Chapter 8

It was nearing 9:45pm, and Belle sat waiting anxiously in her common room, sucking on her thumb slightly, as her knees bounced wildly. When she was nervous she sucked the tip of her thumb slightly, it was instead of biting her nails, which she rather liked longs and therefore sat with the tip of her thumbs between her teeth. The twins and Lee were going to meet her outside of the library at 10pm, and she was going to leave with ten minutes to get there. She stared at her wristwatch watching the minutes tick by before she quietly left the common room.

She trailed  through the eerie, deserted halls silently, watching her surroundings very carefully. She had her wand lit up and slightly disturbed the portraits, yet apologising as she went. Her heart was racing, and hr palms clammy, breaking the rules was knew to her, she had never been in trouble before, not even when she fell asleep during DADA. Oh, what the other Ravenclaw students would think if she was caught. Fred, George and Lee made it look so normal to be in trouble, along with Potter, Granger and Ron Weasley. The library wasn't to faraway from where she was at the moment and she flicked her attention back to her watch. 9:59pm, just on time.

However, when she reached her destination, there was no sign of the three Gryffindors. She whispered 'nox' as she stood waiting in the dark, waiting for the three. Ten minutes had passed, as she thought to herself, Maybe they're just running late. There she stood, her arms folded across her body as the cold nights air nipped at her skin, waiting on the boys. It must have been twenty minutes that she waited before she heard footsteps. "Lumos." She muttered and shone her wand in the direction of the steps. "Finally." She grumbled but when the steps entered the light of her wand, it was not the twins or Lee.

"Miss Florence?" Professor Lupin raised his eye brows, "what are you doing out of bed at these hours and just waiting around?"

A lump formed in her throat and her mouth opened and closed as she tried to form words, but failing to do so. The Professor watched the girl's eyes widen, and her breathing accelerate. "Professor-I-" She managed to say but was cut off.

"Follow me." Lupin said, lighting his own wand and motioning for her to put hers away. He led her through the school and towards his classroom. He opened the door and lit the torches in there before taking a seat on his desk, leaving Belle standing staring at her feet. "I will ask again, what were you doing out of bed?"

"I'm sorry." Was all she muttered.

"I can tell that this is the first time you have snuck out, and I will not punish you, but I do need to know why you were out, Miss Florence."

"I was going to pull a prank." She murmured.

Lupin furrowed his brow in confusion, "A prank, but Miss Florence you do not seem the type to indulge in such activities, but I shan't judge. I for one know you mustn't judge a book by its cover." Belle stood silently before Lupin motioned for her to have a seat in front of him. "I presume, it was going to be with the Weasley twins, and Mr Jordan?"

"Professor-"

"It is okay, I will not penalise them either."

"Then yes, it was." Remus folded his arms and pulled a chair from another desk and sat in front of her. "Professor, I am sorry, I shouldn't have broken the rules, you have the right to punish me."

"Well I am not going to, you are a bright girl-"

"No I am not." She muttered.

"Yes you are, I can tell, otherwise how did you get into Ravenclaw?"Lupin said.

"I don't know." She shrugged, not once looking up.

"You were obviously put into the house for a reason, however, we shouldn't stay talking for too long, Miss Florence. It is probably best that you head off back to your common room. I will write you a note so that if you bump into another teacher you will not be in trouble." Lupin stood up putting his chair in the right place and walking around to his desk and writing a short note and signing it off, before handing it to the blue haired girl.

"Thank-you Professor." She looked up at him, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I am sorry, again."

He waved her off, "Just don't let me catch you out of bed again. Good night, Miss Florence."

"Y'know you don't have to keep calling me 'Miss Florence', it's much easier calling me Belle." She spoke up slightly louder.

"Very well then, Belle, Goodnight."

"And you, Professor." She nodded and exited the classroom.

* * *

The next day, Belle found herself resting against a tree that was by the black lake. A muggle book called, 'Hereos' in her lap, and her eyes scanning over the pages taking in every word. The thing the main character Francis wanted most, to be anonymous, was just what she wanted too. After the previous night, when Fred, George and Lee ditched her, and the snide comments from fellow students, and her mother's views on her, being anonymous seemed like a grand idea for her. Yet, in reality, she wanted to be ignored, whereas Francis wanted to be unseen, after having no face, once he returned from the muggle war and having it blown off. Having 'caves' instead of a nose, skin from his thighs replacing the skin from his cheeks which were missing, and a silk, white scarf covering the lower part of his face, a red cap shadowing the top part. Whereas she was just thrown rude comments, she was different to Francis but that didn't stop their wishes from being similar.

The sun was shimmering on the smooth water of the lake, and the crisp autumn air, felt nice too, as she leaned on a tree. Her hair got caught slightly on some bark but she didn't care, although she could feel slight engravings against the back of her head. She turned her head and body to read the engravings to find the words and initials;

Prongs - J.P.

Padfoot- S.B.

Moony- R.L.

Wormtail- P.P.

Leo- M.P

The looked like they were at least twenty years old, but clearly held memories of the time those students spent at Hogwarts. Maybe that was a good idea, if there was one way Belle could leave her mark at Hogwarts, maybe this was it. She transfigured a nearby rock into a pen knife to which she started to engrave letters into the tree, bellow the other engravings but not very close, clearly showing that they were nothing to do with each other.

Blue Belle- B.F

She chose the names 'Blue Belle' to signify who she was.

Blue, from her house, to her hair and eyes. All she was Blue.

Blue Belle.