The Bad and the Good News

LISA's POV

"Are you ready now Love?" I whispered softly at Chaeyoung the moment we pulled away from the kiss. She was still a mess, crying and laughing and I can't help but to smile and melt at how adorable my wife looks like.

Chaeyoung's eyes brightened in utter joy and surprise the moment she saw Mom and Alice standing behind her.

She had barely noticed their presence all this time, too pre-occupied with our heartfelt moment just moments ago.

She then shifted her gaze at me and her family and tears instantly welled up in her beautiful eyes again.

"Mom, Alice what are you doing here?"

"How did you get here?" she asked still stunned and clueless but her Mom and her sister walked towards her and seized her in a warm, comforting hug that she badly needed right now.

" We came here together with your Wife sweetie." Mom answered softly as she caress her hair and smiled while Alice just hugged her little sister and kissed her in her head.

"Do you possibly think we'll let you go through this all alone?"

"We're your family Rosie-Poop and families don't leave each other behind." Alice uttered lovingly as she pinch her sister's nose making Chaeyoung flash a heartfelt smile.

"All set and ready now Love?" I uttered turning to my wife as I take her hand. Chaeyoung then wiped her tears nodding and finally smiled.

"I think I am now." she answered smiling as she look at us with such love in her eyes.

We finally arrived at Ashley's Clinic and were instantly welcomed warmly  by her. She wasted no time and started with checking her vital signs right away before they proceed with the consultation. She interviewed Chaeyoung first and her family members about their medical history before she proceed with the physical examinations.

Ashley checked her breathing using her stethoscope to find out if there's lung crackles, a rapid heart rate, or abnormal heart sounds or any difficulty in breathing while sitting and lying on flat or whether there is discomfort in the chest and any coughing. She also found out that Chaeyoung suffers from swollen ankles and tummy due to water retention and has a swollen veins in her neck which she explained as due to blood not being pumped efficiently which often cause blood clot.

She wrote every details in her notepad and continued with her examination.

Ashley really took her time in reading and interpreting all the lab test results that Chaeyoung got just yesterday. And from that look in her face it seems like what she's about to say is not good either.

Ashley heaved a deep sigh and looked at us. I held Chaeyoung's hand, assuring her that no matter what it is, I will be there for her in every step of the way.

We both smiled, knowing that we have each other's back.

" I regret to inform you Chaeng, but your findings are correct."

"It is indeed Peripartum Cardiomyopathy." Ashley dropped the news with utter regret and we can see how heartbroken Mom and Alice were. They instinctively held my wife and wrapped her in a comforting hug as if they were protecting her from the cruelness of the world.

"How bad is it Ash?" Alice asked right away, her protective instincts suddenly kicks in.

"Well Peripartum cardiomyopathy is serious condition, but around 70% of women can recover from by a year following diagnosis depending on their ejection fraction." Ashley answered a matter of factly.