Chapter 12

In the grounds by the Black Lake, Belle sat cross legged on a bench, Luna beside her. Luna was reading the Quibbler once again whilst for some odd reason, the blue haired girl was picking daisies that she had cast a spell for them to sprout on a patch of grass in front of her. She began to make a daisy chain, looping each daisy through each other.
"That's lovely." Luna glanced at her creation.
Belle smiled, "thank you," she carefully tied the ends together making a band before placing it on the blonde haired girls head. "There."
"Thank you, I shall wear it for the rest of the day."
Belle shook her head,"please, don't fell as if you have to."
"I want to."

Belle nodded and began to make a second one for herself; not taking too long. The pair had joined each other a lot over the course of the past week, they didn't even have to talk, it was just nice and different for them to be sat with others. Their conversations, however, varied widely as they spoke of different things from creatures in the Quibbler, to Harry Potter and even the Weather. It was just nice having each other around, compared to being around the Weasley twins and Lee- they had thankfully left her alone.

* * *

Professor Lupin had missed her Wednesday lessons due to sickness, and after three days he returned. He looked dishevelled and very tired. She had offered him a sad smile in greeting and waved him off when he apologised for missing his after school help he gave her. "It's fine, honest." She said, "honesty is the best policy."

Lupin nodded, "I promise next Wednesday will not be rearranged."

"Honestly, Professor it's perfectly okay. Besides you couldn't help being ill, everyone gets ill."

But not the ill I get, he thought but nodded anyway. "Very well, I shall see you next lesson, Miss Florence."

"And you, Professor Lupin." She smiled before adding, "As I have heard my mother say, sometimes being sick is the body telling oneself that it needs a break after doing amazingly for so long."

The door clicked shut leaving Remus alone. He had heard that saying before, and the look in her eye seemed so familiar.

Maybe it's just a popular muggle saying my mother once told me.

He ran his hand through his greying hair that had thinned over the years. He has thought it and he will think it again, Belle Florence was all too familiar, where from? He did not know.

Having hours to do as he pleases, having been fully caught up and finished with his marking, the man decided to take another trip to see Aberforth Dumbledore, joining him for an evening firewhiskey in the Hogshead.

"Ah! Remus! What can I get you this evening-wait! A firewhiskey will do you good, you look like hell." The older man greeted taking a small glass from the shelf.

"Please, Ab" Remus nodded. The man handed him the glass, taking one for himself and joined him round the other side sitting on a stool.

"What brings you here tonight?"

"I came as I wanted to ask a few questions."

"Go ahead." Aberforth took a swig of his drink.

"Belle Florence, what do you know about her home life?" Remus glanced at the older wizard who furrowed his brows.

"As I told you previously, her mother is a muggle and it is only them at home. Nobody has a trace of the father, other than her mother of course, but according to Fillius he hasn't been on the scene since before Belle was born. They got this out of the girl during her first term at Hogwarts, having no background of the girl other than that she was a witch." Aberforth explained, "From how the girl acts, it's hardly likely her and her mother are close, she can look after herself at that, and looks like she's done it for years. No doubt, the magic she possesses scares the woman, poor Belle, she needs someone there for her, of her mother isn't going to, who will?"

"Right. Do you know her mothers name?"

"I think it's Bernice or Bernadette, something like that anyway, she never mentions her mother, only once but that was back two years ago when she first visited here. Why'd you ask?"

"Just out of curiosity."

"Yes, Belle is a very mysterious girl."

Remus took the last swig of his drink, the burning liquid cascading down his throat. That certainly livened him up a bit. "Invest be heading back, goodnight. Aberforth." He placed the money on the counter bidding the landlord fair well before trudging back to the castle. 

His wand lit up the dark hallways disturbing the portraits as he walked, muttering apologies and speeding up his pace. He eventually slowed down once he turned a corner another light glowing at the end of the hall. "Who's there?" He asked closing in on the light. The pale face and bright eyes and hair greeted him once more, upset and sorrowful. "Miss Florence."

He didn't have to say anything but her name before she nodded and following him to his classroom. "Why are you out of bed again?"

"I'm sorry. I-I needed to get out of the tower." She replied.

"And why is that?"

"Well. . ."

Belle sat in the common room, homework in her lap and her quill in her hand. She was working on her astronomy work when a few girls in her year along with two boys- Vincent and Paul, sauntered over to her.
"How'd you get your hair like that?" Guinevere Morris, a blonde chubby cheeked girl asked, tugging on a strand.

"Yeah, did you mum put a spell on you as a baby?" Vincent chortled, also tugging her hair, his brunette curls bouncing all over the place, and his sausage fingers wrapping around her hair.

"No, my mum is a muggle, it's natural."

"You're a mudblood with blue hair? Do you dye it?" Paul asked- he has blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

Belles eyes grew wide, she knew that name was bad. To think somebody in Ravenclaw would say that was preposterous and unheard of. "That's animal cruelty!" Naomi Grant a brunette with big pointy ears, (fake) gasped.

"Ah yes I can see the pig nose!" The last girl, Wendy York, a brunette with a large birthmark in her temple that is the shape of a rolling pin.

Paul cackled, "and the dumbo ears!"

Belle reached up placing her hands over her nose and one of her ears, her face growing red with embarrassment. "Careful of your face mixed with your hair you'll turn purple!" Guinevere pointed. Quickly Belle flicked her wand and her astronomy work, ink and quill disappeared going up to her dormitory and she ran out f the common room leaving the five Ravenclaws rolling around in laughter. She ran just ran around the halls, after hours.

"Belle, even if others are being rude that really isn't an excuse to be out after hours. As this is the second time I have caught you, I will have to issue you a detention, but that is only because I cannot favouritise students in anyway. Although, it does seem very hypocritical of me as I for one did find myself out of bed after hours." Remus said.

"I'm sorry again Professor, I promise it won't happen again, honest." She exclaimed, "I will come to the detention, I don't mind what the detention is, I deserve it. I will make sure I won't do it again, the punishment I will place on myself will make sure I don't, Professor."

"Could I ask you a few questions Miss Florence? Ones that you will have to be truthful about."

"Yes."

"Then please, have a seat."