Chapter 44

Dear Journal,

I don't know what just happened. But, I know I wanted it to finish. Fred and I, we nearly kissed. We would have done if George and Lee were a little later than they were. Lord, what does this mean? Was it like one of those romantic movies or books where it was 'just in the moment', or does he actually like me? I can't blame him if he doesn't but still. I hope he does. 

He knows I like him though! Well, not exactly. He heard me and Enoch talking the other night but he didn't know it was us. If he did, do you think he would have told me that he heard Enoch and me? I don't think he would, guys don't really share their feelings, do they? Or is that just another stereotypical assumption of mine? 

What do I do????????

Belle closed her journal and sighed. She had found herself in her fathers classroom, him at lunch. She wasn't hungry. She knew he wouldn't mind her being in here, after all, it was her DADA lesson next. Slumping back in her seat she flickered her wand at her journal and made it hover. It was about one of five spells she could do properly and correctly straight away. 

The door slammed shut causing her to lose focus and her journal to drop to the floor, a few pages flying out. "Merlin, Belle, I didn't realise you were in here!"He father exclaimed and rushed over to help her clear up the loose pages. 

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have been messing about in here." She replied, kneeling down and gathering her journal and its contents.

Remus passed her some pages and he replied to her, "I hardly think hovering her book is messing around. Is this a diary?" She nodded. "That's nice, so does it hold all of your deepest secrets." He teased and she nodded hurriedly scrambling to pick it all up. "It's okay, I'm not going to read it, sweetheart."

Belle blushed and placed the book into her bag standing up, her father helping her to her feet. "Dad, um, I know this is kind of soon but can I meet your dad in the summer?"

"You mean your granddad? Of course, I've told him about you and he can't wait for you to meet him. Finding out he has a teenage granddaughter, he was ecstatic. He even burst into tears- of happiness of course. What made you ask for this now?"

"I dunno, "Belle shrugged, "Just thinking about family, you know?"

Remus nodded, "I understand... Belle?"

"Yeah?"

"I would have you live with me during the holidays but, I can't look after a child, not in my condition."

Belle looked at him in confusion, "But you aren't sick dad. It's only once a month if that that you transform isn't it? If you couldn't look after a child, I doubt Dumbledore would ket you look after a whole school full, do you? Yet, I'm not going to force myself into your home or anything, so I respect your decision." The bell sounded and Belle took her seat, Remus stared at her not knowing what to do. "Let's just get this lesson started, eh professor?"

Students poured into the room and it was then that Remus turned away from his daughter, a peculiar feeling in his stomach. Fred slipped into the seat beside Belle and kicked back, relaxing. Enoch entered and sat in a seat in front of Belle with Victor behind him, he slipped the girl a note and faced the front after glaring at Fred. 

Belle,

Victor, Millard, Horace, Emma, Jake, Hugh, Fiona and I are going to play truth or dare later.

Care to join?

Meet us at the lake at 6pm if you are. 

-E

Belle tapped Enoch'sshoulder giving him a thumbs up and the note back before getting her equipment out. Throughout the lesson, Fred and she didn't talk. The air was quite awkward and rather thick. Fred wanted to talk to her, he wanted to apologise but at the same time he didn't think he needed to apologise, she had leant in too. That must mean she wanted it, right? The whole situation played over in his mind and he kept glancing at the girl. He caught her looking at him and the pair blushed, looking away. Everything seemed so complicated in that moment. 

Remus caught the pair blushing and instantly he was angered by it. He didn't know why he was acting this way but he knew he didn't want Fred being anything other than a friend to his daughter. "Mr Weasley. Please swap seats with Mr Davies." George furrowed his brows but went to stand up anyway but Lupin stopped him. "Not George, Fred." He added and his daughter looked at him in confusion. 

"But he hasn't done anything wrong!" She exclaimed. 

"Belle, I want him to move seats, not because he has done anything wrong but because I want Mr Davies to move," Remus replied as Roger carried his things to the desk. Fred grumbled and obliged nonetheless. "Now back to the lesson."

"This is ridiculous now." Belle muttered. "Moving him for now reason!"

Lupin turned to her with raised eyebrows, "Unless you wish for a detention tonight at 8, Miss Florence, you will stop muttering under your breath about my choices of moving your boyfriend and get on with your work."

"He's not my boyfriend!" 

Inwardly, Remus sighed in relief but he didn't show this on the outside. "Boyfriend or not, my decision is final and he will be sat where he is for the rest of the term if you continue to backchat."

"Ugh, just because she's Black's daughter or something and left to be on the run with her daddy, she comes back and thinks she is a queen or something." A girl said to her friend, giggling. 

Belle snapped her head to face the Ravenclaw and glared at her. "He is not my father! I did not leave to be on the run with him I had other issues to sort out." She snapped at her. 

"You have a lot of issues, don't you? Brainless Belle?" 

The girl snatched her bag up and stormed out of the classroom slamming the door behind her. The name calling hadn't got to her this badly before but in the middle of a minor argument with her father in front of the class, it meant her guard was down much more. 

A guard that Fred Weasley had knocked down when he had nearly kissed her earlier that day.