Chapter 21

All of the children except for Belle and Enoch who were messing around with homunculi, well Belle was observing Enoch, all heard the fire place crackle as they played a large game of snap in the parlour together. Emma and Jake who were left in charge of the home since their carer had left, thought it was easier to have most of the children together. Miss Peregrine usually left Enoch and Emma in charge but due to Enoch being up in his room and in a way looking after Belle Miss Peregrine asked Jake instead. The children looked up as they saw somebody coming through the floo network and were rather confused when they saw Miss Peregrine with company. "Ah children why don't you all play outside." Miss Peregrine smiled and the younger ones ran out into the garden leaving Jake and Emma to clear up the cards. "Jacob, please cna you go and get Belle." The american boy nodded and handed his neat handful of cards to the blonde girl before rushing off up the stairs. "tea?" The bird turned to Remus. 

"I wouldn't want to be any trouble." 

"Nonsense, Olive can whip us up some in no time. Emma dear can you go and fetch Olive and assist her with the tea." 

"Yes, Miss Peregrine." The girl walked out. 

Meanwhile upstairs, Jake was having a difficult time getting to Belle. He knocked on her door and found her room empty and decided to check Enoch's. He repeated his action and got a reply. "Who is it?" The Scottish boy grumbled. 

"It's me Jake." 

"Go away." Enoch grumbled, causing Belle to giggle quietly. 

"But-"

"I said go away, Portman." It was clear that Enoch still wasn't a hundred percent keen on the boy.

"But I need to know if Belle is in there." Jake persisted and the door flew open, Enoch stood blocking the boy's view with a bloody scalpel in his hand. 

"Why?"

"Because Miss Peregrine needs her." 

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Why don't you know?"

"I just don't Enoch! Bloody hell! She had a man with her."Jake cried running a hand through his hair. Belle stood up confused, but still out of view from Jake, but she could see him. 

"What did this man look like?" 

"Blonde, greying hair, scars over his face." He shrugged. 

Belle raised an eyebrow, "Why is Professor Lupin here?" 

"Who?" Enoch turned to face her. 

"My defence against the dark arts teacher." Belle replied. 

"Yeah, well Miss Peregrine needs to see you." Jake called before running down stairs. 

"Why would your teacher be here?" Enoch turned to face the blue haired girl. 

"I don't know. Will you come with me?"

"Why?"

"I dunno, just 'cause." 

"Alright, but only because you are one of the only bearable people in this house." He placed his scalpel in his pocket and wiped his hands on his trousers and left the room as Belle shook her head snickering at his comment. "Are you coming or what?"

Belle nodded, "Right, yes." She closed the door behind hr and the two descended down stairs. They got to the bottom of the stairs to find Miss Peregrine outside of the parlour. 

"Ah, Belle, someone is here to talk to you." Miss Peregrine smiled, dragging on her pipe. "Just in the parlour."

"Is it okay if, Enoch stays?"