CHAPTER- 39

HELLO! I am back again on Wattpad after a small break due to my exams. In this time, I have got many new readers, followers and voters who constantly love my stories and writings. I might not thank them on time, but now I am. A big big thank you to them for loving my writings and supporting me. Also, thank you to my overall readers for keep their patience with me. I will try to update the story continuously as much as I can. So, thank you again all and sorry for the wait :( :(

                   Here is the new chapter. Let me know your thoughts on it in the comment sections. Love you all :D:D

___________________________________________________________

They were chatting after such a long time, freely and happily without any interruption. Their happy laughter was filled in the car. Aahana noticed from her corner of eye that their cab was approaching an intersection, she instructed the driver to take a left turn ahead. The driver nodded and proceeded as told. Nick was confused, asking, "Where are we going?"

"I told you it was a secret." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"But--"

"No more buts. Here, let me tie your eyes." She began to take out a piece of cloth from her bag.

"What? Why?", getting more confused.

"Please let me, na... It is a surprise, I need to tie your eyes." She cutely pouted her small lips. Nick suddenly got a desire to kiss those pouted lips. He averted his eyes from her lips with great difficulty, taking a nervous gulp. She turned her neck to look from the car window to verify something and spoke immediately, "We're almost there. Nick, quick quick. Come close..."

Nick shook his head sighing and held his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, fine." He fully turned towards her, folded his left leg on the seat and leaned towards her; A mischievous smirk clung to the corner of his lips. 

    Despite saying him to come closer, when Nick finally did that, Aahana's breath hitched and her heart skipped beats after beats. Her black eyes didn't miss the smirk on his lips before meeting with his blue orbs. 

"W-why are you smirking like that?" She asked raising the left eyebrow, slightly stuttering from nervousness. Stop stuttering, Aahana! She mentally scolded herself. Why the hell am I start to stutter whenever Nick looks at me? And that feeling of the thousands butterflies in my tummy! Stop it! 

"Nothing, just wanted to smirk, that's all." He didn't hide his smirk at all, in addition it broadened into a big smile, eyes sparkling with mischief. 

She halted her thoughts and in awed of his smile. She never saw him smiling this closely; her breathe hitched again. How can someone look so handsome and cute at the same time? Her eyes again travelled back to his eyes. They both lost at each other's eyes, forgetting the surrounding; she slowly brought up her hands with the blindfold to his eyes and covering them, reaching behind his head and tried to tie the knot with the shaking hands.

                  Nick could feel Aahana's hot breathe on his ears and her sweet smell with a hint of lavender came into his nose. He inhaled deeply into her scents and absorbed it all in his all senses. He almost had a hard time to keep his hands away from her. He wanted to hug her tightly and kiss her so badly, that it became a torture for him. When she almost completed tying the knot, a small accident happened due to jerking of the cab, indicating the arrival at the destination. 

                 Aahana's right knee was bending on the seat and left leg was dangling from the seat; But most of the weight of her body was on her right knee as she was leaning towards Nick for tying the blindfold. So when the cab stopped, she lost her balance and fell on Nick completely, crashing him under her. Nick caught her instinctively by waist before she could fall from seat and hurt her head. His left hand which was resting on the seat, immediately hugged her tightly and right hand which was resting on his lap, came to her head to protect it from any impact. She also held Nick for her dear life so hard that her nails marked on his shoulder through the sweatshirt. The driver apologized immediately for not noticing a speed bump on the road and causing such incidents. 

"It's okay." Nick told the driver, still crashed under Aahana. "Are you okay?" He asked Aahana softly. She nodded her head still closing her eyes. Then realized immediately that he couldn't see her, so she mumbled, "Yes, just a little bit shocked." 

"Hmm." He hummed in understanding. Although Nick didn't want to release her from his embrace, but he could feel the curious glances from the cab driver. He didn't care about the looks from the driver, but Aahana might be felt uncomfortable in this situation, so he just asked in low voice, "Um.. Aahana.. Can you get up?"

Aahana's eyes were shot open in confusion. When she understood what he had said, she was flustered for being asked to get up. I'm literally crushing him under me. It's natural for him being uncomfortable. "Y-yeah." She mumbled, more to herself than him and tried to get up, but slipped down on Nick again.

"Oof!!" He groaned.

"Sorry, sorry." She again tried to get up but failed since she couldn't hold any support to get up.

"Wait, wait. Let me...?" He asked permission before placing his hands on her shoulders and held her weight. She easily held onto the seat for support and got up from him. She sat on her seat and rubbed right cheek with trembling fingers. Her right cheek got brushed off with Nick's and the place where it touched, was hot. Her whole face was red in embarrassment. Nick also got up from the lying position, still in his blindfold. 

"Are you okay?" Nick asked again. Aahana couldn't look at his face, just gave him a side-glance and answered, "Y-yeah."

There was a small awkward silence until the driver cleared his throat to get their attention. Nick also changed the subject immediately; He asked in teasing tone, "Sooo, where are we now? Let me guess... are you kidnapping me right now? Oh my god! What am I gonna do?"

Despite of him couldn't see, Aahana rolled her eyes and called out, "Drama King! Come out of the cab." She got out of the cab, paid the driver and instantly went to Nick's side to hold his hand and guide him. They went towards a flower shop near the entrance gate and bought a bouquet of white lilies. Aahana took a deep breath before holding the bouquet on one hand and Nick's hand tightly on the other and went forward to the "Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery".