Chapter 92

The next morning Fred returned to Belle's bedroom door and spoke softly to her through it. He didn't receive any response. He couldn't hear her crying so maybe she had passed out, asleep. Fred tried to peep in, but the situation with the barricaded door became an apparent predicament. He didn't really want to apparate in because the loud crack would wake her up if she was asleep but he didn't really have a choice.

With a loud, obnoxious crack Fred apparated into the bedroom and just as he thought he had woken her up. However, he only knew that because she moved under the covers. Other than that he could not see her at all because she was fully covered by the duvet.

"Bella?" Fred asked softly, tiptoeing over to her and sitting gently on the edge of the bed.

The room was cold, partly from the fact the heater was currently on the floor for an unbeknown reason, but also partly because all of the life and soul of the bedroom had been sucked away and tarnished by the deep melancholy feeling shadowing it all as well as the ominous, phthartic deeds that had been silently sewn into the walls years ago.

Belle remained hidden by the covers, lying as still as possible hoping that would deter Fred and make him leave. She didn't feel like talking, she didn't feel like sitting up or moving. She didn't even know if she could. Her body had become numb and her limbs felt heavy.

Fred laid his hand carefully onto the lump formed by Belle's body and tugged back the duvet slowly. At some point during the night, she had pulled the hood of the hoodie she was wearing, which may or may not belong to Fred, she didn't quite know where she had gotten it from, but had worn it the previous day. Fred slipped his hands beneath her body and sat her up. She pulled her jelly legs to her chest and buried her head between the caps.

"You probably don't want to talk, in fact, you probably don't want me to even be in this room, but Bella I'm not going to listen because you need someone to be there for you even if you don't know it or even want it," Fred whispered, placing his hand on the small of her back.

"I...she's gone..."Belle murmured, her voice muffled by her knees.

Fred nodded his head, rubbing her back, "I know, Bella, I know. And it will be hard for you but you'll be okay someday," Fred soothed, keeping his girlfriend close and cuddled into him.

Belle shook her head. Although death is so cruelly normal, everyone experiences at least one other than their own in their lives and it does cause immense pain which people usually move on from and carry on with their lives, Belle couldn't see that at all for her.

"Yes it will, love, it may not seem like it will be but you will be okay. Trust me on that because I will be there to help you-"

"And so will I," a voice joined in from behind the bedroom door. It was Remus coming to check on his daughter. The pain of losing Beatrice also struck him, not just because of their love when they were younger (despite its awful end) but because she was the mother to his daughter. There would always be that special bond between them; Belle. Whether Beatrice liked it or not, Belle was their's to share and she always would be. And with Belle hurting, Remus hurt with her because seeing her in this state was horrific and not something any parent would wish on their child.

Fred climbed off of the bed only to shift the barricade just enough for Remus to slip through the small gap and the two men returned to Belle's side.

"Darling, you have us all here with you, to listen to you, to cry with you, to just hug you and love you. If you'll let us. We won't force you to have us but we will always be there no matter what," Stated Remus, placing his hand on her head and sliding her hood down so that he could see her face.

What he revealed was certainly a shock to both him and Fred. His hand dropped to his lip and his mouth fell open at the sight of Belle's short, messy, hacked at hair. Fred's eyes widened and only then did he notice the locks and scissors on the floor by the mirror.

He lifted his hand and slowly ran his fingers through what was left of her hair. "Why?" Was all he could ask, nothing else seemed to form in his head.

Belle looked down as another set of tears brimmed in the corner of her eyes. Her whole body began to shake unfathomably. "Darling, calm down. We're not angry, we just want to know why?" Remus told his daughter taking hold of her hand.

The girl repeatedly shook her head, her shaken hands pushing Remus and Fred away from her.  "Get out!" She exclaimed as tears fell, "get away from me! Go! Leave!"

Fred and Remus tried to stop her, they tried to reason with her but she was persistent. The girl would not stop pushing them and pushing them until they were against the desk that was blocking the door. Belle kept pushing them even though they were not moving. She kept shouting at them to leave. To go away. To stay away from her. Her voice was loud and broken, then it cracked. She faltered. Her knees buckled and Belle fell into Fred's arms.

Fred held onto his girlfriend, looking at Remus with tears in his own eyes. Remus frowned, placing a hand on Belle's back and taking her from Fred. "Come with me," he said softly, "my dad is downstairs."

Fred glanced at Remus in confusion. "He knows all of the best cures for comforting someone." Remus kissed Belle's head, lifting her up into his arms with the help from Fred adjusting her legs. Remus cradled his daughter as Fred moved everything away from the door with his wand as it was far quicker than doing it manually. He then followed the father and daughter out and down the stairs.

In the kitchen everyone sat, listening to all of the shouts that was occurring from up the stairs. They all stayed quiet not knowing what to say nor do especially as they heard the footsteps of Remus and Fred descending the stairs. Molly was preparing dinner hoping that Belle would eat at least a little bit that morning but she was well aware of what grieving did to someone, thus she doubted that Belle would.

Fred was first to enter the dining room, sitting beside his twin brother and wiping his face. Remus follows behind his father standing up to see his granddaughter. Everyone was flabbergasted at the sight of Belle. Ron went to say something but Hermione nudged him hard in the ribs.

"Oh my darling," cooed Lyall placing his hands gently on Belle's face and Remus set her down. The girl cried looking straight at her grandpa. Lyall's hands brushed back her hair as he held her gently.

Remus was right, despite not saying anything else, Lyall brought a bucket load of comfort to Belle. His warmth and caring nature radiated onto her wrapping around her like a protective blanket, keeping her safe. Her crying lessened - not stopping fully - but lessened.

Harley sat beside her uncle and cousin as Sirius crouched down before Belle who was now sat on Lyall's lap. "I'm sorry for what I said," Sirius Said solemnly putting his hands on her knees, "that was very insensitive of me."

Belle nodded, "well...you were right...kind of...I...I...just...I..." she said between sobs.

Sirius understood, "you don't need to say anything, sweetheart."

Belle leaned back into Lyall's chest. She sighed, playing with his hands. Her eyes caught Fred's and he smiled weakly at her. Belle closed her eyes, her head falling back into Lyall's shoulder. She was out cold. Fully asleep and finally calm.