Chapter 99

It was three weeks into the school year and it was as if dementors had sucked the life out of the place. The new DADA teacher was the worst so far, and last years was a deatheater! Delores Umbridge is a foul woman, clad in all pink with the sickest smile that would make anyone throw up! Not to mention her lessons were as foul as she is.

Belle found herself hiding away in every way possible, Fred and George were always busy so she was left to her own devices a lot, Luna having found friendship with Neville and Ginny so she couldn't even talk to her. She was alone and she didn't want to bring any more attention to herself so she hid. Her revision was going swiftly and without trying to jinx it, she thought it was going really well.

Perhaps it was distractions? Belle spent the majority of her life with distractions from other students' treatment towards her, to Fred, to her mother, Enoch, the Order. Not all of them were bad but it was nice to have a break. Which she had also begun to appreciate with her revision. She would take small breaks and even some days she wouldn't revise if she was too tired.

Leaning her head on the table in the Ravenclaw common room, Belle let out a sigh in content as her eyes stared at the dancing fire in the corner of the room, it's flames licking each other.

"If you're cold, you ought to get closer to it," said a voice from beside the table.

Belle turned to see a tall, wet-haired boy staring down at her. "I'm not cold," she replied rather confused by the situation and why he was randomly talking to her.

"Oh my bad. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Are you?"

The boy chuckled, "yeah, I'm good. I've seen you alone a lot lately— crap that's sounded horrible, I um... uh... do you want to be my friend?"

Belle sat up and blinked multiple times, rubbing her ears in case they were blocked and she misheard him. "Do you mean that?" She asked him.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Because you're Jeremy Stretton and I'm well, me."

Jeremy laughed heartily sitting down beside Belle, "I'm glad you know who I am and who you are yourself. And that's exactly why I want to be friends. I feel stupid for not asking sooner but I was just too, I dunno, scared?"

"Why were you scared? I don't think I'm scary? Is it the hair?"

"No! No, why would it be your hair? It's  not going to strangle me. Is it?" Jeremy replied, his hair dripping into his shoulders, it would appear he had just showered because nothing else was wet. 

"I don't know. I don't think it will. It's blue. Naturally. That's  enough to scare people. I don't like it. I thought I had come to terms with it but I still hate it. I—"

"You're rambling," he stopped her, "your hair isn't what scared me. In fact it interested me more so, it's a beautiful colour. Perfect for a Ravenclaw. What scared me was you being alone. I never really saw you with anyone and that fed my brain with presumptions that you scared people off or that you were horrible but I can safely say that I was an arse and too incorrect to even be in Ravenclaw. I'm sorry."

Jeremy dipped his head to look at the table where droplets fell and formed little puddles. He was ashamed that he had let himself run away with his stupid thoughts about the girl and to be honest he now didn't expect for her to say yes. But she did. And he was over the moon.

"Jeremy, it's okay. That was the past. I don't want to hold onto the past. I want to look towards the future and I'd very much like it to have you as my friend." Belle smiled and poked his shoulder, "why is your hair wet?"