𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

His gaze returned to Cassie, who was looking at him, she mouthed 'want to get out of here?' James grinned again, nodding at the girl.

He turned back to Remus.

"I think you're right Moony."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James and Cassie walked hand in hand through the empty corridors of the school, the two of them praying that Filch wasn't patrolling any of the corridors they were near.

The corridors were empty, not a student, teacher or pet in sight, only the two of them.

The moon light glistened through the open windows of the school, bathing the couple in its pristine rays as they walked. The stars twinkled down at them, all of them looking like glass diamonds sitting on a pillow of velvet black. Silence echoed throughout the halls, bouncing off the walls and into the void with all of the other words that were left unspoken. A cold breeze blew in through the windows, it prickled their skin creating lines of goosebumps up and down their arms, but James didn't believe that his goosebumps were due to the cold.

James turned to Cassie, any sense of worry leaving his mind the second that their eyes met.

James took a small breath before he placed his hand either side of Cassies face and pulled her in for a kiss. Cassie wrapped her arms around his neck.

The two still felt the same butterflies that they had felt the first time that they had kissed. The two still never wanting the kiss to end, not being able to get enough of the other person no matter how long they kissed or hugged.

They kissed for a few moments more, before James pulled away from the kiss, and while he still held Cassies face in his hand, he whispered.

"I love you."

Cassie froze.

A million thoughts ran through her mind at once.

The two biggest ones being:

I love you too.

But you don't even know me.

Cassie shook her head as she took a step back from James, her eyes wide with a mixture of surprise and worry.

"Cassie?"

She looked up at him again, her bottom lip quivering and the hurt look on his face.

She hated the fact that she already seemed like the had hurt him, she hated it more than she hated her parents. She never wanted James to look like that, and her be the reason behind it made it all worse. But the hurt on his face could look so much worse if she made another wrong decision.

Her eyes looked away from his.

"B-but you don't know me."

James shook his head, still looking down at the girl. Cassie felt the slight push of tears prickling behind her eye-lids.

James, however, no longer looked hurt, instead he looked confused, but he wasted no time proving Cassie that she was wrong.

"I don't know you? Thats the biggest lie I've ever heard Cassie." He ran a hand through his hair, looking back at the girl, he noticed the way that tears were brimming in her eyes and frowned slightly.

"I know you, I know that you tilt your head to the side when you're confused. That you can't look someone in the eyes when you lie to them, even if it's a small lie about if you ate the last sweet, or if its about you killing someone, you cannot look that person in the eyes. I know that you also hate butterbeer as you think it tastes like piss, but you love the taste of anything butterscotch. That you're eyes light up when you smile, even if it's only for a split second before the light goes, but that light is something that makes my day." James took a deep breath before he continued.

"I know that you crave strawberries more than anything when you're on your period but you can't stand strawberries when you're not, apart from that smoothie that Kreacher makes you. I know that you're a massive Quidditch fan, and you always follow the rules, even if it means that your team doesn't win. I know that when you sleep, you always hold on to the closest thing to you, and I have had the pleasure so many times of that person being me. And I know that you're so afraid of letting another person into your life, as you're scared they're going to leave, but I also know, that I love you so fucking much, and I'm not going anywhere."

Cassie didn't wait a moment before bursting into tears. James was sure for a moment before he quickly rushed over to the girl, holding her as her whole body wracked with sobs, each one sending her into another wave of heavy sobs.

"I love you too." She responded through her sobs, crying into James shirt.

James smiled softly, caressing the girls hair as she continued to sob.

"And I'm s-so sorry for keeping this fr-from you for so long."

James furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the girl, however she didn't look back up at him.

Cassie began to talk, telling James all about what happened at Grimmauld Place, starting the summer that Sirius had left.

James held her as she told him, her whole body still wracking with heavy sobs as she spoke to him, each word sounding slightly muffled as she spoke into his chest. But for James each word was loud and clear.

He hated each and every single word that was coming out of her mouth, the pain that they seemed to bring her, the fear that came just from speaking them. The way her body not only shook because of sobs, but because of the fear.

He was disgusted in Cassies parent, that someone could treat their own child like that as if they were a piece of unwanted vermin that scattered around the floor of their basement, not their own flesh and blood. He was outraged that they had been getting away with this for so long.

Anger ran through his veins, making his arms feel as if they were throbbing as he pulled Cassie closer to him. Each second that passed only made him more angry at her parents, how they had made her feel like this, emotionally and physically for a year and a half.

How they made her feel worthless.

But what he also felt, was sympathy towards Cassie. He was so sorry that she had to go through that alone for so long. Having no-one to talk to apart from Regulus, but she didn't seem to want to tell him in order to protect him more.

He felt sympathy that she had bottled all this anger, fear and pain up inside her for so long that she couldn't even believe that anyone loved her enough not to leave her.

But, James hoped, that was all going to change now as he was never going to leave her.

Never.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HEY, SAD CHAPTERS
FOR THE WIN AM I RIGHT?

I LIKE THIS CHAPTER
EVEN THOUGH IT'S SAD

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!
JASSIE THO >>

AS USUAL, PLEASE
TELL ME WHAT YOU
THOUGHT AND WHAT YOU
WOULD LIKE TO SEE (:

UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx