Chapter 80

Fred watched as Belle was pulled from the water, all students except him, George and Lee were directed back into the boats to go back to the shore so that the teachers could rescue Belle without any other worry. Belle's eyes were shut and her skin looked much paler, even the red line on her cheek from where it got cut was much lighter. Fred pushed through the crowds of teachers until he reached her side. He went to take hold of her hand but was pushed back by Professor Moody. 

"She'll be in the hospital wing soon, go back to shore." Said the gruff teacher, his fake eye wandering. 

Fred shook his head, "I'm not leaving her. I left her and then she got hurt at the World cup, I left her again and she got pushed into the lake. I'm not leaving her again." Fred spat, edging closer to where Madam Pomfrey was wrapping her in blankets using a spell to keep them in place. 

Mad-eye looked at Fred furiously, "Do as I say. Go! She is in safe hands, Hagrid is taking her." He took hold of the scruff of Fred's neck and shoved him towards a boat where George and Lee were sat. He pushed Fred into the boat and untied it sending it wafting through the water. 

"Arsehole," Fred grumbled rubbing his neck.

George placed an arm around his brother, "She'll be fine, she's tough that one."Fred nodded and stared back at Hagrid's boat where he could see the half-giant holding Belle's limp body in his arms. 

Hagrid watched her with care as if she was one of his own animals that he loved and cared for. Fred thought it is because she's a student but what he didn't realise is that it is because of who her father is. Remus Lupin and his friends were rather close with Hagrid and he knew all about their antics at night in the forbidden forest on the full moony and looking down at the girl with the scar on her cheek, she looked very much like her father.

 It took Hagrid back to when, in his sixth year, he came across Remus lying on the ground unconscious the morning after the full moon, his friends nowhere to be seen. Hagrid lifted him up into his arms and carefully took him to the hospital wing, watching as Remus' face paled even more and the scars on his face, fresh and new bled like tears, clumping on his jawline. 

As much as Belle wasn't bleeding, it still made Hagrid's heartache for the young girl as she rested in his arms. She is so much like her father that Hagrid couldn't help but worry for her safety. If she is not going to be okay, he would feel terrible. 

From the bank of the school grounds near the boat shed, a black dog peeped around the corner of the shed and watched as two redheaded twins and their friend stepped carefully from a boat and waited for Hagrid's boat to reach the shore. Hagrid stepped out carrying a body in his arms. The dog couldn't see who it was but he knew instantly one a lock of blue hair slipped from the towel which was wrapped around her head. Belle - his best friends' daughter.  

The dog squeaked but didn't care, he ran through the grounds towards Hogsmeade village where he continued to run until he reached safety. He transformed back into his human self and clutched the wand that his best friend had gotten from Ollivanders wand shop for him. He apparated with a crack and that was the last of the black dog being in Hogsmeade that day. 

In the hospital wing, Fred, George and Lee watched as Madam Pomfrey fussed over Belle, who still laid unconscious. Lee hadn't said a word, he blamed himself because he was the one that fell into her. He simply watched as the healer used spells and different potions to try and nurse the young girl back to health. 

So far, Belle's colour had returned to her skin and she was breathing properly. Madam Pomfrey finished up with her and allowed the boys to sit with her as long as they stayed quiet and didn't mess around. 

Remus arrived at the school about half an hour later, Professor McGonagall on his toe as he came to his daughter's side. "What happened?" Remus demanded. 

It was now that Lee spoke up, "It's my fault Professor, I fell into her." He raised his hand, "I didn't mean to, someone fell into me after they were pushed into by a Bulgarian student. I'm sorry, I should have grabbed her." 

Remus watched as Lee Jordan admitted to something with sincerity and not as a joke. He shook his head, "Then it wasn't your fault." He told him, "And I am no longer your teacher, you needn't call me Professor anymore."

"O-Okay."

Remus turned to Madam Pomfrey who had exited her office, "Is she going to be okay?"

Madam Pomfrey nodded, "She will be perfectly well, Remus, once she wakes up I will assess her and we shall go from there." She patted Remus' shoulder and went off to speak to Professor McGonagall. 

George stood up to allow Remus to sit in the chair beside Belle, and the man gladly accepted, taking his daughter's cold hand in his. Fred was holding her other one and not taking his eyes from her, waiting for her eyes to open. The clanking of a heavy wooden leg hitting the floor was heard and in clambered Professor Moody, looking at Remus in confusion. 

"Remus Lupin? Why are you here? I heard you left last year." He asked, his tongue flicking at his lip quickly before he took a swig from his flask. 

Remus shook his outstretched hand, "Yes, well, I was told of my daughter being hurt and I came immediately." He replied and looked down at Belle. 

"Daughter? I didn't know you had a daughter let alone little Blue Belle over here." Smirked Moody, nodding his head to Belle. "Kept that quiet, didn't ya Lupin?"

"I didn't know I had a daughter until last year." 

Moody nodded, "Is that so? How interesting."

Very interesting...