𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

Start from the beginning

The girl looked up, her fathers figure blury due to the tears that were already in her eyes.

"F-father." She spoke, her voice quiet and shaking slightly as she did so.

"You know your punishment." He said, taking a step towards her, Cassie tried to push her back further against the wall.

Cassie nodded slowly, trying her hardest not to let the tears fall.

Orion nodded in satisfaction as he watched his daughter squirm under his gaze, however instead of pulling out his wand, he turned back around and faced the door.

Cassie watched, her head tilted to the side in confusion as her father walked out of the door. She could faintly hear him speak but the words he were saying were unclear, she frowned.

A few moments later the man walked back into the room, however this time, he wasn't alone.

Cassies eyes widened as she realised who was with him.

"No." She muttered as Regulus turned to look at her.

His bottom lip was burst, the blood from it pouring onto his chin and creating splodges of blood on the grey carpet of the living room. His eye was swollen shut, a black and blue bruise in the shape of a fist around it. His nose was bleeding and there was a large gash along his cheek.

Cassie couldn't help the tears that fell from her eyes as she looked up at her younger brother.

She opened her mouth to say something, however before she could get a word out, her father pointed his wand at Regulus and yelled the spell that Cassie had had used against her so many times, but she had never wanted it to be used against Regulus.

Regulus dropped to the floor, his screams filling Cassies ears as soon as the spell was said. His body began to squirm and thrash around on the floor, his limbs hitting the furniture in the room.

"STOP!" Cassie screamed, her throat dry and hoarse as she climbed onto her knees, trying her hardest to hold onto Regulus' body to stop him from hitting the furniture anymore.

"PLEASE!" The tears were streaming down her face, dropping onto the carpet, her tears seemed pointless, it wasn't going to make them stop, but she couldn't stop them from coming.

"STOP HURTING HIM!" She continued to scream, Orion looked at her, but nodded stiffly. A second later, Regulus stopped thrashing around on the floor, however, his screams didn't stop.

They were loud and long, knives piercing through the air, stabbing the girls ears.

She tried to get him to stop, whispering calming things at him, trying to comb his hair with her fingers, wiping away the blood on his chin with her thumb. Trying anything to get him to calm down. But nothing worked.

For what seemed like hours Regulus' screams filled his older sisters ears, and for what seemed like hours Cassie cried as she tried to sooth her brother.

After ages, Regulus stopped screaming, instead he looked up at Cassie. His grey eyes meeting hers.

His eyes were dull, the light that shone in them gone. It was as if a dementor had sucked his soul out. He was just a shell of his former self.

"This is your fault." He spat, looking at her and never shifting his eyes.

"N-no, no it's not." She muttered in response, ignoring the shooting pain that was in her heart as Regulus said the words.

"It is." He continued, his words dripping with venom.

"If you weren't so selfish you would have realised sooner that you're ruining everyone's lives. You're making everything a living hell for everyone."