Chapter 16

Belle stood awkwardly in the hall of the large, flamboyant house, her luggage beside her. Miss Peregrine had gone to fetch the other children, and seemed to be taking a long time. Everything had happened so quickly; from befriending those at Hogwarts, and then being taken out of school and sent away from her mother. Why? That was something her brain kept flashing, why?Miss Peregrine's shoes clip-clopped on the wooden flooring and other footsteps echoed her, about ten children stood behind the woman all puzzled, bar one blonde boy with a monocle hanging down his chest. "It all makes sense now!" He exclaimed grinning.

"What are you talking about Horace?" A short blonde girl with french braids and mud on her trousers questioned.

"Blue." He stated, before Miss Peregrine coughed.

"Everyone this is Belle, Belle Florence she's new here." She puffed on her pipe. "I hope you all will make her feel welcome." Silence fell upon the group.

"Very well, Belle this is Fiona." She pointed at the braided girl, with mud. "Agrokinesis" She told of each peculiarity.

"This is Horace." The boy with the monocle. "prophetic dreams of the future."

"Claire." A girl with rag curls and pink bows. "backmouth, she has a mouth at the back of her head."

"Victor." A lean boy with very long legs and arms, and brunette hair. "Super Strength"

"This is his sister Bronwyn." A short girl with tight curly blonde hair. "Super Strength"

"Jacob or Jake." A boy with dark brunette hair, and piercing blue eyes. "Syndrigast-Hollow connection."

"Emma." A girl with wavy blonde hair and very pale skin. "Levitation."

"Hugh." A boy with a bowl cut and black and yellow stripes on his top. "Bee Control"

"Millard." Some clothes hanging in midair, "He's invisible."

"The twins." Miss Peregrine pointed at two identical boys in cloth like clothes covering all of their bodies including their faces. "They're telepathic and always together."

"Lastly this is Enoch." A stern looking boy with a sharp jawline, eyed her carefully. "Re-animation."

"Belle is able to plan, plans only people could dream of. Plans that will always work." Miss Peregrine smiled. "Your room is near Enoch's, close to Claire's." Belle nodded and grasped her luggage. "Oh my dear, Enoch help her take her belongings up. Dinner will be in five minutes."

The boy nodded and took her trunk from her hands leaving her with a single bag that she slung over her shoulder. She followed him up two flights of stairs and along some corridors and nobody spoke a word. He swung the door open and set her trunk beside the bed that had red sheets and the room was red too with gold decor. Gryffindor. . . she thought back to the twins and Lee that she couldn't even say goodbye to. Shaking the thoughts from her head she turned to enoch who stood silently, the stern expression still on his face. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He replied, "You're a witch aren't you?"

"H-how?" She coughed.

Enoch widened his eyes as to say 'really' and replied, "Your wand is in you back pocket. Hogwarts? Beauxbatons?"

Belle nodded, "Hogwarts."

Enoch went to reply when Miss Peregrine called upstairs, "Dinner!"

* * *

During the evening, Remus found himself in Flitwick's classroom. The short man was grading some papers, whilst enjoying the company of his former student now colleague. "So what do I owe the pleasure, Remus?"

Remus sipped his tea, and placed it on the desk, "I was just curious as to where Belle Florence has been today, normally I would spot her throughout the school."

The other professor looked up, "Yes, he mother has taken her out of Hogwarts, she shan't be returning."

He couldn't believe his ears. He knew Beatrice didn't want her to know about Remus' relation to Belle but taking her out of school is just ridiculous. Maybe it was for a different reason? No, it would be a coincidence that only two days ago Remus confronted her and then Belle now no longer attends the school he works at.

He hadn't spoke to Belle about the matter beforehand as he needed a few days to comprehend that he-Remus John Lupin- was a father, a father before James! And there his friend boasted how he became a parent first out of the group, but in fact he didn't. Remus had become a father at eighteen! He and Beatrice were together when they were seventeen and had a long distance relationship whilst he was at school, then when they had done the deed, was during a visit home from school during his last year. His mother was sick and he needed to see her, that of course meant he was shooed out of the house to see Beatrice by his sick mother, when he kept fussing over her. He also made a short visit home during April that year, deciding it was best to tell her of his wizarding powers. Of course she threw a hairdryer at her and boom that was the end of their relationship.

"Do you know of the reason?"He asked Flitwick.

"No, personal matters s'all she said."

"Very well, I must be going. I can't waste anymore of your time. Good evening, Fillius." Remus stood up rubbing his hand on his trousers.

"Good evening, Remus."

When travelling through the halls, he could hear shouts and echoes from a few floors up. Looking up he spotted many Gryffindor students crowding around all yelling and shouting. Percy Weasley the loudest of them all. "EXCUSE ME I AM HEAD BOY!"

He caught sight of Dumbledore, McGonagall and Filch pushing through the students and raced to join them. Despite being tall, Remus still could not see what was going on from the bottom of the stairs. He walked over to Oliver Wood, Gryffindor quidditch captain and seventh year. "Excuse me, Mr Wood? What is going on?" He asked the Scottish boy.

Oliver ran a hand through his hair, "The Fat Lady's gone! There are large cuts out of the portrait."

Lavender Brown cut in, "She's not gone!" She pointed to a nearby painting, where the woman was crouching behind a pig. "She's up there! Hiding!"

"Hiding from what?" Remus asked the blonde girl.

"Sirius Black, he tried to get into the common room."

Remus cursed under his breath and pushed through the students and standing beside the headmaster. "Sir what are we to do?" He asked.

"Gather all students. They shall sleep in the Great Hall tonight, Prefects and teachers will take rounds on keeping watch, whilst the others search the castle for Black."

Remus nodded, "I'll get this lot down."

"Right you are Remus, Fillius you get your house, Pomona you get the Hufflepuffs, and Severus you get Slytherin." Dumbledore clapped his hands before pointing his wand to his throat, saying, "Sonorous." His voice was now amplified. "ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO THE GREAT HALL IMMEDIATELY!"

Students shuffled all the way down until every last one was in the hall. McGonagall summoned a whole register for every students and once everyone was in purple sleeping bags, she began to ask for attendance. "Harry Potter?"

"Here!"

"Justin Finch-Fletchly?"

"HERE!"

The list went through all of the years. "Fred and George Weasley?"

"Here!"They both yelled.

"Cedric Diggory?"

"Present."

"Belle Florence?" No reply. "Belle Florence? Is Belle Florence here?"

When no reply sounded, Fred, George and Lee all became worried, that was until Flitwick piped up. "Oh she is no longer a student here. She left this afternoon, after her mothers requests." McGonagall nodded and crossed her name off of her list.

"What?" Fred hissed to his bother and Lee. "And she didn't tell us?"

Needless to say he was in more of a damper mood than he already was.