Chapter 105

Belle hid up in the master bedroom with Buckbeak that evening. She found comfort in the beautiful hippogryff and the feeling was certainly mutual. She leaned against the wall with her legs crossed beneath her and let out a deep breath. Sometimes her mind wandered off to the depth of the unknown and as much as she knew it was dangerous to get so fast lost within her mind she was addicted to keep digging deeper.

There was no doubt that sometimes she wished she could return back to life before she went to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar children- it was there that things began to fall apart. There were some brilliant parts such as finally having a father, a grandfather and a cousin and having Fred in her life but the bad seemed to outweigh the good.

Just leave.

"I can't, I don't want to leave. Me leaving somewhere made things go wrong. If I hadn't have met Enoch then maybe they wouldn't have died, maybe people wouldn't have been hurt. Maybe I'm the reason the bad happens. I was born before Harry and I'm to do with him so maybe I'm a curse?"

You're not a curse Belle.

"Fred would do better without me that's a no-brainer so of course I'm a curse. I've hurt him. I've physically hurt him. I have become something evil and unworthy of him."

You made mistakes. Plenty of people make mistakes, you unfortunately have just made a few more. Don't regret the things you've done. Learn from them.

"Hitting someone is not a mistake. It's a choice. A bad one and I despise the fact I've done that. I'm a horrible person."

He wouldn't stay with you if he believed that. Fred may be an idiot but he knows when to leave things. Keep your head up.

"Do you have a name?"

Whatever you want me to be called.

"Uh... Tracy?"

Then Tracy it is.

"Is Enoch with you?"

Enoch's voice is a figure of your imagination. My voice isn't but his is. It's a comfort mechanism. You want to hear his voice because you want to know he is alive. Belle, you need to let him go. It's damaging you. If he is dead, then it won't be your fault, if he is alive, then so be it. Don't worry about it. Focus on yourself and getting better.

"Getting better at what?"

Everything

"Who are you talking to?" Belle's head shot up and Buckbeak sighed seeing Fred in the doorway. He had a smirk on his lips and both his arms and legs were crossed. Stepping forward, he sat down in front of Belle and rubbed her knees. "Was it Enoch?"

"No, what are you doing here? I thought you and George were going to do more work on your shop?" She asked, her hands balling up the cuff of her sleeves in her hand.

Fred took his hands from her knees and unbunched her fists, slid her sleeves done and locked his (considerably longer and more rough) fingers with hers. "We was going to but Mum won't let us leave. Besides, that can wait until tomorrow, you are more important right now."

"The shop is your future, that's more important."

Fred blinked repeatedly. He licked his lips and furrowed his unruly brows. "What do you mean? You're also my future, you muppet. Something is wrong. What's wrong? Is there something wrong? Bella? You'd tell me if something is wrong, right?"

"I'm okay."

"Bull. Talk to me."

"You really want me in your life? In your future?"

"Of course I do. I'm totally mad for you believe it or not. We've had our issues but I love you regardless. We're young, I get that, but I don't date to break up. I date with the intent to marry- no I'm not proposing right now. Your dad and Harley would murder me, I quite like living so I'm going to wait. I will wait until the time is right. I'm not going to rush into marriage, we are not two teen lovers in some romance ponce. We are humans. Why marry at all? Why do we have to have some fancy-dancy show in order for our love to be official. Isn't it official already? My parents aren't traditional and won't have our heads if we don't get married, I have six other siblings for that. She forgets me and Georgie half the time anyway, so let's just live our lives together. Because that's what I want. I want a joke shop with Georgie, I want to inspire more people to pull pranks and gags and I want you. Wolf of not. Voices or not. I want you."

Belle leaned forward engulfing him into a hug. Fred stumbled a bit and fell backwards so Belle was laying on top of him. A tear slipped from his eye as he twiddled some of her hair in his hands.

"You glowed blue earlier."

"Did I?"

"You didn't know?"

"No."

Fred remained silent. There was no need to speak more. His emotions had been thrown into a whirlwind that day and just having her alive and well was good enough for him. He needn't care at that very moment about what happened. Only that they were both there.

"Freddie?"

"Belle."

"I think I've done alright in my exams."

"That's brilliant, Bella, absolutely bloody brilliant."