Chapter 28

"Movie time children, come on."Said Miss Peregrine as the younger ones raced down the stairs in their pyjamas. Emma, Jake, Victor and Belle all sat also in their pyjamas, Enoch kept his day clothes on though. Emma and Jake, along with Millard sat on one sofa whilst Belle, Enoch Victor and Bronwyn sat on the opposite, the rest were on the floor, other than Horace who sat in his usual centre seat with his projector monocle on his eye ready. Miss Peregrine dimmed the lights and the movie began. As usual, it started with one of the boys' fantasies about clothes. 

"Hmm, leather is not my style. Velvet with some nice cotton, however, is." Sadi Horace pushing away the leather jacket that was shown to him. "Burgundy if possible, that colour really brings out my eyes." The exact jacket he described was soon handed to the boy and he slipped it on and stared at himself in the full-length mirror. "Marvellous. I'll take it. How much is-"

He was cut off by the scene change. It was a dusty, tattered old room with broken furniture and ripped curtains. Little light shone through as the windows were boarded up, however, the boards were broken and therefore much more sunlight lit up the room than it was supposed to. 

A small fat man, with large front teeth and poorly looked after facial hair was stuck in a hole in the wall. His hands near his mouth twitching like a rat, he glanced around in shock. Suddenly he was pulled back and held against the wall a wand pressed to his neck. "Please stop. I am your friend-"

Belle stiffened as the dream carried on, the face of the person whose wand was in view was still not known, but it still made her feel uncomfortable. Enoch noticed this and slyly wrapped an arm around her shoulders discretely, and she looked up at him. He didn't look down at her, instead, he kept his gaze on the projected dream. The others all looked confused but were enjoying it nonetheless. It wasn't until a swipe of blue hair appeared in the corner of the scene and the man who was against the wall was thrown onto the floor, did Miss Peregrine turn on the lights and Horace took off his monocle. "AW!"Cried the younger children in disappointment. 

"That is enough for tonight. Off to bed."She said. Obediently the youngers traipsed off up the stairs and the older ones followed, Enoch removed his arm from the girls' shoulders as they left the room. Fortunately, nobody had noticed his gesture.

By the time the two got outside their bedrooms, everyone else was already in there's and they could even hear Victor's snores from where they were. "Enoch, you don't think that I was in that do you?"

Enoch shrugged, "You have blue hair, so did that person. Do you know the guy in it?"

"No."

"Then it's probably not you and only a coincidence. Don't worry about it and go to bed we have school in the morning." Enoch replied, running a hand through his hair. 

"Good night, then." Said Belle.

"Night."

* * * 

During their class rime the next day, Belle did as she always did, write notes, not missing any information. This still confused Enoch and Victor but they shrugged it off. Miss Peregrine set the children their own tasks with her offering help when they needed it. Currently, she was helping Claire and Bronwyn and didn't notice Belle sat struggling in the back corner of the room. Her head fell onto the table, her hair falling over her head hiding her face from the rest of the room. Victor turned around at the sound of the thump and he furrowed his brow in confusion. He nudged his best friend who glared at him annoyed. "What's wrong with Belle?"Whispered Victor. 

"How should I know," Enoch replied, Victor, shrugged and turned back to his work. 

Before Enoch could ask the girl anything Jake was out of his seat and sat in the seat beside her whispering to her. She lifted her head back up and pointed at the work she was stuck on. Instantly, Jake began to explain it to her and eventually, Emma pulled a chair up to help after she had finished hers. Enoch grumbled at the sight of the American boy helping Belle and huffed before scribbling down the answers to his work. 

Belle smiled as she finally understood. "Thanks you two. I owe you one." 

"Don't mention it, Belle. Do you maybe, wanna play some board games with Emma, Millard and I later?"

"What ones do you have in mind?"

"Well, "Began Emma, "We have some wizards chess and some muggle games such as monoply and the Game of Life."

"I'd love to then," Smiled Belle. "Thank you again, for the help." 

"Like I said don't mention it, and in the future if you are struggling just ask me, I'd be happy to help."Grinned Jake.

"As would I." Emma nodded. 

Enoch groaned and puled a face at Jakes words. "Fucking Portman."He muttered. 

Victor chuckled quietly, "What's got your wand in a knot?"

"He thinks he knows everything and is better than everyone." 

"Aw, are you jealous?"

"Of what? Portman's intelligence? Don't make me laugh, he has about as much intelligence as the pig whose heart I used this morning."Enoch snapped. 

"Oooh, harsh mate. But that wasn't what I was talking about."

"Then what the hell are you flapping y'gums about then?"He rolled his eyes and placed his quill in the ink pot and turned properly towards his friend. 

Victor smirked, "You like her."

"Sorry? I couldn't hear you over the amount of bullshit leaving your gob."

"I can see it in your eyes, Enoch, I'm right. You've never acted like this with anyone before. Not even with Guinevere, who clearly fancied you a lot at the time."

"Guinevere might be Belle's great-grandmother," Enoch changed the subject. 

"Don't try to change the subject, do you or don't you like Belle?" 

"No, I don't."

"Bullshit!"