Chapter 55

In Dumbledore's office, Belle sat confused, scared and upset as the Headmaster sat down opposite her. He could sense her sadness, offering her a sherbert lemon, which did not help at all. There was an awful silence between the pair as Belle stared off at her hands in her lap, she wanted to ask so many questions but her mouth was rather dry. "I presume you are wondering why you and I are here, Miss Florence?" The girl nodded, "We have a few matters to discuss, however, I will start with the fact that your father will be okay, along with Miss Parker and Mr Black."

"So Madison and Sirius are amimagi?" She croaked out looking up at the man who nodded. 

"Rightly so, illegal, but I shan't be the one to snitch, after all, I am not a seeker." Belle smiled weakly at Dumbledore's pun and let him continue, "Another thing is, that your grandfather, Lyall, on your father's side has informed me of his plans of you moving in with him along with your father, I must ask, is it what you wish?"

Belle nodded, "From what dad and Madison, sorry-Miss Parker, have told me he seems wonderful and I would love to get to know him. But, I will be able to return t the children's home if I needed to, right?"

Dumbledore looked apologetic as he shook his head, "I am afraid that brings me to my next point. From my recent talkings with Miss Peregrine and looking back on your family history, along with observing you, Miss Peregrine has concluded that she has made a mistake. You aren't peculiar. Your great grandmother's gift has not been passed onto you. You shall not be able to return to the children's home, I am very sorry."

Belle didn't know what to do. Everything was not processing fully, her head was spinning so much she had to clutch onto the desk in front of her. She could tell Dumbledore was talking to her but she couldn't hear anything, her vision was clouding over and the next minute she knew everything was black. 

* * *

Belle could feel someone tracing their thumb across her forehead as she awoke. The sound of quiet chatter was slowly starting to become louder as her eyes fluttered open. "How are you feeling, sleepyhead?" Greeted Fred who was the owner of the thumb across her forehead. 

Belle didn't reply, instead, she attempted to sit up with the aid of Fred and she leaned against the headboard sighing and rubbing her cheek. "Please tell me everything was a dream." However, nobody had to say anything when she spotted Ron in the bed next to her with his leg elevated. "And it wasn't." She groaned shutting her eyes tightly, she tried to keep tears from falling but she failed. 

"Hey, hey, hey." Fred hushed wrapping his arms around her. She buried her head into his chest and clutched onto him tightly. "Why are you crying?" Fred whispered in her ear. 

"I don't know what is going on. I'm so confused about everything." She sobbed her grip tightening on his jumper. "I want my mum."

Fred pulled back stunned, "What? You actually want your mother after everything that has gone on?" She nodded, her blue eyes swirled with tears and Fred's face fell. "Why?"

"We might not have seen eye to eye all of the time but she still is my mother. I may call her a bitch but, Freddie, I need her." Fred didn't know if she was being genuine and it wasn't just everything that had gone on to cause her to pass out affecting her brain. He didn't know what to do other than hold her whilst she cried, rubbing her back soothingly. 

Moments later Belle heard footsteps rushing into the Hospital Wing and approaching them. "Is she awake?" She heard Professor Parker ask, he voice croaky and raw. She felt Fred nod and she pulled away from Fred looking up at Madison. "Oh Merlin's beard, come here." Madison held onto the girl, caressing her head. "Dumbledore told me everything, your dad is in his office, he has to leave. Snape told some Slytherin's and now everyone knows about his lycanthropy. I came to see if you are okay to see him before he leaves. Madam Pomfrey told Dumbledore that as soon as you awoke you can."

Belle nodded pulling away from Madison and slowly climbed out of the bed, holding tightly onto Fred's hand. "You don't think differently of me, do you?" She asked him quietly. 

"Never." Was all he said before Madison led her away, his hand slipping from Belle's. He sighed and turned back to Ron. "Explain."

* * *

"Surely you can't leave!" Belle cried, her tears seeming as if they would never end. "You're the best teacher for DADA we have ever had! A-and it's right before exams! Crap, they're next week!2 Belle began to panic over her O.W.Ls and her father now being unemployed. 

Remus stopped packing and held his daughter in a hug, "I have to. It won't be long and parents will be complaining. I will be there to pick you up from the train station, Maddie will still be here so you can talk to her and I am only a letter away. You'll be fine in your exams if you study, but do not push yourself to the point of exhaustion, that will not help."

"You also have Fred," Added Madison, "I'm sure he'll help you if you ask. And if he doesn't I'll make him by making it compulsory, okay?"

Belle nodded wiping her eyes, "Can I see mum, in the holidays?"

"You want to see your mother?"

"Yes, dad. I think I need to. No, I want to."

 Remus nodded, "very well, I will arrange it. But, for now, please just lay low and focus on your exams. People are aware of you and I being father and daughter as well now.

"I'll try."

"Trying is all I ask."