Chapter 7

The Weasley twins and Lee all spotted Belle heading back up to the castle and raced to catch up to her. Despite being moderately small, compared to the boys anyway, she was a fast walker and it took them a while to catch up to her. They were halfway through the school halls when they finally reached her side and made her jump. She shrieked and turn to face the grinning three and glared at them. "What the bloody hell was that for?" She exclaimed. 

"Fun." Lee shrugged, winking at her. 

"Wasn't for me, you almost gave me a heart attack." She breathed out. 

"Almost, cheer up Belle, besides we have a prank to plan." Fred smirked, grabbing her arm and the three boys lead her through the halls in the direction of the Gryffindor tower. They almost reached the portrait of the fat lady when, they were stopped by McGonagall.

"Mr Weasley, if you are dragging Miss Florence against her will, I suggest you let go of her arm." She said sternly. It must have looked that way, as she was lagging behind the boy slightly, as he raced up the stairs. Fast walker or not, stairs were not her strong point, she loses her breath easily when climbing them.

"Oh I am not dragging her against her will anywhere Professor, she has chosen to come with us, isn't that right Belle?" Fred replied, glancing at the girl. Belle nodded, and McGonagall pursed her lips, before stalking away. She was rather puzzled at one of the quietest, and introverted students going anywhere with Fred and George Weasley, along with Lee Jordan, by choice, but thought best to leave it. 

They reached the portrait and the well dressed woman smiled at her. "Well hello dear, I don't think we've met."

"This is Belle Florence. Belle meet the fat lady." George said. 

"Fat Lady?" Belle asked confused, "That sounds like a rude name, no offence, do you have an actual name?" 

The portrait smiled widely, and replied, "Elizabeth." 

"Well it's nice to meet you Elizabeth." Belle nodded, before Fred dropped her arm and covered her ears. 

"Puddlemore." He said and the portrait swung open, as he released her ears. 

"Goodbye Elizabeth." Belle said as Fred pulled her through the hole.

"Goodbye, my dear." Elizabeth replied as she shut behind them. 

Belle's eyes widened at the sight of Gryffindor common room, it was cosy and warm, covered in red and gold, and had at least 75% less books than her common room. "Merlin's beard." She muttered. 

"Nice init?" Lee flopped on the sofa. "The twins said yours wasn't bad, but nowhere near as nice as this one." 

"I like mine, but yours is a close second." She replied, as Fred sat her down beside him on the love-seat. 

"What's better about Ravenclaws, than Gryffindors?" George raised an eyebrow. 

"More books." Belle shrugged causing Fred to snort beside her. 

"You love your books." He shook his head. "Now we better get started before everyone comes back." 

Lee scribbled down on parchment what the twins were saying about pranking Filch, and Belle listened carefully, also taking notes in her journal. Fred glanced every so often at her notes and mentioned if she missed something, to which she added in. "Anything you think we should add, Florence?" George asked her, causing her to look up. She shook her head. 

"C'mon, there must be something in you little head of yours that we can add." Fred poked her temple. 

"No. I don't really know how to prank." The three boys nodded and kicked back in their seats,hiding the parchment as other students filed into the common room. Three of which were the twins' younger siblings, Ron and Ginny and their friends Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. 

The four eyed the older boys and girl weirdly before Hermione walked over to them. "I don't think we have met, I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?" The bushy haired, third year said, sticking out her hand. 

"Belle Florence." The girl replied, timidly shaking her hand. 

"Pleasure to meet you." Hermione grinned sitting in the other sofa with her friends.

"What are you doing in here?" Ron asked, biting into a licorice wand. 

"Uhm."

"She's with us, ain't that right boys."George answered. 

"Yeah." The two boys nodded. 

"She doesn't know the password does she?" An older redheaded boy interrupted, sending her a dirty look. 

"No she doesn't so piss of Percy." Fred snapped, at his older brother who turned his nose up and ascended up the stairs to his dorm. "Sorry 'bout him, he's one of our older brothers, right git he is." 

Belle nodded, her ears tinting red along with her face, "I should go." She said, as other students stared at her from across the room. She stood up rubbing her arms and made her way to the portrait hole. 

"Belle, wait!" Fred called jumping up, "Why are you going?"

"This is your common room not mine." She replied, she was used to the dirty looks and knew when she wasn't wanted. 

"So? You're with us, it's not against the law." Fred said, confusedly. 

"Fred, just leave it. I'll see you at 10." She shook her head and exited the portrait hole. She bid Elizabeth a goodbye and made her way to her common room. 

Fred sat where he originally sat, and noticed the room suddenly got louder once the blue-haired girl had left. "Why'd she go?" Harry asked. 

"Just said, it was our common room not hers. And she'll see us three at 10." Fred retold.

Ginny looked between the twins and Lee, "You've roped her into a prank?"

The boys nodded and she shook her head. "Why?"

"She seems cool." 

"But not the type to indulge in pranks." Harry added. 

"We're breaking that." George grinned. 

Belle entered her dorm and sat on her bed, her legs crossed and her journal open in her lap, and her quill scribbling on an empty page. 

Dear Journal, 

Hogsmeade was different today. I spent sometime with Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan, they took me into Zonko's joke shop, and it was so cool! There were so many products! Many were really fun to look at, although I didn't take much liking to the 'Nose-biting Tea Cups'. One clasped onto my nose, and Fred had to get it off, it was so embarrassing. 

I also had a couple of butterbeers in the Hogshead and had a catch up with Aberforth, such a lovely man, he is. Professor Lupin too was in there and we spoke a little before I made my way back to the school. 

Fred, George and Lee joined me back at school, and I actually went into the Gryffindor Common room! It is so different to ours it's more cosy and warm, to be honest. Plus there is less books- that bit is bad, but hey ho! I also met, Ginny and Ron Weasley along with Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. They seem nice, Ron's not the most pleasant but oh well.

I didn't spend too long there though, other Gryffindor students were giving me dirty looks and I felt uncomfortable, plus Percy Weasley wasn't the most welcoming, but the twins told me he is a git anyway. 

Their common room is guarded by a portrait of who they call 'the Fat Lady', I find it rather rude, so I asked her,her name. It's Elizabeth, she seems nice, and I even heard her singing whilst the boys were planning their pranks. 

Oh yes! I almost forgot, I am joining them to do my first prank tonight at 10pm, I am sort of scared but at the same time, I can't wait. I do hope, mother doesn't find out about it though, I don't want her to be even more disappointed in me, but if she is, it won't matter too much I hope. 

I better go, dinner will be starting soon. 

Goodbye.

~Belle Florence.