Chapter 74

The dark brunette hair, the sickly pale skin and the aroma of blood filled her senses as she watched Enoch glare at Professor Snape. How the boy got there was a mystery, how he knew where she was, was also one too.

Professor Snape ignored the confrontation and sauntered off down the hall, neglecting the pair in the moonlit hallway, that looked out upon the courtyard.

Belle squeezed her eyes shut right trying to rid what the Potions Professor had said from her mind but feeling the sensation of a hand holding her clenched fist brought her eyes to open slowly. Her eyes trailed from his hands all the way to his face.

It wasn't Enoch.

She could have sworn Enoch was stood in front of her, the smell was so pungent that she was sure it was him. But no, she was imagining him.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, his thumb running over her knuckles and his eyes watching hers as they slowly dispersed the look of horror and anger, softening.

Belle snatched her hand from his looking ya the boy expectantly. Of course, he would. Of course, he would come and make this just like a fairy tale. Yet, he didn't. It wasn't Fred.

It was George.

"What are you doing here, George?" She asked him bouncing away from his question turning back to the courtyard. 

George joined her side, leaning his elbows on the concrete wall, "I could ask you the same thing, but that would get us nowhere. I came to find you, I watched you leave. I know it sounds creepy, no need to tell me... Why him?"

"I'm sorry, why him who?"

"Diggory. If it was your goal to piss Freddie off and hurt him, you succeeded, you know he doesn't like the bloke after the quidditch match last year." George sighed.

Belle scoffed, "piss him off and hurt him? Fred and you guys think I cheated on Fred with Cedric?" George nodded his head as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, Belle rolled her eyes as everything became clear for her, like a cloud passing over the moon. "Cedric and I are just friends, hell, I don't even know if we are even that. We sit together in herbology and we mainly talk about quidditch or the fact he fancies Cho Chang. He asked me to put in a good word with her and I did. Is that why he stormed off after I spoke with Fred?"

"Fred heard Cedric say he liked you, but then again he did say there was a group of giggling girls that drowned out most of it- Merlin he is absolutely stupid- Belle, I'm sorry." George ran a hand stressfully through his hair, tugging at the roots as he did, a look of disbelief written on his face. 

"Don't apologise, you didn't assume anything other than what Fred said, it's okay, honestly. I might go back in now, I getting rather chilly." Belle started to walk away but George caught her wrist. "Yes?" She asked him. 

"Dance with me, just one, show Fre what a twat he's being." 

Belle shook her head, "I can't. Not to Fred. The only person I should be dancing with is him, after all, he still technically is my boyfriend."

George cracked a grin, nodding his head as he let go of her wrist, "You're right. Too right. Fred doesn't deserve you, you're staying faithful even when he is with another girl, who, by the way, are only going as friends, trust me, that's why Angie wanted to speak to him, she didn't want to come between you two." His voice was quiet and his eyes trailed to the floor, "That and she is still with Wood."

Belle noticed the saddened look in his eyes and how he tensed up when he said about Angelina and Oliver's relationship, "You like her don't you?"

"Don't be daft, I wouldn't do that to dear ole' Ollie, he might crash a quidditch practice next year and beat my arse!" George laughed, "Now c'mon, Florence, before you get too chilly."