Chapter 42

Enoch was granted a spare classroom by Dumbledore each night so that he could make his homunculi and one night Belle joined him like they did back home. Instead most of the time at home they would be in silence, this time they were talking. Encoh took the scalpel from his mouth and began to use the instrument starting a conversation with the girl,"So about his crush."

Belle rolled her eyes, "Yes, I like Fred! See there you go!"

Enoch laughed dryly, "Knew it. When did you come to terms with it?"

"It doesn't matter,"She replied, "Just keep playing with your dolls."

* * *

The twins were returning from an early evening detention with McGonagall when they heard two students talking in a classroom and stopped to listen. "Yes! I like Fred! See there you go!" A girl cried, and the voice seemed so familiar but they couldn't put their fingers on it.

 After a few minutes of hearing the boy and girl talk, the boy spoke something definite, "So if you like Fred Weasley, what makes him different from Gregg or whatever his name is, George, that's it?"

They heard the girl sigh and pause for a moment, "I dunno. I guess it's because they have different personalities. I mean, George and Fred have the same interests but George is I guess the quieter and more I don't know, Fred's the ringleader I guess. Plus they do look different and do things differently. Fred has a lighter shade of eyes with green specks near the pupil, and he is more careless, whereas George's eyes are darker and he is more careful. To be honest I don't know..."

"So what makes you know you like Fred?" The boy asked. 

"I just know."

Fred grinned George chuckling as he worked out who it was talking, unlike his brother who was just proud that someone liked him. "So to clarify you like bad boys with light eyes, and careless manners."

"If you put it that way, yes."

 Fred stood up straighter and swaggered off down the corridor George running behind him. A smirk was evident on his face and George pulled him to a stop. "Why are you acting like this?"He asked his twin. 

Fred's face fell and he pulled George into a secret tunnel they found in first year. "Somebody likes me!" He exclaimed. 

"So? It's not like somebody hasn't liked you before." Said, George. 

Fred patted his brother on the shoulder, "Brother, this girl likes me because I am a bad boy and because I am careless. Do you know what that means?" His twin shook his head, "It means I can get a night out of her."

George's nose turned up in disgust, "Fred that's awful!"

The boy sighed, "I know. It's just you know I am a virgin, and people expect me not to be, heck you and Alicia have got down! George, we're fifteen, sixteen in April!"

"It doesn't matter, virgin or not. Freddie, if you have a girlfriend and they don't like your virginity status that's their lookout. Don't just use a girl, besides I  thought you liked Belle?"

Fred nodded, "I do, there's no way she'd like me though." 

"Don't be so sure."

* * *

Two sweaters of Belle's had been found and another pair of socks, her shoes all still missing. She had given Fred's jumper back and his socks, even though he wanted her to keep them, she refused, she isn't the type of girl to keep a boys clothes. During her fathers class, he wasn't there and she had a hunch that it was due to his 'furry little problem' as she heard Madison dob it as. Snape took their lesson and told them to, "Turn to page 394.", Werewolves. The girl knew he had done it on purpose and she just hoped nobody caught onto it.

"But Professor, we learnt about this in third year, these are school books for third years!" Roger Davies exclaimed as he tore through his book. "Why are we learning about this?"

Snape shot him a glare, "Because, Mr Davies, you have your O.W.Ls this year and you need to remind yourselves of such areas. Now read the page and write a twelve-inch report of what you can learn from it, hand it in on Friday."

Angelina rose her hand but spoke nonetheless, "Sir, where is Professor Lupin?"

"Professor Lupin is unable to make your lessons due to sickness. Now five points from Gryffindor for speaking it out without permission!"

"But sir!"

"10 points!

The lesson was awful, Enoch was in a foul mood because of Jake causing him to be cold towards Belle, whose feet were ice cold, despite her socks. Fred, George and Lee were trying to distract the girl by throwing balls of parchment at her causing her to turn around and glare at them. "Do you mind?"

"Not really." Fred shrugged, "How's your work going?"

Belle rolled her eyes playfully, "Great, you know paper balls always help me concentrate better, that and not understanding the actual work."

Fred furrowed his brows and pushed the table and chair closer to her, "What do you not understand? I'll help."

"I just don't understand what I have to write about." She explained, "Do I just write about everything? Or do I just write about a certain part?"

"You write about all that you have learnt from it Miss Florence, do I have to spell it out for you. It is a simple task, you are supposed to be a Ravenclaw aren't you?" Snape drawled stepping between them. "Now Mr Weasley get on with your work, and Miss Florence turn around. Twenty points from Ravenclaw."

"Professor! You cannot just talk down to a student like that!"George cried.

"Five points from Gryffindor. Get on with your work."

Belle looked down and as Snape strutted back to the front of the class she felt a hand rub her shoulder, "Ignore him." Fred whispered, "There is nothing wrong with your intelligence. You are just right."

Belle smiled and blood rushed to her cheeks as she twiddled with her quill. You are just right.