Chapter 22

After many hours of talking, Remus bade Belle, Enoch and Miss Peregrine good-bye, telling them that he will return to see Belle. Enoch and Belle stayed in the parlour, Belle slumped back on the sofa her head in her hands. Her head was spinning, making her temperature rise and her feel sick. "Are you alright?" Enoch asked in confusion. 

Belle nodded slowly, "I-I just f-feel-" Before she could finish Enoch leaned over the arm of the sofa and picked up the bin and handed it to her. Just as the bin was in her hands she let everything go and Enoch pulled her hair from her face and rubbed her back. When she had stopped she placed the bin on the floor and wiped her mouth with her arm. "I'm sorry." 

"Don't be, you canny help it. That was a lot to take in, and some people do take news like that in different ways." Enoch shook his head and lightly pressed his hand to her forehead. "You have a temperature. C'mon, I will get Victor to check to if you are okay properly. He generally deals with that sort of things." 

Belle nodded, and stood up, the two exited the parlour and Enoch called out for his friend, "VICTOR!" He yelled. "Can you come here!" The Scottish boy guided the blue haired girl throughout the house and into the kitchen. He sat her down at the table and got her a glass of water. 

The boy strolled into the room, his eye brows raised. He glanced at his friend before his eyes settled on Belle. "Merlin's beard! You're very pale, and burning up! What is going on?"

Belle went to reply but Enoch beat her to it. "She had some news, that I will not go into detail and she threw up."

"Ah, emotional shock. I'll give you some medicinal potion and you should be fine." Victor said and went into a cupboard up high. He pulled out a vile with emerald liquid in it and he shook it lightly before handing her some. "Drink this." 

She did as she was told and swallowed the liquid only to gag at the taste. "Thanks." She choked out. 

Victor nodded, patted her on the shoulder along with Enoch before placing the vile back into the cupboard and leaving the room. "Well that went well." The boy commented. 

 * * * 

Instead of returning back to Hogwarts straight away, Remus went to visit his father. Yet again he would have to explain the circumstances, and needless to say he was shitting himself. What would his father think? Will he be happy? Will he be disappointed? Remus didn't know, but there was only one way to find out. He knocked on the familiar red door, waiting fr is father to answer. He heard a chair scrape across the tiled floor of the kitchen and only moments later it swung open. "Ah., Remus! My Boy!" Lyall greeted flinging his arms around his son. "What a lovely surprise. You know you don't have to knock!"

Remus smiled sheepishly, "Nice to see you too, Dad." 

Lyall led his son into the kitchen and the two sat at the table, a plate of bourbon biscuits between them. "Now I know you work in a school but surely you last period would have only finished five minutes ago. What is the meaning for this visit?" 

"Uh, Dumbledore gave me the afternoon off of my classes. I had a few matters to sort out, which they have been dealt with but I thought you ought to know." Remus replied. 

"Well come on then, Rem, don't leave me to guess." Lyall chuckled, making Remus become even more nervous than before. "You aren't dying are you?"

"Merlin, no!" He cried. 

"Your friend Madison isn't is she?" Lyall asked, "She is a lovely girl." 

"No, dad, nobody is dying."

"Your cousin Harley, she isn't hurt?" Lyall furrowed his eye brows. 

"No, dad. I just don't know how you will take this news. It has come of a shock to me and the other person involved."

"You haven't found a broad and knocked her up have you?"

Remus snorted, "Not exactly. Do you remember about the time when mum was ill, I had a girlfriend called Beatrice?"

"Yeah." 

"Well, it seems as if way back then I got her. . .pregnant. . ."

Lyall's eyes widened, "You mean?"

"Dad, you are a grandfather to a fourteen nearly fifteen year old girl." Remus said. The elder Lupin's mouth fell open, it also closed repeatedly, much like a fish out of water. "Please, say something. I know you are probably disappointed in me and I understand but Belle, she is the kindest and sweetest girl ever and I truly believe that you would love her." 

"I'm not disappointed, Remus." Said Lyall quietly, "It's just a shock. You had a child at seventeen, and only tell me now."

"I didn't know of her existence until now. Her mother hates me, she has taken Belle out of Hogwarts and sent her to Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children thinking it will keep her away from magic and myself!"

Lyall stood up and hugged his son, "It's going to be okay. I would love to meet her. But first you need to tell me about her so it's not like opening a package when we do meet." 

"Well for starters she is a Ravenclaw. She has blue hair, naturally. Her peculiarity comes from mum's side of the family, she can make plans that nobody else can. She isn't the sharpest tool in the box but I was helping her before she was pulled from Hogwarts. . ."

Remus sat there for over an hour relaying all that he knew about Belle to his father and by the end of it, Lyall found himself already in love with the Granddaughter he had not yet met. This made Remus wonder what would happen in the future.