Chapter 50

It had been a few weeks since their kiss and Fred could not stop grinning every time he saw Belle and vice versa. Nobody knew of the kiss, well all except Lee and George. The pair were glowing and Belle constantly blushed when she saw the redheaded boy so much that even her father grew suspicious.

Remus stared down his daughter and Fred every time he saw them, he wanted to know what was going on and he wanted to know now. Madison kept telling him that they probably had an inside joke when really she knew what she had walked in on that night in the astronomy tower, she could read the Lupin's like a book, it was the same look Remus has when he first looked at Belle's mother all those years ago.

However, both Belle and Fred didn't know what they were. They had kissed, not just once since the first, in fact, any time they could snag one they would. Belle had wondered what they were but she was happy at the moment and no one was going to change that, no matter how hard Enoch tried. That was also something she had to resolve.

She passed by many students until she came across Enoch and Victor who were sitting in an empty classroom, the latter lifting up as many tables as he could in each arm, and the former tinkering with his homunculi. Storming into the room she sat on the chair in front of the desk Enoch was working on and she stole the scalpel from his hand. "Oi!" Enoch exclaimed, drawing Victor's attention as he placed the tables down where they sat. "Give it back!"

"Not until you tell me why you fought Fred and told him to stay away, but also made up lies that you and I got down!" She growled keeping the tool out of his reach.

Enoch sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I don't have the time for this, Belle." He said in a bored tone. "He's just not good enough for you."

Belle scoffed, "You don't get to decide that, but go on, tell me. Tell me who you think is good enough for me? You, perhaps?"

Enoch groaned, "I don't want a relationship with you Belle, I am over that. Siblings remember. But that ginger prat will ruin you, break your heart and you'll be like Emma was around Abe. I don't want to deal with that again, I thought you were different to most girls."

The girl stayed quiet for a moment and laced he scalpel in Enoch's palm, "What do you mean, he'll ruin me?"

Victor took a seat beside her, "I think what he is trying to say is, Fred seems like the type of guy to steal and go, if you get what I mean, fuck and leave. Enoch's just trying to look out for you."

Belle shook her head, "He isn't like that. I know he isn't. But, thank you for your concern, just don't make up lies like you did, it isn't worth it. I just want peace, not war." For some reason, she found herself in Enoch's arms hugging him, the usual grey cardigan that smelt strangely of blood but was a familiar smell that made her feel at home, back int he basement with Enoch and Victor chatting aimlessly as the homunculi fought under Enoch's command.

Home.

A home away from Hogwarts.

"I'm going to go now," Said Belle as she pulled away from Enoch, "I have some things to talk about with Fred, I know you don't like him but can you at least be civil? Apologise maybe? Okay so maybe that's a stretch, but please just be civil."

Enoch patted her on the shoulder, "Civil." He stated before sitting back in his seat.

The girl nodded, and hugged Victor goodbye, exiting the room. On her way to find the twin she was looking for she bumped into Remus. "We need to talk." He said. Belle nodded and followed him to the classroom he taught in, "Have a seat."

Belle took one and waited as her father sat at his desk, his head in his hands. "Is everything okay?" She asked leaning her elbows on the desk. Remus nodded and rubbed his temples.

"I want you to meet my father, in the holidays." He said, "I think that will be the first step."

"Okay, that's brilliant, I would love too."

"As does he you." Remus smiled.

"But what do you mean by 'the first step'?" She questioned, flicking her hair out of her face. She stood up and walked around to her dad's desk sitting on it and wrapping her arms around him when he didn#t reply. "Dad?"

"I want to have you live with me and not in the children's home, I want us to be a proper family, one that you deserve. There is a slight issue however, my house isn't big enough for us both, not really big enough for me on my own, plus it is a pig-sty. With you know what, it's just not...suitable."

"Dad, if it's too much, I will wait. I don't want to cause any difficulties, it would be great but clearly, it's not possible which is perfectly fine." She replied keeping her arms around him, her head on his shoulder. "I will wait however long it takes, just don't put yourself through anything that could cause you trouble just for me."

Remus held onto his daughter, she was so much like her grandmother and grandfather combined it was uncanny. What she said was his mother's words, how she acted was his father's actions. He couldn't see much of her mother in her at all, in fact, there was none of her at all. Remus wished he had been there for her from the beginning, he may not be the best father, he wouldn't and still can't spoil her like he so wants to do, but he wants to be there for her. "I promise you it won't. You're too wise you are, sweetheart, so much like my parents. My dad, he can't stop badgering me about meeting you, he has always wanted grandchildren and that's what I meant by the first step."

"I still don't follow, I'm sorry." She mumbled, into his shoulder, awkwardly.

Remus chuckled, "Don't apologise, it's not your fault. What I mean is, he has offered for us to live with him, once he has met you. He wants us to be close to him, he wants to get t know you better and he doesn't like me living the way I am."

Belle pulled away from her father, "You aren't lying are you?" She asked, her eyes glossing over. He shook his head. A tear fell from her eyes and Remus wiped it away, he was confused as to why she was crying.

"Why are you crying?"

She sobbed harder and embraced her father once again, "I just- I have never thought this would ever happen. I can't believe it, I am actually going to be living with family who doesn't hate me. I have a grandfather and a dad. It's just a lot to take in but I am so happy, dad, so happy." She looked up at her father, smiling through her tears. He smiled down at her, kissing her forehead.

"I can't wait for us to be a proper family, because...I love you, Belle, you're my daughter and I love you so much."

"I love you too, dad."