CHAPTER-30

"Shit..!" Nick cursed. His patience was on the verge of leaving him.

It had been quite a few minutes after the fashion show ended and a small break started. The result would be announced after this 20 minutes break. He thought that this was his cue to leave this judges' place for now and went to the backstage to find his Golden Lady and of course to meet with Aahana. But damn this people...! It looked like every person in this hall had to talk with him today and on top of that right now. They couldn't waited a little. 

Nick huffed in anger. But then again, when he remembered Aahana's face from earlier, he calmed down. He couldn't wait to meet her after such a long time. He was excited. But this excitement scared him a little.

I am not supposed feel like this for Aahana. I'm supposed feel like  this towards my Golden Lady whom I couldn't find or didn't see after that party. I should be more excited than anything else to finally find her here and now when I'm about to meet her, my heart just doesn't cooperate with it. What the--? 

A contestant designer touched Nick's hand to shake his hand. From the touch, Nick came back into the reality. He shook his hand with the contestant and smiled politely. He saw there were 3-4 of them. He shook all of their hands but stopped them from the chatting and asked, "Sorry everyone for cutting short. But I have an important issue to solve. Can we talk at after party, though?" 

The young designers were happy to oblige that and Nick excused himself from them. He went towards the backstage. From the place where he was, he could perfectly see Aahana standing alone. He stopped in his track. How can be one so beautiful in just a simple white cloth ? That's the only thought that occured in his mind.

He started to walk again, but this time towards her. She looked like an angel, though her right hand was on her heart and left on her lips. Is she thinking something? She looks straight, though. When he came much closer to her, he then noticed that her eyes were unfocused. She indeed was thinking something.

When he actually stood in front of her, then she realized and put down her hands. Her eyes...! Her eyes remind me of someone, someone very special. 

Before he could say anything, his lips just  moved, "Beautiful." And in response her eyes went wide and a blush crept on her cheeks without her realization. He was amazed to see her blush, so he went again, "You look beautiful, Aahana." This time her blush went deep. Cute. Then he stopped. What? What're you talking about, Nick? She is your best friend, not any other girl whom you can flirt.

"T-t-thank y-you."

Her answer brought him from his own ramble thoughts. He noticed that she had stammered and now she had closed her eyes tightly. Is she nervous, somehow? She did stammer before 2-3 times and during all that time she was nervous or embarrassed. Then it clicked him. Is she embarrassed because he complimented her? A smirk appeared on his lips and curiosity in his eyes. 

She opened her eyes and asked again after seeing he had been staring at her. "W-what?"

There! She again stammers. Now I'm sure she is embarrassed. This is interesting! 

"Are you nervous or embarrassed by any chance?" 

To listen his question, her eyes went slightly big. 

"N-no."

Again. But this time she is lying. She doesn't meet my eyes and I know she can't lie.

His smirk went more visible. "You're lying. Whenever you are nervous or embarrassed you do stutter and blink your eyes rapidly."

Her eyes again went bigger than last time. I was right.