Chapter 32

Sitting in the Great Hall, Belle received multiple weird looks and her name was being hushed between many students, but not as much as the curious whispers about the disappearance of the astronomy teacher, Professor Sinistra. Belle happily sat next to a jubilant Luna who handed her a nargal repelling necklace she had made out of feathers from a hippogriff. The blue haired girl glanced over at the twins and Lee who grinned at her, so thankful to have back. It didn't take long for the room to settle down once Dumbledore stood up. 

"Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderfully festive Christmas ready for a wonderful rest of year learning and having fun. Now, I know that most of you are wondering where our beloved astronomy teacher is. Professor Sinistra will not be returning for the rest of the year due to sickness. I, however, have found the perfect stand-in for her and I know that she will teach you as well as Professor Sinistra did." Students looked at each other in bewilderment as did the teachers who also did not know about any of this-except for McGonagall. "Now I hope all the best for Professor Sinistra and hope that she will return to health as soon as possible, but please join me in greeting our new teacher, Professor M.Parker." 

The door to the second chamber opened and in walked a tall pale brunette with deep brown eyes. She smiled at the students and greeted Dumbledore before joining a flabbergasted Lupin at the teacher's table, sitting in the seat between him and Snape, who glared intently at the table clapping slowly. Madison Parker greeted Lupin with a big smile however Remus did not return such gesture instead stared at her with sad eyes and a slightly parted mouth. "Y-you're here?"

Madison nodded her smile fading, "I'm sorry, I couldn't stay not with everything. I was selfish, I should have stayed with you." 

"Shut up, you aren't selfish. In fact, I am glad you have left. You seem to have kept strong and look great, I wouldn't have wanted you to stay just because of me." 

"Moony, you're basically my brother, I wouldn't have cared what you would have said, I would have stayed but I was only thinking of myself, and I apologise for that. I hope you can forgive me." Madison replied.

"I never thought that you were thinking of yourself, you don't need to be sorry, I'm just thankful that you are back. Besides, Maddie, you didn't give a toss about what I said when you became and animagi for me." Remus whispered as the woman was still unregistered. "I've missed you, Leo."

"I've missed you too." Madison smiled and gazed over the crowd of students as she poured gravy over some potatoes and chicken. Her eyes landed on a shaggy-haired boy with round glasses sat where his father used to sit at the table. "Is that Harry? He looks just like. . .P-Prongs."

"Yes, that is your godson." 

* * * 

After the feast, the new astronomy teacher joined Remus in his quarters to catch up more. Madison left years ago and hadn't been around until today so they had a lot to talk about, indulging in some firewhiskey as they did so. "So where have you been?"

"All over really, I stayed in Ireland for two years, then went over to the Neverlands for a few years and then I returned to England, I have been at my parents for about three years, in all honesty, I am surprised I haven't bumped into you," Madison explained. 

"As am I, but I have moved around a lot too but I do mainly live at my parents, to make sure dad is coping."

Madison's face softened, "How is he, in fact, how are you both? Now I feel even worse, I left you not long after you mum-"

"Maddie, it's fine. We're fine, coping, we miss her a lot and it isn't the same but we have learned to carry on. It's a cruel world, we both know that but whilst we are still on it we have to carry on." The woman nodded and embraced her friend in a hug, "I miss them all every day and being back here is awful without everyone. It makes me feel so small even though I am an adult."

"I know, but we'll get through it. We have for thirteen years, just no more surprises, yeah?"

"Ma-"

"Dad, can I talk to y-sorry am I interrupting?" Belle walked into the room stopping by the door.

Madison's eyes grew wider, "Dad?" 

"No, sweetheart come in." Remus quickly said, motioning for the girl to enter, "Maddie, this is Belle. . .my daughter."

The woman turned to the blue-haired girl and then back to Remus, "W-when did you? What?"

Remus guided Madison towards a seat and beckoned Belle to join him as he sat with her. "Dad, how do you know Professor Parker?"

"Belle, Madison here is one of my best friends from school, she lived next door to me as a child and is like a sister to me. She also knew your mother." Remus explained, "Maddie, you remember I had that relationship back in our seventh year? With Beatrice Florence, well two months before we broke up, we uh, you know and um she fell pregnant. I didn't know this until around about October."

"Beatrice?" Madison coughed in shock, "Who lived down the road?" Remus nodded, "Blimey, and we thought Lily and James were parents first."

"So you guys are like, best friends?"Belle questioned. 

"More like siblings." Madison nodded, "And you're Beatrice's daughter? How is she?"

"A bitch." 

Madison's eyes widened, "Bloody hell, what do you mean?" Belle explained to her about her situation with her mother and Madison nodded. "Been as you have said that, I am sorry but I can't fake it, I always thought she was a bitch."

"It's okay. I like it at Miss Peregrine's anyway." Belle shrugged. 

Remus watched with a smile curling his lips as his best friend and daughter interacted, he always had the idea that they would get on. "It's just so weird for me, sorry, it's making me feel old. First Harry and Neville, and now you, Belle, with the gorgeous blue hair, five of my best friends have had kids and here I am, on my lonesome." Madison chuckled. 

"Five?" Asked Belle, ". . .Sorry that was rude."

The woman shook her head, "No, no it wasn't. You have your dad, who has you, Lily and James who had Harry and then Alice and Frank who had Neville Longbottom. It's just crazy."

"I think I would feel the same way, to be honest. Can I ask another question? "Parker nodded, "How come you lived next door to my dad if you are Irish?"

"My family and another friend and his family moved to Devon when I was young from Galway."

"That's cool."

"I think so too."

A/N- First update since I came back off of holiday (which was today). If y'all don't know who Madison Parker is, then check out Afraid (Sirius Black) I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you in the next update x

 If y'all don't know who Madison Parker is, then check out Afraid (Sirius Black) I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you in the next update x