Chapter 29

"Are you excited for Christmas?" Claire squealed jumping up and down in front of Belle who sat on an armchair, writing a letter to her friends at school. The young girl's curls bounced perkily on her head and her teeth showed brightly in a large smile. 

Belle smiled, "Yes, it's a marvellous time of the year, although, I do prefer autumn." 

Claire pulled the parchment and quill from her hands and dumped them onto the coffee table before proceeding to haul herself up onto the older girls' lap so that she was facing her. "Autumn is horrible. The leaves are crunchy and brown, there is too much rain and there is no sunshine or snow!"

Belle shook her head, "No, I don't think so. The leaves are beautiful shades of red and yellow, the crunchiness is a fun to jump in as they make crackly sounds. As for the weather, it's just right, not too hot or sunny, nor too cold or wet. It doesn't always rain, and you can wear leggings and thick jumpers with fur boots, which are very comfortable."

"Well you have your opinions, and I have mine, "Claire sassed, shrugging her shoulders, before leaning closer to the blue-haired girl. "You know what else is beautiful?"

"What?" 

Claire giggled, "You."

"Now that is very sweet of you, missy, but you are the gorgeous one, you with your curls." Belle blushed and poked her in the stomach causing more giggles to bubble for her lips and her to squirm. 

Enoch was sat on the other side of the room, drawing out some blueprints for his next creation and upon hearing the two girls conversation her glanced up to see Claire playing with the loose strands that had fallen from the milk-maids braid Belle had styled her hair in, flowers from the garden looped through it courtesy of Fiona who had picked them earlier that morning. There was no denying what Claire had said about Belle was true, she is beautiful, and the feeling Enoch had in his stomach when she was around him was peculiar to him, and he hated it. "Claire, why don't you go ask Bronwyn to play dollies with you?"He grumbled, hearing enough giggles for one day. 

The girl glared at him, "But I am playing with Belle."

"Claire-"

"No, it's okay Enoch, she's fine." Belle shook her head, "Leave her be." Enoch rolled his eyes, picking up his work and stalking out of the room, flicking a piece of scrunched up parchment in her direction as he did so. "Idiot!" She yelled ta him causing him to mumble profanities under his breath. 

"You wanted her all to yourself then didn't you?" Said a voice in his ear. 

"Piss off Bruntley. No, I didn't, Claire's giggles were getting on my last nerve like you are right now."

Victor slung his arm over his friend's shoulder and guided the boy into his bedroom, locking the door behind him. "It's okay to like someone Enoch, Belle is a good-looking girl, and you are some hunk I call my best mate, plus I think your babies would be so fuckin' hot, you'd basically have dragon children." 

"Right, Victor. Shut the bird up, you absolute bastard. Leave me alone, I do not like kids, and you have a sick, sick, sick mind to think about what our spawn would look like if we were to hook up. Now, stop sticking your big nose into my life and play dollies wsith your sister!"

* * * 

 "Listen, Minnie-"

"Jordan!"

"Sorry, Professor Minnie, why can't you just apparate to Wales get that girl to pack up her stuff and bring her back here. She can go back in the holidays but we don't see why she can't be at Hogwarts. It's not like her mother has any control over her anymore." 

The three Gryffindor boys had a lunchtime detention with their head of house for transfiguring a fifth-year Slytherin boy's head into a balloon. The three were not completing lines as they were supposed to be doing, instead, they were complaining about Belle not being at the school. "I cannot-"

"But why not? Other than Dumbledore, you are like badarse rule maker, anyone will listen to you!" 

"George, I do not appreciate your choice of language and I cannot change what happened with Miss Florence, if you wish to talk to someone who could possibly do something, then I suggest you take it up with Professor Dumbledore."

Fred rolled his eyes, standing up and hitting his fist on the table, "Alright, listen. I don't care what you think you can and can't change. You are a teacher and head of house, granted you aren't her head of house but you still have a duty of care to students. Now, we believe that Belle would benefit from being here at Hogwarts, rather than at a children's home being taught by one single woman who can turn into a bird. Here, there are multiple teachers who specify in their subjects and would be better for her to be taught by. If you will not do something about it, I will not hesitate to leave the school grounds and travel by the floo network from the Three Broomsticks and get her myself. Do you understand me, Professor?" 

"Mr. Weasley I do not think you have the right to speak to me lke that!" McGonagall shrieked at the boy who stared at her waiting for the right answer to fall from her lips. "I do care fro each studnet but it is not my place to decide where Miss Florence is during term time if her mother has removed her from school."

"Wel then, good day Professor." Fred spat, grabbing his bag and heading towards the door. 

"Mr. Weasley-"

"I SAID GOOD DAY!"