Chapter 36

The next day Enoch pulled Belle aside, making sure that nobody was around. He ran a hand through his curls and let it trail to his neck and stay there for a moment. He grumbled under his breath not being able to configure the words he wanted to say in that moment. Belle leaned against the wall lazily patiently waiting for Enoch to explain what was going on. She blew a stray piece of hair from her face and stared at the boy who looked constipated...

"Enoch, what's going on?" She asked after waiting a while causing the boy to snap from his trance. He sighed and grumbled once again but still didn't say anything. It was as if a cat got his tongue and Belle blamed Mrs Norris. "E?" She asked once more. 

Hearing that simple nickname caused an uneasy feeling to erupt in his stomach and his neck hair to stick up. He tried his best to ignore the feeling and worked on getting speech to leave his chapped lips. "Belle, we - uh- erm- need to talk... about the erm-uh-uh-kiss."

The girl glanced at her bare feet, the tips of her ears burning before looking back up at Enoch. "I suppose we do."

Enoch nodded, "How did it make you feel?" He asked bluntly, his usual tone returning and catching her off guard. "And don't say you don't know because this isn't a romance novel or some shit, it's real life."

"I'm going to be honest with you. Enoch, I didn't feel anything. I'm sorry, but I didn't."

His face fell for a moment but quickly changed to a hard, cold stare. His jaw clenched and he felt like smashing things up and not stopping until all the blood from his body drained from the cuts that would be on his knuckles. Enoch knew. He knew that he didn't deserve any kind of affection, he never has, it was all down to his peculiarity. Why would Belle be any different? "You like that twin don't you?" He questioned through gritted teeth. 

Belle's brows curled downwards in a furrow showing her confusion. "I don't like Fred of George."

"Yes. You do. It's so bloody obvious. Why else would you not feel anything?" Enoch retorted and turned away from her tugging at his hair. His curls straightened before pinging back into the coils that flopped messily on his head. 

Belle held his wrist which made Enoch look at her. "I didn't feel anything because with you I feel like you are my brother. You were one of the first people to actually accept me for who I am, and not just at home. If I was to feel anything remotely sexualised to you it would feel wrong, Enoch I have never had a sibling let alone a brother and I am seventy-nine percent certain that this is what a sister feels about a brother. I'm sorry I don't like you in the way you thought, but I can't help the way I feel." 

Enoch gulped and took a deep breath. "Okay." He stated and stared into her bright ocean eyes. He closed the gap between them and their lips were pressed together for a short period of time, a few seconds if that. He pulled away and raised one brow. "Feel anything?" She shook her head and he nodded once more. "I had to check." He said. "I respect your decisions. I will have to get used to it. Don't mention it to anyone, will you?"

"I won't. I promise."

* * * 

In Gryffindor common room the Quidditch team (except Fred), Lee, Ron Hermione, Ginny, Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas stood staring up the stairs there eyes on the closed door hiding the fifth year boys dormitory. Smash was heard and what sounded like a beaters bat repeatedly hitting a bedpost could be heard confusing everyone. The group glanced at one another before their eyes landed on George who shrugged. "I dunno... I guess I'll go look, though." He sighed and clambered up the stairs and pushed open the door to find the room a mess and Fred looking outraged. 

"Bloody prick!" He bellowed swinging his bat at Lee's bedpost which was near to him. 

George's eyes widened and he rushed over to his twin grasping the bat and chucking it to one side. He grabbed his brother who practically had steam tumbling from his ears and his face was red. "No need to get mad, we aren't at Quidditch practise and Wood isn't making us work our arses off." He jested trying to lighten the mood-he failed. 

"I'm not in the mood," Fred stated glaring at George who held his hands up in surrender.

"What's going on?" Asked his brother. 

"They have kissed." Fred spat poison dripping from each word. 

"Who?"

"Belle and E-dick."

George choked on his saliva and his eyes widened, "When?"

"I don't know, but now I am fucked." Fred fell into George's open arms and his knees buckled and he collapsed. "I want to prank him until he leaves."

"And I will help, he will regret kissing her. He will regret it all."