Chapter 43

Fred spotted Belle with a pair of shoes on her feet as she ran after a student that he couldn't see from his position in the courtyard. He was sat on a bench waiting for his brother who had to stay back after class. He watched as students passed him during their free period and he also watched as they messed about.

Belle returned into his view this time being chased herself by one of the boys that she knew from the children's home. What his name was, Fred didn't know but he knew that they were friends. The boy ran after the girl as she held onto a tie that clearly belonging to him. "Belle come on! You're worse than Wyn at this precise moment!"

"You Have my wand so I took your tie!" Belle replied. "How'd you like that Victor?" The boy sped up his pace but Belle also did the same, she spotted Fred and headed straight towards him. "Fred help!" She giggles and ran behind him, her hands on his shoulders the tie as well.

Fred stood up and puffed his chest, "I'll save thy valiant Princess." He blocked her from Victor. The boy tried to run past Fred but the redhead stood in his way every time.

Eventually Victor gave in and sighed, "fair do's Belle, have your wand." He threw it at her and it sparked I. The air not liking being thrown and she caught it. "Can I have my tie now?"

Belle giggled and shook her head, "Nope." She leaped onto Fred's back and he wrapped his arms around her legs. "Run!"

Fred barked jokingly and broke off into a spring Victor behind them. He pulled his wand from his trousers and pointed it a Belle. "Accio tie." He stated and the black neck tie flew from her hands and into his. "See ya later, Blue." Victor waved and started to re-tie his tie and head back into the castle.

Fred stopped running and just walked around, leaving the courtyard going down towards the black lake, Belle still on his back. "You know I feel like I can see everything from up here." She said and began to play with the draw strings on his robes.

Fred turned his head slightly to face hers more, "what? Oh my height! That's just rude."

"No, it's a good thing. It also answers my theory about it being warmer higher up as you are closer to the sun. It isn't." She tightened her arms around his shoulders. "How've you been Fred? Where are George and Lee?"

"I've been alright. I found out a girl likes me. I heard her talking the other night with some boy in a classroom when George and I were heading to the kitchens after detention. I don't know who it was, the voice sounds familiar and the boy was Scottish, that I could tell easily. And George and Lee were held back by Sprout. I wasn't, for once."

Belle shifted uncomfortably realising that he was talking about her and Enoch's conversation that night. She chose not to comment on it instead she said, "well that is a surprise. Why aren't you misbehaving mister?"

"I don't know. I didn't feel like it today." He shrugged. Do you want to sit by a tree?"

"Sure." Fred led them over to the same tree that Belle carved her name in earlier on that year and he placed her on her feet before sinking to the floor. "So why aren't you feeling it today?"

Fred shrugged again, "just a few reasons."

Belle shuffled closer to him and poked his cheek, "Care to share? I'm a good listener."

"Don't worry about it, you don't need to." Fred chuckled, "I see you've got some shoes back."

"Yes I have-don't change the subject. Now come on, even if it is manly problems I don't care." She flexed and growled lowly causing Fred to snort and shake his head. "You know you want to."

Fred wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and pulled her into him. "No, it's okay. I'm just not feeling a detention tonight. I just want to relax. Now, enough about me. How are you doing?"

"I've been alright. Nothing unusual other than the fact all of my clothes and shoes have been returned mysteriously. Which reminds me I will have to grave your socks and bring them to you later."

"Bella, it's okay. Keep them, it's not the best thing to share but, they looked... good on you." Fred blushed as he finished his sentence reverting his gaze to the tree. "...this is your name! Did you carve this?"

Belle nodded, "I was bored and copied what these people did. Leo, Prongs, Padfoot, Wormtail, Moony...no idea who they are but they look like old carvings, past students probably."

"Maybe from my mum and dads year. Or yours." Fred stated. "Can I carve one next to yours?"

"It's not my tree, do as you please." Belle replied and transfigured a a leaf into a peen knife. "Here." Fred gladly took the knife and contemplated. C'mon Mr Mischeif, get carving you're normally have rapier* wit."

"Rapier..." Fred concluded. He carved the six letter word then his initials beside it, next to Belle carving. A few minutes later homework was done and he transfigured the knife back into a leaf.

"That's nice. And uh, thanks earlier about what you said about the socks and how they look um, nice on me." Belle scratched her neck and stared out at the lake.

Fred turned to face her, " I actually said good, but in reality I meant great." He smirked as she turned her head to face him and stared up into his light brown eyes.

Fred moved his arm from around her shoulder and let his hand sit on her jaw and top of her neck. His thumb swiftly caressed her jaw and his eyes flicked from her blue ones to her lips and back up again. He leaned closer not taking his gaze from her eyes, his heart began to race and so did hers. She didn't know what to do, she had read many romance novels and watched movies at home but never did she think of what she would do in this situation. Instead, she stayed frozen, Fred's eyes fluttered shut his face looming closer and like there was magnetic pull on her eye lids, Belle's eyes also shut.

She could feel his breath fan her lips and they were about to touch when the sound of George and Lee laughing and talking coming closer. Instantly they jumped apart blushing and looking out to the lake not speaking or looking at each other. "Hey guys!" Exclaimed Lee.

Awkwardly Belle stood up, "I-uh have to go. I'll see you later." She hurried off away from the boys and touched her lips, they were so close to kissing. Was it bad she wanted it so much?