CHAPTER-15

In Aahana's apartment,

Aahana opened her eyes slowly. It was black there. So she again closed her eyes and opened again. It was all black. She could not remember where she was. When her eyes adjusted she realized that she had been sleeping in her bedroom. She saw that Kait was sitting in a chair besides her bed and slept on the chair. She tried to sit up in the bed. Kait woke up to listen some sound and saw Aahana had woken up and tried to sit up. Kait helped her to sit up. She checked the temperature of Aahana and it was normal. She sighed in relief and asked Aahana if she wanted to eat something. She nodded her head slowly. Kait brought the chicken soup that she made early in the evening. Kait gave the bowl of soup to Aahana. She took it with shaking hands and drank the soup slowly. She drank all the soup and Kait gave her some medicine; she took the medicine. When she felt better, she asked in a muttered voice, "How did I get here?"

Kait said, "You don't remember? Nick brought you back home."

Aahana frowned her eye-brows, "No. Last thing I remember that I was going to an office party with Nick, there we talked with clients and others, then suddenly I felt dizzy. I don't know what happened after that. "

Kait sat beside her bed from the chair and said, "Well, after you were feeling dizziness, you lost your conscious for high fever. Nick took you to the hospital, then he brought you back home. He also bought the medicine. "

Aahana listened silently. She remembered now, when she was getting unconscious she heard someone was calling her name continuously. So, it was Nick. She tried to tell something when she felt something on her left ankle. She took a look her left leg, and it was her lost anklet. She gasped in disbelief. She touched it. She could not believe how that came here. It was lost, right? So how did it come to its proper place? Who bring it back? She asked Kait, "Kait, my anklet! Did you find here in my room? How? Where was it?"

Kait stopped her, "No, no. It's not me. This is also Nick. He put on the anklet in your ankle, when you were sleeping."

"Nick? But how? Where?"

"I don't know anything about that. He just came back from the front door when he was leaving, then he placed this in your ankle. I think he found that in the party and kept it himself." Aahana tried to say something when Kait raised her hand and said, "Why he did that, that you have to ask him directly, I don't know about that."

They were both silent for some moment. Then, Kait said, "By the way, your boss Nick is so handsome. I envy you."

"Are you serious? He is a monster. I'm here today thanks to him. You have no idea how much he did give me work, that I fell sick. This is his fault. Monster!"

Kaitlyn laughed at her comment, "I know. I know.Don't mad about that. He already felt sorry for that and also told me about that. He really was sorry. So for that, he gave you tomorrow day-off to rest as much as you can. You can join office from next week."

Aahana's mouth dropped in surprise, " He said 'sorry' to you for making me sick? Impossible! He could not do that, even if he said sorry I'm sure it was just to say, not with the real feelings at all."

"No Aahana, that's not true. I saw the expression of guilt in his eyes. He was really guilty. The way he was looking at you with concern eyes, they couldn't be just for show. And think about it, if he did not concerned about you, he didn't go to the hospital and bring you home. He could easily dropped you in the hospital and contacted your address. Just think about it."

Aahana didn't say anything about that. She got up from the bed to change something comfortable. When she went to her closet to take out something, Kait grabbed her arms and turned her around. Aahana was so surprised by Kait behavior, she just arched her left eye-brow in question. Kait was mesmerized by her outfit. She took out her phone and took a picture of Aahana. Kait did not answer anything, so Aahana asked irritatingly, "What are you doing? I've to change, I am sleepy."

Kait said, "One more picture. Please. Stay still."

"But why? Kait, please stop. Why are you taking my pictures?"

"Idiot, I'm not taking pictures of you , I'm taking the pictures of this dress. Where have you buy from? The style is so unique. I never see something like in my life."

"Oh, so it's the dress. Actually I made it."

"Made it? Means you made it yourself? How? By the way, what is the dress called?"

"Actually, Nick told me to wear something black in the party, but I didn't have anything in that time and I could not come home to change either. So, he told me to see in the designing room if there was something. There was this black piece of cloth, I draped it as a saree. Luckily I took my black leather jacket and wore my black jeans today.So, I cut my jacket to make this leather blouse, but I borrowed this neck-piece and bracelet though. So that how it is. But I don't know what it's called either, I'll call it half-saree, maybe."

Kait amazed by Aahana's creation, she said to Aahana, "I'm going to put this half-saree in my collection. And you will help me."

"Okay. Now go. I'm feeling sleepy again. Good night.", Aahana replied her with smile and went to bed. Kait also went to her room while saying, " Must be caused by the medicines you take. Okay.Good night. Sleep tight."

Next Morning in Nick's house,

            Nick woke up in the morning to get ready for the office. Last night was something special. He couldn't forget about Aahana, the way she looked in that dress or her sleeping face.He gave Aahana today off. So she would not be in the office today. But when she would come the next Monday, he would ask for his forgiveness to her. When he was being ready in his room, a servant came to tell him that his father had asked for him. Nick went to his father's study and knocked the door.

"Come in."

Nick asked, "Are you calling for me?"

"Yes. Sit down.I just show you a photo and ask one question, then you tell me."

Nick didn't understand what his father meant. So, he frowned and said,"Okay." Then sat down in front of his father.

His father Mr. Mathhew took out a photo from the first drawer of the table and put down on the table and asked, "What is the meaning of this?" Then he looked his son's eyes straight.

Nick saw that it was a photo of them- his and Aahana's together!! When they entered the last night party holding hands and when they left the party carrying Aahana in his arms. The two photos were merged in one. He stared at them silently.

His father looked at him intensely. He spoke in his baritone voice,"I asked you something, Nick. What is this meaning of this? If I don't buy this photo from the photographer, it'll be publish today in every newspapers. You fooled around up until now - I don't care about that. But now you are the president of our company. And a president with his employee in public like that.......Do you even understand what will be happen if this leak in the papers? Also I didn't assume Aahana is that type of girl who can glue herself to her rich boss like that- I'm ashamed myself to trust her....."

"No.", Nick said loudly. Mr. Mathhew was stunned.Nick said again,"No, it wasn't her fault or that how she is. Actually........." Then he told his father the whole story- appointing Aahana as his secretary, giving her so many works that she fell ill, also what actually happened last night.

"Oh my god", said Mr. Mathhew, "What have you done? How is she?"

"Now she's better. I told her roommate to take today off of her work and rest properly." 

"Hmm... But that don't justify what you did was right. I gave you the position in one condition, hope you remember that." Nick nodded his head affirmatively. "You caused to her illness. I am not telling you to resign, but you can't join the company for a week, today onwards. Go to your room." Nick got up from his chair and went to his room. He wasn't mad at his dad for stooping to go in the office, but mad at himself for not to see Aahana for a week. Wait a minute, he felt irritate to not see Aahana??????What was happening to him??!!!!!!!!!!!!