Chapter 54

Sirius and Harry placed Ron on a rock to rest whilst Belle and Hermione fussed over him, making sure he was okay. Remus and Madison stuck to Pettigrew like glue glaring at him whilst Harry and Sirius went to talk. "She is beautiful, Remus, Belle that is," Pettigrew said bravely, only back down when he received a deadly look from Remus. 

"Don't you dare think you have the right to utter my daughters' name, you have no right to anything involving us anymore. Oh, boohoo, if you think crying and apologising will change our minds about you, you should think again. You lost that right the night you sold out James and Lily." He spat and tightened his grip on the rat's collar. "Fear makes people do stupid things, but what you did is inexcusable. To let him kill James and Lily was like murdering them yourself. You were supposed to be their friend. You knew their plans once the war was over. You knew they wanted more children, you knew! You disgust me!"

Madison once again slapped his face, "You know, you deserve a lot more than just two slaps but I don't want to take all the fun and joy from the dementors, don't excuse the pun, I did it on purpose. If it wasn't for Belle and Sirius being out of Azkaban I would murder you myself. I would make you suffer. Not the fate Mattei, nor Edvardus, or Frank and Alice. I wouldn't use the killing curse either. I would get a knife and score your skin, ripping it open and plunge a knife right into your heart so you know the pain we have been through." The evil tone of her voice made Remus slightly scared of her. 

"Harry-" Said Hermione causing everyone to turn and look where she was pointing. The moon. Which was full. 

Remus' eyes widened and Madison dropped Pettigrew's collar, the man scurrying away off into the distance. Sirius rushed up to his best friend and wrapped his arms around him, Madison joining his side. "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Sirius asked, referring to the wolfsbane. 

Remus shook his head, his whole body twitching as Madison turned back to Belle, "You need to get back to the castle, get Ron, Hermione and Harry and go! We've got this, alert Dumbledore but do not come back."

None of the teenagers moved, their bodies transfixed as they watched their teacher writhe in the moonlight. Bristles start to protrude from his skin as it changed into fur and his nose began to stretch with claws growing on his hands, his clothes ripping whilst his bones creaked. "You know the man you truly are, Remus. This is all flesh." Sirius said as he pounded on the man's chest. "This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here! Think of dearest, Harley. Think of your daughter Belle! Your father! Your heart is where you belong not your flesh!"

Remus was now a fully transformed, his teeth glistening as he bared them letting out a shrill howl towards the moon. Harry and Hermione turn to run, Belle supporting Ron but they fall into a heap just as Snape emerged covered in dust and agitated look on his face. "Stay back!" He said to the group.

The werewolf was about to pounce as Snape shielded the group of teenagers with his wand poised as a large black dog, the same dog that interrupted Belle and Fred back in Hogsmeade, along with a black leopard which jumped on the werewolf. Despite holding the werewolf off as much as they could it was too strong and bit hurt the dog making it yelp in pain. Upo hearing another howl, he werewolf ran off the black leopard running after it, the dog limping behind, the three disappearing in sight. 

Harry pushed past Snape, and Hermione went to dash after him but Snape held her back. Meanwhile, Belle was still trying to comfort Ron and try not to burst into tears, she definitely didn't like seeing her father in that way and it pained her physically. "My brother's right about you." Muttered Ron, his arm still around the elder girl, "Your one heck of a girl."

* * * 

Belle wouldn't move from Ron's bedside as they were in the hospital wing. His leg was elevated and had a cast on it. They were waiting for Harry to come back with news, Hermione sat the other side of Ron, looking as scared and nervous as him. "If it's anything, I don't think bad of your father. He can't help his lycanthropy and he is a great man in general." She said to Belle who still looked on the verge of tears. 

She sent the bushy-haired girl a weak smile and looked back at her shaking knee just as Harry ran into the room. Hermione, Ron and Harry conversed for a short while until Dumbledore entered. The three spoke to the Headmaster about Sirius' innocence and a few other things all the while Belle stayed quiet. She was petrified that her father would not return, that he would be heard, and she was confused as to where Sirius and Madison had disappeared off too. Were they the dog and leopard? Were they animagi? She was sure everyone else knew and that she had missed that bit. She just hoped that the three were safe, her mind was still trying to process everything. 

"Miss Florence, do join me please." The headmaster brought her from her thoughts and she stood up patting Ron on the shoulder bidding the three goodbye as Dumbledore spoke some more to the three. "You and I need a little chat."