Chapter 70

"The other schools are coming today." Belle said to Fred and George as the three of them sat down at breakfast. Lee was still asleep, wanting to be even more 'beautiful' for the guests.

Fred was making bacon faces on his bread using ketchup for other details and shrugged. "So what?"

Belle raised her eyebrows, "so you aren't looking forward to meeting new people. I heard Durmstrang is a school for Vikings. Do you know how cool it would be to be a Viking?!" She exclaimed poking him in the chest. "It would be amazing!"

"I think there are no more Vikings around, Belle. The likelihood of a school being full of them now is ridiculous." George told her.

"You're ridiculous!"

Fred found himself groaning at his girlfriend and brother's antics. It confused him as to why they bickered so much. Of course it was amusing but the sheer fact of them bickering over the silliest of things confused him.

"What are you going to do? Hit me with your shoe?" George taunted, faking to be scared but froze when Fred had to hold onto Belle's waist and pull her into his lap before she actually managed to hit him. "You're violent."

"I'm not!" Protested she, "But I'll show you violent if you want?"

George shook his head, raising his hands in surrender. Belle slumped in Fred's arms in triumph, smirking and eating one of the bacon faces.

The rest of breakfast went well, sort of.

Cedric came up to the group just as Lee joined them and asked to talk to Belle alone. The girl nodded and went to stand up. Fred had other ideas. He held onto her when she stood up and made her face her. Even with Cedric stood about a metre from them, waiting for Belle, Fred kissed the girl.

She smiled at him, raising her eyebrows before telling him, "see you later." Once she left with Cedric, Fred smashed up his other bacon face.

"Ooooh. Someone is jealous!" Lee cooed.

Taking a leaf from Belle's book, Fred's shoe swiftly connected with Lee's nose as he grumbled incoherent swear words beneath his breath. The boy clutched his nose glaring at Fred who glared at his plate. George sat awkwardly until Angelina sparked a conversation with him, freeing him from the thick air that looked around them.

Sighing, the other twin stood up and left the hall. He chose to guess which way Belle and Cedric had gone and he was right. Right place. Wrong time.

"I like..." He could hear Cedric, but part of what he was saying was muffled by a student giggling with her friends walking past. He caught the last part. "You." His eyes widened and his fists and jaw clenched. He also heard footsteps leaving.

Stepping around the corner he found Belle. Alone.

"What. Was. That?" He asked through gritted teeth. His knuckles bright white and his face reddening. If looks could kill, Belle would have been dead in an instant.

Belle looked at him puzzled, "what was what?"

"Don't be naive. Do you feel the same way?" She didn't say anything. When he didn't get an answer, Fred stormed off, "fine. If that's how you feel!"

* * *

Weeks.

It had been weeks since Fred stormed away from Belle. Durmstrang and Beauxbatons were settled in at the school and the tournament champions had been chosen.

From the vikings- Belle was still adamant they were Vikings from their fur coats and many of them having beards- the champion was Viktor Krum. The Bulgarian seeker who caught the snitch at the World Cup. The one Ron was madly infatuated with- Well, so Ginny teased him as.

For Beauxbatons- the beautiful girls and boys, who were ever so graceful and stood proud, the champion was Fleur Delacour, a gorgeous blonde-almost white- haired girl with flawless skin and a walk that any girl would die for. She had so many boys pining for her, including Ron, something told Belle he had a thing for Champions.

From Hogwarts- now this is where the drama starts. But, would it be Hogwarts without any drama? The champion was Cedric. WHOO! Go him!

Yet, the champion was also Harry.

Yes.

Harry Potter. The boy who lived. The boy who needs to be sent a hairbrush just as much as Snape needs shampoo. He didn't put his name in the goblet, or so he claimed. Belle believed him. Harry seemed like a good kid, and didn't seem the type to look for trouble; trouble just seemed to find him.

So long story short. Many students, especially the Hufflepuffs and of course, the Slytherins hate him. Ron also hates him. Jealousy that is. Or so Belle presumed.

She could relate to Harry, however, kind of, a little bit. She too was having trouble with a Weasley.

Fred.

He hadn't spoke to her since he stormed away. And he had been avoiding her. So had George. So had Lee.

She was so confused.

More confused than when she is in lessons!

What did he mean by, "do you feel the same way?" and, "Fine, if that's how you feel." Wha does this mean?!

For a few days, Belle did try to talk to him. She tried to talk to George and Lee too. It didn't work. She just gave up in the end. It gave her more time to talk to Luna and study with Hermione who was caught in between Ron and Harry's dispute.

She found herself with Hermione even when they were not studying. They seemed to have both had enough with what was going on. Only, Hermione knew what was going on with her boys, Belle didn't know what was happening with her boys. However, each other were a great a distraction.

A distraction well needed.