Chapter 63

"Have a good year, I'll see you in July." Said Remus to his daughter as he and his father stood on the platform with the young girl.

"July?" She asked him confused, "am I not coming home for Christmas?"

Lyall smiled at the girl who looked like a lost puppy staring at her father and his father. "You won't want to, you'll find out soon, sweetheart, but you won't want to."

Belle understood a little bit but left it to slide. "Is Maddie going to be there? I forgot to ask her."

Remus shook his head, "Professor Sinistra is returning, she is no longer sick. She's currently finding a new job."

"I'll miss her as the teacher, she helped so much, and you. Are you sure you can't come back?" She asked Remus, her arms wrapping around him and her head in his chest. "Please?"

Remus kissed her head and held her tightly, "I can't I'm sorry. However, you can always owl me, you know that and Maddie and your Grandpa."

Lyall pulled the two into his arms, "now, Belle, you better be going, otherwise, you'll miss the train." He told her and released them unhappily. "As much as I want to keep you here, I'm sure you'll want to find a certain Weasley."

Belle blushed and her father's jaw clenched, "I'll see you later, dad, grandpa." She kissed both of their cheeks and and left to get on the train earning strange looks from fellow students who stared her scar in disgust.

On the train Belle trolled the carriages trying to look for the twins and Lee tugging the scarf she had wrapped around her neck up, covering her cheek as she began to feel uncomfortable with the stares.

Fortunately she found the three quickly and rushed I to the carriage. "Nice scarf!" Greeted Lee, as she sat down beside Fred and cuddled into his side. "Uh, oh, someone's not happy."

Fred frowned and looked down at Belle, his arms holding her close to him. He noticed how the scarf covered all of her face except for her eyes up and how she held it there. "You don't need to cover it." He told her and George agreed.

"Belle, it's nothing to be ashamed off. If you think it is you're being very hypocritical towards your dad." George said, "you don't want that do you?"

Lee was baffled as Belle shook her head and let Fred pulled the scarf down so that it stayed around her neck but not covering her cheeks. He was further confused by the slash on her cheek, it wasn't there when he last saw her.

"What happened?" He asked the three.

"A curse at the World Cup." Said Fred who ran his thumb over it. "Don't hide it. I don't like you hiding it. After all, you could tell some wicked stories like you slayed a dragon or...or...became a professional wrestler!"

Belle laughed, "I could do."

* * *

At the Ravenclaw table, Belle and Luna sat with each other discussing the latest edition of the Quibbler and how each other's summer went when they were silenced by Dumbledore.

He told of the Tri-Wizard Tournament that was taking place that year and how two other schools will be joining them. However, halfway through, he was interrupted as a crack of thunder and lightening bolt erupted in the hall's night sky ceiling.

A few students screamed as it began to rain when it was abruptly stopped by an odd looking man in the corner of the room. He had a false leg, a fake blue eye and many scars and scratches over his body which was supported by a staff-like object.

"Evening, Professor Dumbledore." He grunted and hobbled to the staff table taking a seat on the far right.

He was the new defence against the dark arts teacher. Professor Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody. His fake eye scanned the crowd and focused on different students for a little while of time.

Belle grew even more uncomfortable as his eye landed on her. She squeaked and looked down at her plate. "He's rather peculiar." Said Luan quietly.

Peculiar. The word made Belle's stomach flip as she searched the room for the group from Miss Peregrine's home. She knew they wouldn't be there but it still pained her knowing she would never see them again until N.E.W.Ts or the younger children's O.W.Ls. She missed them a lot. She missed Enoch's grouchy mood and disgusting organs, she missed Victor's stupid comments and digs at Enoch. She missed the younger girl's little games and the twins games of tag. She missed Emma and Jake's company along with Millard and Horace and Hugh. She missed them all. But she didn't even get to say goodbye and clearly it was meant to be that way.

Catching Fred's eye, he winked at her making her blush. "Meet me by the one-eyed-witch statue." He mouthed to her. Nodding Belle smiled at him earning another wink and a love heart from Lee who was nudged in the ribs by Fred in annoyance.

She shook her head laughing, before turning back to Luan who had brought out the Quibbler and showed her the best article in her  opinion.

"So the wrackspurts..." Belle listened to the girl all dinner and when it was over she snuck away to meet Fred.

He pulled her wrist and led her into the small passageway behind the statue. Before she could question it, he kissed her, his hands burying in her hair scrunching it up slightly.

"I've been waiting to do that since you left the Burrow in the holidays." He mumbled against her lips.

"Why?" She pulled away in confusion.

He smirked, "because I can't get enough of you, Bella, that's why."

"I've missed you too."

"That's sweet 'n' all but can you help?" Said a voice in the darkness. "Lee's behind me."

"Way to kill the mood, Georgie."