Chapter 57

On the platform, Fred and George stopped their parents waiting, Lee had already left the three, George saying his goodbyes to Belle before leaving the couple to say their goodbyes as well. Fred pulled the girl into a hug, his chin resting on her head and his eyes closing briefly.  "You better write, you better come over and you better not miss me too much." He told her his hands rubbing her back a little bit.

Belle nodded, "As long as you and George do the same."

The stayed in their embrace for a few moments more until pulling back. Fred sent her a grin which she returned with a smile before turning away and seeing her father waiting. She noticed Miss Peregrine's group a little further away and she caught Enoch's eye. For a split second a look of regret flashed in his eyes but it was quickly replaced by a glare, him turning away and disappearing with the others who made no attempt to look at the girl. Sighing, Belle returned to looking at Fred. "I'll see you soon?"

"Obviously, Bella. Now, can I get a kiss?" Belle laughed and pecked his lips shortly and pulled away from him. "Good luck!" He called out to her as she headed towards her father and he to his family who were waiting.

As he approached his family, George and Ginny were smirking, Percy not caring, Ron was disgusted, Arthur Weasley looked proud and Molly Weasley was delighted. "Oh my!" She clapped, "my baby has a girlfriend!" She cupped his cheeks pressing a kiss to both of them and tapping them lightly.

Fred groaned wiping his cheek, "Mum!"

George laughed at his brother and before a twin fight could happen Arthur suggested they headed to their Ford Anglia as hey and a long distance to get from London to Devon. Fred caught one last glance at his girlfriend who left with her father who was keeping his head down and out of view, Belle doing the same her hood pulled over her head, covering her vibrant hair.

* * *

Belle and Remus arrived outside of a lovely house in Devon. It was the the right of another house and they seemed to be at an angle slightly with another house causing a curve. The house was painted cream with ivory climbing the walls and flowers laid neatly in beds either side of the door and pathway. "Mum liked her flowers and keeping the house looking lovely, dad has kept it the way she liked it, the same flowers being planted if the ones before it died." Remus said to Belle as they made it up the pathway to the door way. "He may be a little, over the top, but it's just how he is."

Belle nodded growing nervous as Remus unlocked the door stepping into the house, with her following him shyly behind him. Remus shut the door and placed his keys on the rack, his hand on the small of Belle's back leading her through the lovely, warm house, decorated with pictures of the family and landscapes.

Inside of the kitchen they found Lyall Lupin, the smell of roast chicken wafting through the air as he read the paper at the kitchen table. Glancing momentarily over the top of the paper, Lyall suddenly clapped it shut letting it fall onto the table and stood up, his hands pressing to his lips. "Is this her?" He turned to his son.

"Dad, this is Belle. Belle, this is your grandfather, Lyall."

Belle greeted the man with a small smile as he did a little jig. "Merlin's beard, it is absolutely amazing to finally get to meet my granddaughter!" The elder man exclaimed.

He was portly gentleman, his head lacking hair except for around the sides and he was clad with a deep red jumper, brown slacks and loafer shoes. His smile was one of the warmest Belle had ever seen, her father's matching his exactly and when he pulled her into his arms for a hug, she melted right into it. It wasn't too tight, nor very loose, his hug was just right. Another thing he and Remus shared and there was no denying that Belle had already become rather comfortable with him.

Pulling back, Lyall ushered Belle to sit as Remus made himself and his daughter a drink joking them at the table. He watched as his father and Belle indulged in conversation, getting to know each other and despite knowing each other for barely ten minutes he could see that their bond would last a lifetime and would be very strong.

Belle listened as her grandfather told her countless stories about what he had done in his life and what Remus was like as a child, bringing Madison into the conversation often. She found out that Madison's parents lived to the left of the house and Madison was currently staying there so she would being seeing the woman a lot. She loved listening to Lyall tell all of the tales, and from just hearing about her grandmother she found herself loving her just as much as the men in front of her.

It was times like this that she realised how distant her and her mother's relationship was. Back in the hospital wing when she cried to Fred about how much she needed Beatrice turned out to be a spur of the moment event. She didn't need the woman who doesn't want her. She didn't need to know how much she was unwanted. She had all she needs in front of her, her father and her grandfather and of course, Fred, George, Lee and let's not forget Luna. They were all she needed.

She didn't feel as blue as she did at the start of the school year.

Belle was content.