CHAPTER- 36

It was already two days after the incident happened in the cafeteria. Aahana was avoiding Nick intentionally to not to cause any more gossiping materials for people in the office as well as in the city. Because he is one of the popular bachelors in the city. But what was odd to Aahana was that Nick also didn't try to approach her or at least ask about her health after her collapsing. That thought panged her heart a little, but she shrugged it off. She was in a good mood since it was his birthday. She wanted to wish him, tell him the truth about his mother, give the last letter from his mother to him as a present. But she didn't find him in the office when she came in the morning. She thought to meet him in the lunchtime and determined to tell him about his mother today, no matter what happened. But she was so busy with the graphic works that she even hadn't time to have her lunch. The work had to submit today at all cost because the new chapters scheduled to publish late at night. So her plan to meet him was canceled. She tried not to feel bad about it and concentrated into the works in hand.

It was almost 7 at the evening. She was so drowned in the work that she didn't notice the time. But when she noticed that she immediately turned her head towards Nick's cabin and the lights were off. She raised her left eyebrow in concern. She did finish the last bit of works and went to his cabin door and placed her hand on the door-knob. It was locked. Aahana asked the guard who was passing by.

"Excuse me, do you know if Boss already leave the office building?"

The guard nodded his head. "Yes Ma'am. He and Amy Ma'am from the modelling department left early together.." He looked at his wristwatch frowning, "..hmm.. two hours ago." He concluded.

"Oh!" A shadow fell on her beautiful face. "Do you know where they go?"

He shook his head. "No Ma'am. But.."

"But?" She asked curiously.

"There were some models had came earlier with Amy Ma'am. They were talking about to go to clubbing and celebrate someone's birthday or such."

"Oh! Umm.. Do you mind me asking if you know which club they went?" She smiled sheepishly. The guard shook his head. "No ma'am. I don't know anything about that."

"Oh, okay. Thank you for letting me know." Aahana said softly. The guard gave her a sad smile and went to his works. She sighed in disappointment. She was sad that she didn't get the chance to wish him at least and jealous of the fact that Nick and Amy went out together. She stood there for awhile to think what to do next.

  Should I try to call Nick? Or not? I can ask him where he is now. No that is not the best idea. And why he would tell me where he is? He was going out with his friends for birthday celebration.... and didn't invite me at least. She shook her head to clear that thought. No, it's not the time to feel sad. At least I should call him and wish him. Yes, that is a good idea. 

      She pulled out her phone from her pocket but hesitated before finally call Nick. His phone was ringing and her heart started to beat slightly faster in uncertainty. Will he pick up or not? She licked the dried lips in nervousness. But the phone kept ringing and the line got cut eventually. She frowned slightly at her phone, then again dialed his number. But again cut off the line. She thought he might didn't hear the ringtone because of loud music, but tried one last time in hope she could catch up with him. Finally she did or so she thought. 

"Hello?" The phone was picked by some random guy.

"Hello? Who is this? And where is the owner of the phone?" She demanded.

"Woah-woah-woah... Cool down Miss. I'm Max, one of the bartender of THE SHOTS." The other side spoke out, humor in his voice.

"The Shots?" She asked confusedly.