Chapter 71

"BETS! PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!" Cried George shaking a tray he had attached to a strap around his neck. He and Fred worked their way through crowds in the stadium that had replaced the quidditch pitch for the first task.

Dragons.

The champions were to get passed a dragon to get to their golden egg.

Simple?

Not really.

Dangerous?

HECK YEAH!

Belle waited for the twins to ask her to place a bet. They dodged her like the plague. She stood beside Luna, Hufflepuff colours on one cheek, Gryffindor colours on the other. Luna had also made them both a hat with an animal crossed between a badger and a lion, showing that they were supporting both Cedric and Harry equally.

Cho Chang was stood to her left. She and the girl had spoken that morning about a certain, Hufflepuff and Cho asked to join her and Luna to watch the task.

"So, are you sure Cedric likes me?!" Cho Asked Belle whilst the crowd were loud.

"Positive. That's literally why he started to talk to me! So he could get to you! I don't mind, I sit with him in Herbology now and he's a great guy!" Belle returned her voice raised because of the noisy students.

Cho awed, "that's adorable! I...I...I like him too! I hope he's okay in this task!"

"He'll be brilliant! Just you wait! Some mysterious cup wouldn't choose out some sucker for this tournament! It's like the long lost cousin of the sorting hat!" Belle and Cho laughed just as a canon sounded and put Cedric came. This was it.

* * *

Belle joined Cho who went to go see Cedric. The girl was too nervous to go alone and begged the blue-haired girl to go with her. She gripped Belle's hand like it was the scariest thing in the world but Belle didn't mind the excruciating pain of her finger spreading together tightly and Cho's nails digging into her skin at all. But if this meant that Cedric would finally stop worrying about whether the girl likes him or not, Belle would let her hand suffer.

"Cedric!" Belle called out to the boy who was just exiting the champions tent. She could feel some eyes on the back of her head, she turned to see Fred glaring at her. He turned her away as soon as she caught his eye and she found herself tearing up, what had she done?!

The Hufflepuff spun on his heels smiling at the two Ravenclaws girls, blushing when he and Cho made eye contact. "Hello, ladies. How did I do?"

"Great!" Belle told him.

Cho nodded her head shyly, "Yeah, you were brilliant."

"Thanks." He sent a smile to her, "what can I do for you both?"

Belle pointed over her shoulder, "I actually have to go? This erm...face paint is starting to itch....I'll er, talk later maybe!" She edged away with every word until she turned and farted away leaving both Cho and Cedric to shyly and sweetly talk to one another.

Belle ran part way back to the school but found herself deeply out of breath. She stopped, placing a hand on her hips, when she spotted a guy with dark hair peering out from behind a tree. He quickly shuffled behind it, away from her view.

The girl didn't know who it was. Or why they were hiding but she was intrigued. Her feet led the way, not giving her brain any time to process what she was doing until she was halfway towards the specific tree.

Belle and recognised the cardigan that she had caught a snippet of but couldn't put her finger on who it was. She racked her brain for anything of it but stopped when she reached the tree.

Nobody was there.

Yet, a distinct smell of blood and pickled items was still fresh.

Blood...

Pickled water...

The cardigan...

ENOCH!

What was he doing here?

Why was he here?

Where did he go?

How did he leave so quickly?

A hand clasped onto her shoulder and she let out a screech stumbling back. "Luna! You scared me!"

"Sorry, Belle..." The girl replied eerily, "what are you doing straying from the path?"

"I thought I saw...Hey, can you smell blood and pickled organs?" Belle quizzed her, placing a hand on the tree that she was stood beside.

Luna shook her head, "no...but I do see many wrackspurts! They're leading back to the castle! Come on, we can follow them..." she tugged on the girls hand and dragged her away from the tree.

Was it all her imagination?

Was she imaging Enoch, because he was there when she felt most lonely?

Was it just because she missed him so much?

Questions passed through he mind like a quidditch player during a match, quickly and unstoppable. She chose to push them to the back of her mind. Just like Fred.

Whatever was going on.

She couldn't control.

She just had to let it happen.