Prologue

Blue Belle:

Sometimes it is easy to go unnoticed, unheard, unacknowledged and unseen. Most of the time being alone adds to that, not having friends and being sent to a sort of boarding school where your family never are. Then why was it so hard for Belle Florence? All she wished was for to be left alone, not have people make sarky comments about her or to her. She wasn't the brightest student, although she was in Ravenclaw at Hogwarts school for witchcraft and wizardry, and that brought students to pick on her. It was unheard of, 'an unintelligent person in Ravenclaw!' many students exclaimed throughout the years she spent there. Thankfully, some recognition was taken away from her and onto a Gryffindor student two years bellow her, Harry Potter- the boy who lived.

It has been two full years and now is on the third year of the shaggy haired boy with round spectacles and a lightening bolt scar. Belle is in her fifth year and that means O.W.L.S were upon her. She hoped this year would be better, after having such a flop of a year previously, with a phoney Defence Against the arts teacher and the Chamber of Secrets being opened; students being petrified and all.

Though, all she ever sees is blue. From her house colours to her emotions and even her hair. Peculiarly, Belle was born with blue hair. It gave her mother and the doctors/nurses quite a scare when the 7 pound pale skinned, blue haired girl was brought into the world. Her mother is a muggle and therefore new nothing about magic, she kept her daughter cooped up in the house only leaving when necessary, and wearing a hat that hid her hair. The girl showed signs of magic from such a young age and that made her relationship with her mother stretch. They have little in common and once she attended Hogwarts for the first time, they distanced further both physically and emotionally.

Beatrice Florence is a single mother, and has always been. The father of her child left two months before she discovered that she was three months pregnant. She despises the man that impregnated her, not because he left but because he had the magical blood. Never has she told her daughter anything like this, and she never would. No word was breathed about Belle's father and that is how it will stay for as long as possible. Beatrice knew he had to have had magical blood otherwise Belle would be, in her opinion, 'normal'.

Belle, liked to keep to herself, as mentioned before, only because all those close to her distance themselves away like her mother, or leave like her father. The girl has always been curious over her father and who he was/is. She never voiced these thoughts, especially not to her mother, they stayed trapped in her head.

Belle's escape was writing, and reading. Her journal held her life story, her thoughts; as sad as it may sound, her journal was her friend, her head stayed between the pages of it or a different book. She may enjoy having such a simple book as her friend but she needed people in her life, people to care and love her the way no one has before, she just needed to realise it, and accept it. This year would be different for her, and she could either see it as a bad thing or a good thing.

This is the story of Blue Belle.