Chapter 2

Madam Pomfrey finally calmed Belle down by charming her into a slumber so she could check her eyes and have the girl not feel any pain. Dumbledore arrived along with the rest of the population of Professors including Lupin. "Who was the last to teach Miss Florence?" The headmaster asked and Remus stepped forwards.

"I was sir, fifth year Gryffindors and Ravenclaws,she left my classroom last and that was that." He informed looking at the girl whose face was tinted red and her eyes puffy.

"Very well, Remus." Dumbledore said, "the only two I can think would own such an item, are Fred and George Weasley. Would somebody fetch them for me, and bring them here. The rest may leave and prepare for the feast."

"I will stay if that is okay, Albus." Flitwick said and got a nod in reply.

McGonagall left along with the rest of the professors and went to collect the Weasley twins; Fred and George are known for their pranks and not known for serious harm. However, the item they used may have caused severe damage and therefore it needed to be known of where they got said item. It didn't take long for Minerva to find the twins and she escorted them to the hospital wing.

"Professor, what is going on?" Fred asked, confusedly.

"I believe that you will find out in a moments time, or you may possibly know already." She pursed her lips and guided the pair into the hospital wing.

The curtains were draped around the bed where Belle laid, and Madam Pomfrey was seeing to her eyes. Professor Dumbledore and Professor Flitwick waited patiently, the smoke bomb in the elders hand. "Uh.." George turned to his brother.

"Mr and Mr Weasley, what do you know about a certain stink bomb 2003?" Dumbledore held up the black sphere with gold writing on it,

"Professor, we don't know anything about them. Zonko's are supposed to be getting some in according to a Hufflepuff in the year above us, we asked what Zonko's had and he told us the old products and new." Fred explained.

"Yeah, Professor, apparently they are lethal" George added.

"Yes, they are." Madam Pomfrey agreed, exiting the drawn curtains. "She should be fine, may have a slight blur in her vision for the next week, but nothing too bad, luckily she shut her eyes just in time."

"Thank you Poppy." Dumbledore nodded, "now do you two know anyone that may have this item?"

"No, sir." The twins replied, "Why?"

Dumbledore wiggled his two fingers slightly, in a way to beckon the two boys closer, he drew back the curtains to reveal Belle, who laid still asleep her eyes patched over which had been doused in a type of no-stinging healing potion.  Their eyes widened in shock; they both knew how bad this specific item was and vowed that that would be the one product they would never buy from the joke shop in Hogsmeade. They could only breathe a sigh of relief remembering what the healer had said, her eyes may be slightly blurry for a week but she should be fine, but she was lucky. "Professors, we swear it was not us." Fred exclaimed turning to the men stood beside him and his twin.

"Albus, as much as it brings me into a state of confusion, but I do believe, gathering the expressions on their faces, that theses two boys are in fact innocent, besides they're only fifth years and cannot even go to Hogsmeade until next month. And like they said, Zonko's are ordering them in, they do not have any yet." Flitwick said.

"Very well, Fillius, I am sorry for wasting your time, boys, you may be on your way, but do promise me if you find out who used the item, please inform somebody." Dumbledore said.

"Yes, Professor." They replied, nodding their heads.

"If you don't mid, can we stay for a little while?" George asked.

"If you do not cause any disruption." Madam Pomfrey stated, changing the patches on Belle's eyes.

Dumbledore, McGonagall and Flitwick all exited the hospital wing leaving the young Gryffindors to sit beside their classmate whilst Madam Pomfrey worked her magic. It didn't take long before she retreated to her office. The twins sat in silence glancing at the girl who they had seen around school,but never spoke to. She was a subject to many of their pranks as in their eyes she is an easy target, being alone and all. The pranks only consisted of regular dungbombs or amateur items never something like this.

Fred always liked the girl, she was different to other Ravenclaws and he sometimes thought that her and Percy, their older brother,  were sorted into opposite houses; that he should have been a Ravenclaw and she a Gryffindor. He was a 'smart arse' and she was incredibly brave facing Hogwarts alone, especially as she was rather different to many other students. He has heard what people say about her, and it isn't anything pleasant but to go as far as this was just low.

Belle started to mumble and wake up but opening her eyes was a struggle, they still hurt and felt like concrete slabs but the potion on the patches were helping slightly. She managed to open them slightly only tossed the white of the patches. "Madam Pomfrey?" She called out hoarsely, her throat dry from her screaming. She tried to sit up but failed as she couldn't see.

" Here, let us help you." A boy said from her right and she felt to sets of hands on either side of her body, guide her into a sitting position.

"Thank-you, it's hard to know what I am doing with theses things on my eyes." Belle said looking to her right.

A chuckle escaped the boy's lips as he turned her head slightly, "I'm over here."

"Sorry."

"S'alright."

Pomfrey scurried over and removed the patches from her eyes and they flickered open. Belle squinted slightly, as they adjusted to the light and Fred and George could see how bloodshot they were. The vibrant red made the ocean blue pop, but made her pale complexion even paler. "How are they feeling?"

"Sore, but better. Thank you."

"You may suffer with blurry vision for the next week so you need someone to accompany you, if you can so you do not get hurt, but other than that you can go. If they get worse return immediately, I shall inform your teachers." Belle nodded her head and sung her legs off of the bed, collecting her bag, placing her glasses on and left the hospital wing leaving the twins behind.

They instantly stood up and ran behind her, "Wait! Wait for us!" George called.

"Why?" She asked her left eyebrows raised, her arms folded across her chest.

Fred looked bemused as they stood beside her, "What do you mean why?"

"Well it was your two's bomb, was it not?"

"No, it wasn't, we didn't know until McGonagall came and got us, thinking we did it." George said.

"Oh, sorry."

The twins shrugged and the three made their way to the great hall in time for dinner, not speaking at all. They entered the hall and made their ways to their house tables; the twins joined their friend Lee Jordan and the rest of the Gryffindor quidditch team. Lee Jordan is an average heighted boy with dreadlocks and a large smile always prominent on his face. he commentates the Quidditch matches and always adds his own little touch, by making comments about his liking towards Angelina Johnson a chaser on the team, or other things.

Belle sat at the end of the table with a large gap between her and her fellow house mates, she sat patiently as Dumbledore made announcements. "...And finally, smoke bomb 2003's are banned completely from school grounds, as they cause severe harm, which we have dealt with tonight, fortunately the young girl who was the victim was lucky and has received no serious damage. Anyway, enough waiting let the feast begin! Pip! Pip!"

The students and teachers alike, dug into the delicious food that appeared, talking loudly and happily to their friends. All except Belle, she ate in silence, looking down at her plate, unaware of the two people watching her.

Fred Weasley and Remus Lupin.