but my wife is adamant.

"Lisa, for the hundredth time, I do know that I have a weak heart, but I am not incapacitated." she chuckled but her voice were trembling that you can feel that she's almost at her last thread of strength.

I held her from her back which halted her from walking. Chaeyoung intuitively snaked her arms around my neck and hugged me warmly, making me smile all of a sudden.

"Feeling better now?" I whispered softly at her while caressing her back. Cheayoung smiled and nodded in response.

"Yeah. Everything bad disintegrates with your hug, Lisa." she answered in all sincerity, making us both smile, just enjoying this heartfelt moment.

"Come on now Lisa, I can't wait to see them now." she uttered beaming and started walking again.

"Where almost there Chaeng."

"A few more steps and we're finally there." I uttered encouragingly which made my wife chuckle a bit as she turn to me and responded.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see her Love."

"I'm sure she's so beautiful." she mumbled delightedly. I finally opened the door for her and found Jennie, lying in her hospital bed, sleeping. Besides her is a small bundle of joy that was securely and warmly wrapped in a baby blanket. Chaeng and I can't help but tear up the moment we first got a glimpse of the baby.

It's a marvel, looking at how breath takingly beautiful Jennie's baby is.

"She's so beautiful right?" We heard Jisoo uttered smiling. Her eyes glistened in both tears of joy and wonder.