The Eye of the Storm

"There.. Right there.. That's where that bitch spiked Lisa's coffee." Seul muttered in a contemptuous tone while she pause and play the CCTV footage on the wide screen and pointed at Ha Eun. All of their friends can't help but let out loud gasps while they watch the culprit sneakily slipped a drug on Lisa's coffee mug that was left unattended on the living room's center table. Seconds later, you'll see Lisa emerged on the living room, all oblivious of the danger she's about to encounter. She sat on the other couch and you'll see a calm confrontation happening between the two.

"No don't drink the damn coffee Liz!" Nayeon can't help but shriek loudly on the screen as if she's watching a suspense thriller movie. If only it was a normal movie, their friends would prolly laugh at the reaction. But this is not a movie.

Rather, it was a copy of the CCTV footage of the crime that took place hours ago.

It was not a fiction. It was a true incident that happened to a person they know. Someone that matters to them the most.

They felt their breath hitched and you'll hear Yeri's muffled shriek the moment Lisa took her mug and downed it in one go.

"Oh fuck. Lisa's fucked up." it was all Wendy could mutter. Her eyes were glued at the wide screen while she unconsciously bit the hem of her knitted sleeves.

"Damn, it was pretty obvious that Ha Eun was really stalling Lisa from ushering her out of the house. You see, from the footage, Lisa was aching to kick the woman out but that bitch kept on making any excuse just to prolong her stay there." Jihyo commented through gritted teeth. She stood up and phased back and forth, having a hard time containing her anger. She blew out deep breaths, trying to calm her self and continued watching the footage. But her anger flared up even more when the footage switched on the scene on kitchen with Lisa now struggling to hold her bearing. A loud crash was heard on the footage as Lisa finally lost her grip with the glass she was holding, oblivious of the fact that the drug was finally taking effect. She staggered on her way to the grand foyer, stumbling and grabbing any furniture she could hold onto, just to keep herself from falling over.

"Oh my God.." Mina can't help but gasp loudly, her eyes were now misting with tears as she tries to cover her mouth, having a hard time absorbing everything she's witnessing right now. All of her friends watched in horror, as Lisa struggled to crawl upstairs while that lunatic trailed behind her, completely amused at what she was seeing. They saw Ha Eun flashed that morbid smile and Tzuyu could swear, she felt shivers ran up her spine and it was not a good thing.

Her fist clenched as she watched Lisa, desperately called someone on her phone but the demon had snatched it away from her before Lisa could even make a call. The footage scene ended with Lisa finally passing out.

They sat in silence for almost a long minute. It was the first time it happened to them, to be completely silent, as none on them dared to talk after that. The uncomfortable and eerie silence that filled them was finally broken when Seulgi suddenly spoke. Her tone was somewhat cautious, her eyes never meeting theirs.

"The next footage...It's a very sensitive matter..I'm not sure if you guys can handle it..Just tell me if we'll stop here now and I'm not going to play it." Seul uttered with her voice trembling.

"We'll endure it. Right now, what matters most is that we'll know everything so that we can give the proper approach and support that Lisa needs. We were not there with her when it happened and the least that we could do is know what she went through so we can see and understand from her perspective. From this, we'll know what to do and not to do so it won't trigger her traumas just like what happened to her back when we were in College." Jihyo answered resolute, earning her murmurs of approval from everyone in the room.